3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Rec Explained, Gmc Recognition Program
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 30 2011, 11:58 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Dec 30 2011, 04:40 AM) *
New(er) to this site (just over a month), and I just found the "REC" program today. Sounds like a really great tool, and I'm excited to send in my first one soon. So far, I've really been honing in on this riff for the last few days (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/country-picking-advanced/) but I can't get it up to "Muris-Speed" (aka: 155bpm!!) quite yet!!

I'll try and upload my first vid tomorrow, since it's my day off. I'm kind of an audio-video idiot, so I'm hoping I can get it figured out easily enough. In fact, I'm simply hoping to submit a "live" take, as opposed to having to mix and edit the sound and such. I know I can get a good enough mix that way, but obviously it's not "GMC Instructor" quality!! I'll post my results here perhaps.

Thanks GMC!! This site and community is great! I hope to see it expand (although, hopefully not the price!) over the next few years, as I hopefully find more time to get involved here, as opposed to just watching lesson vids as I've been doing thus far.

Looking forward to your first REC take! smile.gif
When it comes to audio/video quality, it is not that important as long as we can hear what you are playing (so we can give feedback on it).
Live take will do just fine!

Posting videos is fun and it really pushes you forward when it comes to practicing. Also a great tool to "see" your progress over time.

Great to have you on the site - see you around the forum! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Feb 27 2012, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
Hey there,

I would like to upload a video within the rec program. But I am not experienced in recording with video. Is there somewhere a description on GMC how to do it?
Let's say I record the take in Logic as I always do and I record it somehow simultaneously with my Camcorder. My main question is, how do I syncronise the audio file with the video file?
Thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk1: Feb 27 2012, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 27 2012, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Feb 27 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Hey there,

I would like to upload a video within the rec program. But I am not experienced in recording with video. Is there somewhere a description on GMC how to do it?
Let's say I record the take in Logic as I always do and I record it somehow simultaneously with my Camcorder. My main question is, how do I syncronise the audio file with the video file?
Thanks

Hey man,

You can use a video editor program like windows live movie maker or sony vegas etc. You mute the video sound and replace it with the one you recorded via DAW smile.gif If you have questions you can pm me anytime smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 27 2012, 08:04 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Feb 27 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Hey there,

Thanks

You are right. Once you have audio and video, you need to synchronize them in the video editing software like (Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, iMovie etc).

Check out this useful video on this topic :

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Feb 27 2012, 08:09 PM
GMC:er
I will rolleyes.gif Thanks for that quick reply!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 27 2012, 08:28 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Feb 27 2012, 08:09 PM) *
I will rolleyes.gif Thanks for that quick reply!

You're welcome! smile.gif

To sync them you need to import both audio and video tracks into your video editing software. There you can move around the audio track in order to make it in sync with the video you see in the preview screen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 27 2012, 10:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'll say "thanks" in advance..... I just got an interface, so I'll be able to FINALLY submit more quality audio and vids. I have been wondering about the same question, but now I have the answer before I've even tried!! Thanks Quadrium/Bogdan!

-Gabe Rodriguez

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 27 2012, 11:28 AM) *
You're welcome! smile.gif

To sync them you need to import both audio and video tracks into your video editing software. There you can move around the audio track in order to make it in sync with the video you see in the preview screen.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 8 2012, 01:12 PM
The REC scoreboard/titles have just been updated! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Aug 4 2014, 07:46 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Just diggin up some olds posts while having nothing to do at work!
Soo, is REC still a thing that people do? smile.gif I remember it being very constructive back in the days, so I might saddle up again and join the REC-train if it`s still going!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 4 2014, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Aug 4 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Just diggin up some olds posts while having nothing to do at work!
Soo, is REC still a thing that people do? smile.gif I remember it being very constructive back in the days, so I might saddle up again and join the REC-train if it`s still going!

Yes - REC is still on! wink.gif
Check out the latest student submissions here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=152

It would be awesome to see a new REC take from you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2014, 01:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 4 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Yes - REC is still on! wink.gif
Check out the latest student submissions here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=152

It would be awesome to see a new REC take from you smile.gif

Aye, aye, as Bogdan said - we're ready to grade and comment as soon as you submit something wink.gif What better choice than using the lessons we will work together on, in your mentoring thread? wink.gif

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 4 2014, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys,
just if anyone is looking for a video editing software - because the Windows Movie maker did not work for me,

I downloaded VideoPad free version and it seems to me much better than Movie maker
http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

Petr

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 4 2014, 06:09 PM
QUOTE (petr @ Aug 4 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Hi guys,
just if anyone is looking for a video editing software - because the Windows Movie maker did not work for me,

I downloaded VideoPad free version and it seems to me much better than Movie maker
http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

Petr

Hi Petr, thanks a lot for this helpful tip, I'm sure many will find it useful.
The software looks compatible with lots of devices and operating systems which is great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Aug 4 2014, 09:44 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 4 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Aye, aye, as Bogdan said - we're ready to grade and comment as soon as you submit something wink.gif What better choice than using the lessons we will work together on, in your mentoring thread? wink.gif

Looking forward to start! smile.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2014, 06:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Aug 4 2014, 08:44 PM) *
Looking forward to start! smile.gif

Perfect mate wink.gif Make sure you check your inbox later on today, for some goodies biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Dec 17 2014, 12:57 PM
Learning Rodie
Im so close to my first rec now, its not gonna be perfect but ill do it anyway just to show where im at.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 17 2014, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Tommy M @ Dec 17 2014, 12:57 PM) *
Im so close to my first rec now, its not gonna be perfect but ill do it anyway just to show where im at.

That's great news Tommy! smile.gif
REC takes don't need to be perfect at all, what is important is that you practice and get feedback on your videos so that you can make quicker progress in your playing. Please let me know if you need any help submitting your first REC take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Dec 17 2014, 02:34 PM
Learning Rodie
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 17 2014, 01:14 PM) *
That's great news Tommy! smile.gif
REC takes don't need to be perfect at all, what is important is that you practice and get feedback on your videos so that you can make quicker progress in your playing. Please let me know if you need any help submitting your first REC take.

i have a crappy 720 cam but mid day it should record ok, i laso made some youtube videos before and i have cubase so i think im ok.
Any help on how to get the sych right should be awesome though, im gonna record the video in movie maker, will that work ok with sony vegas?

This post has been edited by Tommy M: Dec 17 2014, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 17 2014, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (Tommy M @ Dec 17 2014, 02:34 PM) *
i have a crappy 720 cam but mid day it should record ok, i laso made some youtube videos before and i have cubase so i think im ok.
Any help on how to get the sych right should be awesome though, im gonna record the video in media player, will that work ok with sony vegas?

Yes, recording video in windows media player should allow you to export it and use it in Sony vegas for final editing.

How to get the sync between video and audio?

1. Record video on camera or using video capture software on the computer of your choice. This recording should also feature camera microphone audio (will come in handy later)
2. While recording video, have at the same time open audio recording software (in this case Cubase) and record your guitar audio.
3. Export audio and video recorded via camera (here you'll have good video and crappy camera mic audio)
4. Export audio mix of guitar and backing track from the Cubase (audio recording software)
5. Import all files (camera video/audio + Cubase audio) into Sony Vegas and add them to timeline tracks
6. To sync video and Cubase audio you have, you'll be using the audio recorded by a camera microphone as that track is already in perfect sync with the video you have. Line up your good quality audio of guitar playing/backing recorded in Cubase with audio track you have from the camera. Use intro count in or some specific moments in tracks where you can clearly see markers in the audio waveform which you can use to line them up. Once successful, both audio from the camera and one from cubase will sound good together (sound as one).
7. Once audio tracks are synced and they match the video, mute the camera low quality audio track in Sony vegas and just leave the video track + quality audio from Cubase on and render the final video.

Please let me know if you need any help or clarification of any of the steps above? smile.gif

p.s. using natural daylight or as much artificial light as possible in the evening is always welcome in order to get a good looking video. Camera needs as much light as you can provide to produce good results.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2014, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - Bogdan's explanations are very thorough and to support them, I will add this video which explains things as well:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 PM