> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Bleez’s Building Speed Workshop, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2015, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 9 2015, 03:34 PM) *
WOW! his tone is great, warm and fuzzy 70's goodness smile.gif Actually, there are parts where he has a real stoner groove going on there. Really good stuff, thanks for the post.

yeah! we had stoner in 1973 here!! smile.gif

That's why even modern stoner bands play Pappo's covers...

and also why BB king loved Pappo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
May 15 2016, 06:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gab, been a while since I posted in here huh.gif I saw your topic 'are you lost / need a guitar plan' and thought 'man, I totally need that' cool.gif
Ive been practising really solid for the last couple of years but TBH I looked at my progress and was quite disappointed, it was kinda depressing rolleyes.gif so instead of carrying on doing the same stuff I thought It would be better to check in with you to get a better plan of attack.

I usually have between 1.5 / 2 hours daily to practice. My usual routine is quite open but I tend to spend 45 mins to an hour on alternate picking with the metronome, using various patterns. I actually enjoy playing patterns to the metronome, I dont find it boring at all - its like meditation smile.gif but still, even with all the picking practise Ive done I still dont think my progress has been all that good. I have 2 lessons which I use to test my picking progress and I still cant play either of them at full speed yet..... after two years!

any thoughts on what I should do to get a more effective practice plan?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2016, 01:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Bleez, great to see you here again!

I would really like to help you. At first, it would be helpful if you share videos of you playing those 2 lessons. Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 16 2016, 06:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 16 2016, 01:10 AM) *
Hi Bleez, great to see you here again!

I would really like to help you. At first, it would be helpful if you share videos of you playing those 2 lessons. Is it possible?

awesome smile.gif I'll record them this afternoon, thanks dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 16 2016, 05:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey gab, here's the first one. The target speed is 75BPM but this is me at 70, as you hear Im starting to lose it a bit in the most difficult sections.

lesson - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

I think Im a bit better with the second lesson but its still not there. You'll probably recognise this lesson!
target speed is 114BPM, Im playing it at 110 which is about my limit. Ive never played it clean above this speed.

Lesson - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-maiden-lesson/

2 years rolleyes.gif huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2016, 01:11 AM
Instructor
Hi mate,

this lessons show an important issue to adjust which is related to your right hand. You are moving those fingers too much while the fingers should be completely fixed.

During the next 7 days, you'll focus your alternate picking practice on this exercises:

Watch carefully his right hand movement and emulate it. Notice how he doesn't move his right hand while picking. This exercises are not very musical but will be the most effective way to take the right direction for your right hand picking.

The idea is that you dedicate 1 hour per day to this.... or at least 40 minutes and then if you want 20 to the current lessons.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 17 2016, 06:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont know why Im moving my fingers like that huh.gif Its not even intentional, I dont think I do that when playing fast chords or riffs. damn.
I like those Vinnie Moore patterns, Ive used the first one ( the 1-2-3-4 ) quite a lot. I can spend an hour per day on these no problem smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2016, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Let's go for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 23 2016, 03:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Gab, just a quick update on the picking.
I'll use the language of Vinnie Mooore cool.gif ...... The 1-2-3-4 and 4-3-2-1 patterns are quite good, those are the fastest patterns I can play and Im just trying to focus on not moving my fingers when picking.
the 1-2-3 and 3-2-1 patterns were really awkward! they took me a few sessions to get into the groove with them but they are coming along fine now. they are just a little slower than the 4-3-2-1.
I found my hand getting tired when doing them for a full hour so I split them into two 45 minute sessions. So in the morning I'll do the 3-2-1's for 45 mins and at night I do the 4-3-2-1's
Im more than happy to keep this going, I really like the metronome stuff biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2016, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Fantastic mate! This will have a killer impact in your playing. You need to be patient and keep this routine for at least 3 months. I know that it ca sound like a lot of time, but compare it with your whole life, it's just a second. biggrin.gif

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 24 2016, 09:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 24 2016, 02:27 PM) *
but compare it with your whole life, it's just a second. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif yes indeed!
Im happy to stick with these types of sessions as long as it takes. I like using the metronome as much as playing to a backing track, sometimes more smile.gif
I'll post a vid in a couple of days of these patterns so you can double check my picking hand is looking okay. Not that Im paranoid about it.......... but I totally am rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2016, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Excellent! I'll wait for your videos. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 29 2016, 10:27 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi gab, heres a small section of the 1-2-3 and 3-2-1 vinnie moore patterns. Im trying desperately to minimise movement from my fingers holding the pick. It aint easy! Hopefully there is at least a little progress from the previous maiden lesson vid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2016, 06:18 PM
Instructor
yes, there is progress here, but it needs more days of practice to make the movements smaller and more natural / smoother. Also, when playing this triplets, I note that you rush tempo on each pattern. Listen to some triplets patterns or lessons and notice how triplets should sound.

I feel that you could practice at a bit slower tempo to be able to concentrate on those details.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 29 2016, 07:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 29 2016, 06:18 PM) *
I feel that you could practice at a bit slower tempo to be able to concentrate on those details.

LOL! yeah, I always suspected that I need to practice all of my alternate picking patterns a bit slower. It just feels like I wont progress if I dont play them as fast as I can! However I will reduce the speed from now on and try to tighten up the areas you mentioned.

I find the triplets quite difficult to play with the metronome. Vinnie didnt use one in that video and Im not 100% sure how they should really sound against a beat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2016, 04:50 PM
Instructor
What if you use guitar pro for practising? You can write the triplets and play along with the midi for a while. Then, when you feel comfortable, you can mute midi and play over metronome.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 30 2016, 05:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
never tried that but I'll have a look.
I was just trying to copy the way vinnie done them but he plays the 3 notes very slow and then very fast wink.gif I cant really hear any particular rhythm to his demonstration of the 3 notes per string exercise.
I can hear how it is sounds when you play triplets through a scale, should I be trying to play more like this?

Skip to 1.03

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2016, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Bleez,

you can use this file: Attached File  triplets.zip ( 581bytes ) Number of downloads: 61

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
May 31 2016, 03:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 31 2016, 02:05 PM) *
Hi Bleez,

you can use this file: Attached File  triplets.zip ( 581bytes ) Number of downloads: 61

perfect, thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2016, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 31 2016, 11:25 AM) *
perfect, thanks smile.gif

Keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:30 PM