> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Tuckerg's Groove Building Ring
TuckerG
Aug 13 2012, 08:11 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 12 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Howdy Tuck! Looking forward to seeing that poster man! biggrin.gif About the playing with the fingers, that's a different approach to playing - if you like it, we can most surely discuss about it, but riffing will not be included, as for that you need the pick smile.gif

perfect, all I needed to hear man! Finger picking is no longer on my radar. biggrin.gif ASU decided to not open the computer lab today, so postings tomorrow good sir! but, it was nice in that I had no choice but to practice all day biggrin.gif haha! Thanks for the input, man. hasta manana Maestro!

-Tucker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 13 2012, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Well, it's not like you have to avoid it smile.gif I love finger picking, as it provides a great way to be expressive when playing smooth lead lines for instance. It's just that it's different and it is good to be used in a different context.

We can tackle both directions, you know wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Aug 15 2012, 09:14 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 13 2012, 07:26 AM) *
Well, it's not like you have to avoid it smile.gif I love finger picking, as it provides a great way to be expressive when playing smooth lead lines for instance. It's just that it's different and it is good to be used in a different context.

We can tackle both directions, you know wink.gif

Cosmin

Awseome Cos, at some point I would like to mass around with fingerstyle a little. Ok, Man I just put down a deposit on an Ibanez RGD320... biggrin.gif It sounds brutal good sir! It is set up for D standard tuning, which is what my guitar is in 90% of the time (thanks to the style my mentor happens to play) LOL kidding man biggrin.gif But I love it! I cannot wait to start practicing with it Cosmin! It was made for shredding and the style of music I am learning, gah I am so excited haha biggrin.gif Any thoughts on if this is a good guitar for me sir?

-Tucker

P.S. ASU is shut down for the week (week before fall semester) so I am locked out of the MCS building which is my only access to computer, and all our tournament project stuff. So tournament is dalayed a week, which is good in a way... soon as i get in there, I'll get your ok on the poster and start printing copies lol.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2012, 10:23 AM
Instructor
Mornin' Tuck!

Well, the guitar is good for you if:

- you like the way it sounds
- you like the way it feels in your hands
- it's well built and looking beautiful and you like looking at it

tongue.gif This is all there's to it actually biggrin.gif

Regarding the poster, no worries man, when it's ready, let me know!

Tell me, what have you been practicing lately?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Aug 19 2012, 05:30 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 16 2012, 04:23 AM) *
Mornin' Tuck!

Well, the guitar is good for you if:

- you like the way it sounds
- you like the way it feels in your hands
- it's well built and looking beautiful and you like looking at it

tongue.gif This is all there's to it actually biggrin.gif

Regarding the poster, no worries man, when it's ready, let me know!

Tell me, what have you been practicing lately?

Cosmin

Yes sir! I have been practicing like crazy, also using my practice log (works well for me). I'm gonna lose my mind if I don't get a good internet connection at my house soon so we can get moving on my lesson plan tongue.gif Fin. Aid/scholarship payout is set for the 21st, so I should be back in business with some videos then, and you can look over my progress and take me to the next step man. smile.gif

Man Cos, this is my riff I came up with. It sounds to much like Metallica, I want to make it more modernish haha. I did 4 tracks and panned them everywhere. The lead is horrendous, but then again, I am not very good yet biggrin.gif If you have a chance Cos, would you mess with it, modify it, add, take away, or anything and record how you would play it? Maybe I could use that as a lesson, by practicing it to your specifications and timing etc, I would could learn so much from the comparison of what I naturally played and recorded, to how it's done by a professional. Just an idea, I would love that as a lesson bro.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F56801978&show_artwork=true"></iframe>

If I could upload videos, I would have made a video man. If you can make it for a lesson for me sometime, I'll get a video up somehow some way asap. The school opens back up Monday so I could do it then. smile.gif

-Tucker

http://soundcloud.com/t-c-green/tcprerevised

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F56801978&amp;auto_play=false&amp;show_artwork=true&amp;color=ff7700"></iframe>

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2012, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Hey Tuck! smile.gif I was thinking in transforming this groove you just played in a video chat session lesson - 'How to add modern elements in transforming a classic metal riff into a modern one' smile.gif

I would like to do it this Thursday - if you agree of course and if you could attend, as well smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Aug 30 2012, 06:43 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 20 2012, 02:02 AM) *
Hey Tuck! smile.gif I was thinking in transforming this groove you just played in a video chat session lesson - 'How to add modern elements in transforming a classic metal riff into a modern one' smile.gif

I would like to do it this Thursday - if you agree of course and if you could attend, as well smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

OMG, That is awesome Cos! Did you do it yet? If you haven't, I will be be there for the live chat no matter what! smile.gif My internet is scheduled for reconnect Friday, and GMC just drafted my bank for my 6 month renewal, so I'm almost back in the game! biggrin.gif

My goal for this semester is to put in a minimum of two hours a night during the week, Minimum of 10 hours per weekend, and attend 2 video chats per week. Obviously if I don't have homework I'll be able to practice a lot more than that. Also, to keep you updated on my equipment, I had the Ibanez RGD320 for about three days and loved it, but at the music store I had also played an Ibanez SA series 260, and it was literally the most comfortable feeling guitar I have played yet, so after your comment about "getting what I like," I went back and swapped guitars. biggrin.gif Oh man Cos, It's just the perfect guitar for me. The salesman also talked me into buying a Blackstar HT-5 Ministack.. and a Seymour Duncan Invader humbucker. smile.gif Man, I don't have much experience, but Blackstar amps impressed the heck out of me! biggrin.gif

Also, My Frat's golf tourney was pushed back until October 19, I'll start putting posters all over town the first part of September after I get your approval. Hope you're having a good week!

-Tucker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Tuck! smile.gif Great to hear that man - once you go for what you like, you'll never be wrong biggrin.gif

Regarding the Blackstar! Go for it! Great amps! I haven't done the v-chat yet, as I was waiting for your approval and also, please tell me in which of the upcoming Thursdays in September you will be joining my chat, so that I can prepare it for then wink.gif

In the mean time, I'm curious to see the poster biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:38 PM