4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Do You Hate Justin Bieber?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2012, 06:18 PM
Instructor
You will think that I live in a bubble but today is the first time that I watched a video and heard a song by Justin Bieber. It seems that he is one of the most hated musicians in the world... at least that is what I can note at Youtube. My conclusion of this video is that he is talented and that his product is very well done.

Do you hate him? Why?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 06:26 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I don't hate him but I don't understand all the popular media attention he gets. Similarly for many other people like him...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jun 12 2012, 06:29 PM
GMC:er
Nah. Why hate him? He's reasonably talented and got lucky. There's lots of music in this world I can't stand, doesn't make me "hate" the person that makes it. Bieber makes a lot of people feel good. Whether you believe it's all canned and produced or not, at the end of the day it doesnt' really matter. I just like what I like and do my own thing. Spending time and energy hating is pointless.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 12 2012, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes!

but not the person, just the music and concept... and that's off course just my taste

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 12 2012, 06:47 PM
Instructor
No, I don't hate him or any other musician that produces music I don't like. It's not fair to hate anyone, really. If you put that energy out there in the world, then you should be prepared to expect the same to come back to you.

Do I dislike his music and the pop culture he's involved in ? Oh yes smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 12 2012, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Same here. I don't hate they guy, but he's way too young to be singing about what he sings about. Plus, his voice just gets on my nerves!! I guess you would just have to like this style first.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2012, 07:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Let's face it, we are simply the wrong audience for him and his styl of music. In my opinion he (or rather the producers behind him) are pretty clever and discovered the biggest market for any musician: teenage girls.

Ben, just imagine your success if The Reckoning played slightly other music and looked just slightly different than now...then again, you probably wouldn't be on this site and we would have never heard of Donuts...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 12 2012, 07:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2012, 07:09 PM) *
then again, you probably wouldn't be on this site and we would have never heard of Donuts...

Exaclty.. can you imagine the massive, donut shaped void in your life if I weren't here ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 12 2012, 07:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
He really is not very talented. I heard him sing unaccompanied on a radio show not so long ago and I was surprised at how below average he is.
He is well marketed and very lucky. I dont hate him but I have no time for him or his type of 'product'.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2012, 07:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 12 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Exaclty.. can you imagine the massive, donut shaped void in your life if I weren't here ? biggrin.gif

Actually, I just bought a Donut after work today since there is no chat with you...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 07:34 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2012, 06:29 PM) *
Actually, I just bought a Donut after work today since there is no chat with you...

Yea man I wish I also got a Donut for this evening. Now that there is no chat with Ben, I don't know what I will do this evening. There is a massive, donut shaped void in my evening today mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 12 2012, 07:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I can't really say I hate anyone. There are people I like and people I don't like. Hate is a strong word...
Bieber is just a boy who got successful and he should be respected for that. He's a product of a well-organized institution, not the first nor the last one!

What annoys me though are the comments about him ALL.OVER.THE.INTERNET. Positive or negative, it doesn't really matter - I don't listen to that music and I don't need to be shoved with it in the face every single day...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 12 2012, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's not his music I hate. It's his ego. BUT - if you got it, flaunt it right? So I can't fault him for that. I just don't like pride on display is all.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2012, 08:30 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jun 12 2012, 08:36 PM) *
What annoys me though are the comments about him ALL.OVER.THE.INTERNET. Positive or negative, it doesn't really matter - I don't listen to that music and I don't need to be shoved with it in the face every single day...

True..I heard guys even talk about him in a guitar forum!!!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 12 2012, 08:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2012, 07:30 PM) *
True..I heard guys even talk about him in a guitar forum!!!

Ozzy nailed it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 12 2012, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I dont hate him i hate his fans

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 09:40 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jun 12 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Ozzy nailed it!

BIG LOL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 12 2012, 09:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I actually like Justin Bieber because he has managed to get uptight musicians all bent out of shape. Its hilarious to watch grown men have their ego destroyed by a little boy that looks like a lesbian.

He's living every musicians dream: Arena tours, girls, money, girls, fast cars, girls, a big mansion, girls, vacations in exotic places, girls - and in between that exciting lifestyle, he actually manages to pick up girls.

All this is achieved because he successfully sells his character. As we've discussed in a previous thread, when it comes to selling your music, character is equally as important, if not even more important than the music itself.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 12 2012, 09:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 12 2012, 01:44 PM) *
I actually like Justin Bieber because he has managed to get uptight musicians all bent out of shape. Its hilarious to watch grown men have their ego destroyed by a little boy that looks like a lesbian.

He's living every musicians dream: Arena tours, girls, money, girls, fast cars, girls, a big mansion, girls, vacations in exotic places, girls - and in between that exciting lifestyle, he actually manages to pick up girls.

All this is achieved because he successfully sells his character. As we've discussed in a previous thread, when it comes to selling your music, character is equally as important, if not even more important than the music itself.

haha. so true.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Jun 12 2012, 10:59 PM
Learning Roadie
I've never heard a song of Bibier, this is the first one! And yes, now I hate him biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:54 PM