15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 03:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 23 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Yeah man, I'd actually like to try and complete this whole lesson. smile.gif I will PM Marcus although I'm sure he is quite busy with BG. If he gives me the ok, I think I can make it happen.. smile.gif May need a few extra days though.. tongue.gif

That's fine if you need a few more days and can make it happen then you will at least get a half a week off biggrin.gif laugh.gif

If you decide to do this though I want a very strong effort! I want the chords with the right fingers. Cool? cool.gif

Sounds like you are enjoying the lesson and that makes me very happy smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 24 2009, 03:43 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 23 2009, 09:27 PM) *
That's fine if you need a few more days and can make it happen then you will at least get a half a week off biggrin.gif laugh.gif

If you decide to do this though I want a very strong effort! I want the chords with the right fingers. Cool? cool.gif

Sounds like you are enjoying the lesson and that makes me very happy smile.gif

I am enjoying it man.. biggrin.gif And you know I'll give 100%, though I'm sure their will be issues.. huh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 04:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm sure you will do fine and let me know if I can help bro. smile.gif If you can't play full spead that's cool. I really would like you to focus on being perfect if that makes sence (chords and fingering right). If you can't play up to his tempo I am fine with that. We want quality with this OK! tongue.gif

Get to work and earn your vacation bro laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 24 2009, 04:32 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 23 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I'm sure you will do fine and let me know if I can help bro. smile.gif If you can't play full spead that's cool. I really would like you to focus on being perfect if that makes sence (chords and fingering right). If you can't play up to his tempo I am fine with that. We want quality with this OK! tongue.gif

Get to work and earn your vacation bro laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

OK man, the pressure is on now... unsure.gif In the mean time, here's something for you to pick apart..Key is Em and it it's just all random improv. I was trying to practice bends and harmonics if you can call them that... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 25 2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Jeff, Can you open the GP file for the sabbath lesson? I've got a question to ask you. smile.gif Look at bar's 37 and 38 and watch the main vid. I see where he slides from first fret but not where he goes back to it if that makes sense. Looks like this..

|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------3--4--3--4--6--4--3--2----|
|----1--3--4--3--4--6--4--3--4--3-----------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------|

Tell me if I'm right here... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 25 2009, 10:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry Steve I can't access anything. sad.gif

If that is the tab above and you can give me a time segment to watch from the main video them I could probably help.

Thanks for your patients

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 25 2009, 10:53 PM
Hmm..The section I'm talking about is 1:01-1:07. In the main vid he plays it as tabbed. But in the 6th vid, he plays it as I have tabbed, or close to it.. I'll try and figure it out man.. smile.gif Thanks bro!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 25 2009, 11:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well now I feel worthless sad.gif

Just play which everone sounds best to you and let me know which one you decided. I will comment based on that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 25 2009, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 25 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Well now I feel worthless sad.gif

Just play which everone sounds best to you and let me know which one you decided. I will comment based on that.

I hope you are joking! tongue.gif I shall do as you say, and play it as best as I can. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 27 2009, 05:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just wanted to check in and see how things where coming along. We got 6 inches of snow over night so I stayed home with my son today. Did you get your issue with video 6 figured out? When do you thinks you will be uploading this weeks lesson?

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 27 2009, 05:53 PM
Snow day, lucky you...We can't get snow down this way for nothing. Not anything measurable anyway.
I think I've got that section worked out. I'll try to get the vid uploaded tonight or tomorrow night. Tbh, my time practicing has been cut into a bit. My wife is having to pull longer hours due to layoff's with her company. I'm still practicing everynight but with my kid's needing attention, it's just not quality time.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 03:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yeah tough times for everyone right now with jobs and stuff. It's good news that she wasn't one of the ones layed off.

Do what you can and enjoy some time with your kids. They grow up so quick.

A forgot to ask if Marcus sent you the backing track for this lesson? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 28 2009, 04:18 AM
Man, just now getting to my guitar tonight, so a take is pretty unlikely.. sad.gif Thanks for your encouragement Jeff and yes, she is lucky. She has been with Verizon Wireless for 14 years and I'm glad seniority still means something. smile.gif It don't help my efforts with practice time, but I'm very grateful though for what we do have have considering the times.

As far as the backing, Marcus was having issues with his Pro Tools, said if he could get them worked out, he would send it to me. He also said it would be fine for me to use, so I have acquired it, just not with the second guitar, which I'm going to try and work out myself. blink.gif May need you to help on this bro.. tongue.gif

I'm still working on the strumming and arpeggios which I will nail before this thing ends, at tempo! cool.gif

So, off to utilize my little bit of time that I do have before my eyelids get too heavy... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 28 2009, 05:05 AM
Tonight has not went well with practice..but here's an upload..He needed a pick.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 05:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm always thinking of you bro biggrin.gif

Check it out! This is like you Jackson and my Fender ran into each other. Like a Ressee's cup laugh.gif

Not the best quality sound clip, but you get the point. smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 28 2009, 05:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 28 2009, 05:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 28 2009, 05:05 AM) *
Tonight has not went well with practice..but here's an upload..He needed a pick.. laugh.gif

Probably see that on "Skennington: Behind the music" someday. laugh.gif laugh.gif How old steve? I always tell my wife that if my boy ends up liking guitars that he has as good as won the guitar lottery. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 28 2009, 05:15 AM
laugh.gif Your right, I think if we through them both in a blender, we would have ourselves a Lynch Sig ESP..

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 05:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif laugh.gif Your son 2 hand tapes better then me.

Thanks man! So now am I teaching the 2 of you for the price of one biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 28 2009, 05:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 28 2009, 05:16 AM
laugh.gif He's 3 going on 13 I believe.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 28 2009, 05:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 27 2009, 11:05 PM) *

OK, well since your son uploaded I will comment on my new student laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Good Points:
He has a better hair cut than you
Has the Rock Star attitude for sure
Great right hand alternate picking ideas for such a young age
He has a great smile and looks alot like his father

Things to work on:
Play without Dad holding that big heavy guitar
Use the pickup switch to get a variation in tones
Do some pick scraps every once in a while because they sound good and look really cool

You crack me up man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:18 AM