2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitar Rig 4
maharzan
Oct 1 2009, 06:17 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I am not at all fan of digital modeling and have moved to all tube thing..but I just got an update about the Guitar Rig 4 which I use sometimes if I don't want to fiddle with cables. Seems to sound decent..

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/pro...28&page=952

I know one of our instructors, Muris, uses this extensively so if you are looking for a good sound, easy to set up, you might want to check it out as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 1 2009, 06:21 PM
Instructor
GR 2 and 3 were ok. I prefer Amplitube but I hope they improved it a lot in this new one. I'll give it a try

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 1 2009, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
i might invest in a new computer recording software soon, but i love the sound of my blackstar and would rather get that sound in my recordings

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 1 2009, 07:18 PM
Learning Roadie
the metal tones sound so weak mellow.gif but for blues/funk/jazz it seems to be fine

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 1 2009, 11:11 PM
Instructor
Cool I will try it, thanks. I use GR3 for various purposes, the trick is to know how the actual gear sounds in real life, you can then easily make a good preset with it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 2 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice !!

I test GR4 since yesterday and i really like it. I don't know how it compares to the previous versions, but i have the impression it uses lesser CPU resources ... is this possible?

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 2 2009, 07:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Oct 2 2009, 08:11 PM) *
depends if ur in HI q mode (high quality)

Yes, HI is active.

I use some sound enhancement plugins and effects in Logic while playing. Amp modulation i kept outside the DAW by using a POD. I have tried different amp modeling plugins to replace the POD, but all together it was too much i guess. With GR4 it seems to work better now.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 2 2009, 07:58 PM
Instructor
I use GR4, I love it!
I think they improved the sound even more with this release...
The previous versions sounded good, but so far this version is my favorite.
The effects can be tweaked even more in GR4.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 2 2009, 08:27 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've tried out the demo and it sounds great smile.gif
I even got some GREAT distortion tones out of this one!!
That's a great improvement, and the control room works wonders too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 2 2009, 08:31 PM
Instructor
Great to see it works better than GR4, slowly the modeling is taking greater share of the market as far as I can see! smile.gif

They talked a lot about improving the cab modeling and using some new technology, possibly impulses. Can anyone confirm this?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 2 2009, 10:18 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I just bought my upgrade to Komplete 6 including GR4 - should get it in a few days smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 2 2009, 11:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Do you need special hard ware to use GR4 or will it recognise my UX2?

Edit
Just downloaded it and yes it recocnises the UX2.

This post has been edited by Boson: Oct 2 2009, 11:17 PM

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 3 2009, 02:00 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
It should work on any audio card but better ones renders better sound (thats the only difference).

QUOTE (Boson @ Oct 2 2009, 11:05 PM) *
Do you need special hard ware to use GR4 or will it recognise my UX2?

Edit
Just downloaded it and yes it recocnises the UX2.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 8 2009, 05:24 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I have been using GR 3 for quite some time and I really liked it. I was just about to order version 4 when I now switched completely wink.gif I just got an Axe-FX Ultra and this is my fave in the moment.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 8 2009, 08:50 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Oct 8 2009, 06:24 PM) *
I have been using GR 3 for quite some time and I really liked it. I was just about to order version 4 when I now switched completely wink.gif I just got an Axe-FX Ultra and this is my fave in the moment.

You are lucky biggrin.gif
I'm saving up for one too, but it'll be a while smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 10 2009, 07:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Oct 8 2009, 06:24 PM) *

Is that Fractal Axe? smile.gif

Thanks for info on GR4 tho, must check it!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 10 2009, 07:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Oct 3 2009, 11:04 PM) *
are the GR3 presets compatible with GR4?

Yes, there are. There is an import function for that, so if You got GR3 installed before - the installer asks You about imorting the "old" presets before the proggie starts for the first time.
Btw. check my review in the WIKI.

//Staffay

This post has been edited by Staffy: Oct 10 2009, 07:23 AM

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 10 2009, 08:11 AM
I need to check this out now. Some students already recommended me GR4. I think is time to try it

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 10 2009, 08:41 AM
Instructor
If downloaded the GR4 and it seems to be cooler than the previous version, you can notice that on the presets. There are too many good things like the simil sequenciator that allows you to set some effects like the Whammy or the Wah Wah...really awesome.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Tiner
Oct 11 2009, 06:30 AM
I cant say anything about GR4 but I have used GR2 and 3 and they were good but when I recently bought my first real amp im never going back to guitar rig. It has alot to offer but to me thats a downside.

I tend to play with the sound rather than play the guitar tongue.gif but that not GR fault tho

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:24 AM