3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Wouldn't It Be Awesome....
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2012, 10:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 7 2012, 09:45 AM) *
Yes, but we have to remember not everybody has the time to sit in on a chat all day.. so I think we should aim for quality not just quantity.. but maybe an hour or even 45mins would be cool. There's a few instructors, including Todd and Kris, so the time would add up to be quite a lot smile.gif

I think Ben is right wink.gif If each of us would focus on our specialty, we would offer great quality time and believe me, after two hrs of real FOCUS, you are not able to absorb too much wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 7 2012, 10:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 7 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Yes, but we have to remember not everybody has the time to sit in on a chat all day.. so I think we should aim for quality not just quantity.. but maybe an hour or even 45mins would be cool. There's a few instructors, including Todd and Kris, so the time would add up to be quite a lot smile.gif

OK cool. cool.gif You're right quality, not quantity smile.gif Now, why hasn't the great man himself, the father Mr. Kristopher Dahl read this ?
I wonder. huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 7 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 7 2012, 10:50 AM) *
OK cool. cool.gif You're right quality, not quantity smile.gif Now, why hasn't the great man himself, the father Mr. Kristopher Dahl read this ?
I wonder. huh.gif

I'm sure he has, he's got a lot of things to juggle with looking after the running of GMC but don't worry, it won't go unnoticed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 7 2012, 11:19 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
a chat marathon sounds cool for a start biggrin.gif

But let's be honest, of an one hour chat, 30 minutes will be talking about non-guitar related stuff! Some students are just easily distracted...not looking at anyone in particular, of course ph34r.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 7 2012, 11:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 7 2012, 11:19 AM) *
But let's be honest, of an one hour chat, 30 minutes will be talking about non-guitar related stuff! Some students are just easily distracted...not looking at anyone in particular, of course ph34r.gif

Christian

The non guitar chat is the best bit !! laugh.gif Well, in my chats, anyway ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 7 2012, 11:36 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 7 2012, 03:51 PM) *
The non guitar chat is the best bit !! laugh.gif Well, in my chats, anyway ! laugh.gif

Yeah, its good. biggrin.gif
But doing this for me seems to be equally at guitar and non-guitar related stuff. Its so that all of us have a good time, right, be it hanging out with the friends or learning how to shred. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 8 2012, 03:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 4 2012, 06:39 PM) *
if one day many (if not all) of us GMCers got together somewhere in Europe (or anywhere else for those of us who are in other continents), meet each other in person, have a good chat about music? I think it would kick axe smile.gif

It's better somewhere in America:) Europe is too far for me sad.gif

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Jun 8 2012, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2012, 03:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
A meeting in the US would be nice as well biggrin.gif
Since I really like LA, why not meet at Alex's place...saturday next week maybe? laugh.gif

I think if we all wanted to get together in person everyone would have to travel. But maybe someday it'll be possible.

Until then, anybody travelling to/through the southwest of Germany is welcome to stay a few days at my place smile.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Hehe, the US ? Well, how about we compromise and meet on the East coast, so it's a little closer to Europe and still in the US - New York maybe ? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2012, 03:49 PM
Instructor
I have a few acquisitions to make in the following 2-3 months (new pickups, vocal effects processor, wireless unit for guitar, in ear, monitors laugh.gif and the list won't stop) BUT..BUT after this, I am seriously thinking about having some money put aside for wherever the GMC meeting is held smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 8 2012, 02:45 PM) *
Hehe, the US ? Well, how about we compromise and meet on the East coast, so it's a little closer to Europe and still in the US - New York maybe ? wink.gif

Here's a good reason for me to visit NY biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 8 2012, 03:50 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 8 2012, 02:47 PM) *
I have a few acquisitions to make in the following 2-3 months (new pickups, vocal effects processor, wireless unit for guitar, in ear, monitors laugh.gif and the list won't stop) BUT..BUT after this, I am seriously thinking about having some money put aside for wherever the GMC meeting is held smile.gif

The size of the second BUT really convinced me that Cosmin wants to attend a possible meeting smile.gif I am down for it also, as long as we plan it ahead and give everyone some time to arrange the travel..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 8 2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 8 2012, 02:41 PM) *
A meeting in the US would be nice as well biggrin.gif
Since I really like LA, why not meet at Alex's place...saturday next week maybe? laugh.gif

I think if we all wanted to get together in person everyone would have to travel. But maybe someday it'll be possible.

Until then, anybody travelling to/through the southwest of Germany is welcome to stay a few days at my place smile.gif

Christian

I am busy Saturday! LOL How about Sunday after the video chat! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 04:06 PM
Instructor
I was only joking about NY guys.. just to clarify ! laugh.gif

I'd have to sell some body parts to be able to afford that ! I'm sure it's the same for most on here too wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2012, 04:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well then Ben...sell those kidneys! Who needs them anyway biggrin.gif

Or was this an invitation to hold the meeting at your place??

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 8 2012, 04:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 8 2012, 03:06 PM) *
I was only joking about NY guys.. just to clarify ! laugh.gif

I'd have to sell some body parts to be able to afford that ! I'm sure it's the same for most on here too wink.gif

You got me there! I had a mini-heart attack tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 8 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Or was this an invitation to hold the meeting at your place??

Yeah lucky you guys who don't need a visa for the UK mellow.gif Last year I went to London for a trip and had to apply for a 6-month visa twice because I was rejected the first time ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Jun 8 2012, 04:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 8 2012, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jun 8 2012, 04:23 PM) *
Yeah lucky you guys who don't need a visa for the UK mellow.gif Last year I went to London for a trip and had to apply for a 6-month visa twice because I was rejected the first time ohmy.gif

What ?? ohmy.gif

What idiot didn't realise that they were rejecting the mighty Dinaga from gracing the shores of our country ??!!!

They should be sacked from their job.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jun 8 2012, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 8 2012, 07:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 8 2012, 12:45 PM) *
What ?? ohmy.gif

What idiot didn't realise that they were rejecting the mighty Dinaga from gracing the shores of our country ??!!!

They should be sacked from their job.

Ya that is weird, because the UK's border control standards are pretty low. I know because they let me in all the time laugh.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 8 2012, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 8 2012, 07:04 PM) *
Ya that is weird, because the UK's border control standards are pretty low. I know because they let me in all the time laugh.gif

Not only that, but they alow me to keep living here!!!
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 8 2012, 08:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 8 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Not only that, but they alow me to keep living here!!!
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Priceless!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jun 9 2012, 02:43 AM
ok distractive boys, let´s come back to the idea tongue.gif

why don't the instructor involved in the marathon define the date (a sunday would be the best IMO) the time and the topics? and that´s all, the first GMC marathon will be celebrated cool.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:27 PM