4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Lester - Mtp - December
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 1 2010, 10:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jan 1 2010, 09:38 PM) *
right, I understand that I think.
but when I look at the lesson we keep playing D dorian over Dm7, G7 and C7M.
shouldn't we chang position to get the feel of each mode?

Not necessarily. Each box contains every mode, even if it starts with a different note. The point is to "see" the "right" notes in each box, while you're improvising. This means hours and hours of practice and theory studies.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 2 2010, 12:13 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Jan 1 2010, 10:25 PM) *
Not necessarily. Each box contains every mode, even if it starts with a different note. The point is to "see" the "right" notes in each box, while you're improvising. This means hours and hours of practice and theory studies.

Right, I think I get it. so when you move on to a different mode in the same box the root notes change and the other intervals as well, right?

If that's true, there's indeed a lot of patterns and theory to take in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 2 2010, 01:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jan 2 2010, 12:13 PM) *
Right, I think I get it. so when you move on to a different mode in the same box the root notes change and the other intervals as well, right?

If that's true, there's indeed a lot of patterns and theory to take in.

Nothing to add smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 2 2010, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Jerry!

Here's my take on the jazz notes 2 lesson, not that happy with it, the backing is a bit too loud compared to the guitar in my opinion and the chords weren't that convincing all the time, but I didn't have any more time for another take. after all, this was about understanding the concept of inversions smile.gif

Here's my REC take, which I do am happy with smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32971

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 2 2010, 07:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jan 2 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Hi Jerry!

Here's my take on the jazz notes 2 lesson, not that happy with it, the backing is a bit too loud compared to the guitar in my opinion and the chords weren't that convincing all the time, but I didn't have any more time for another take. after all, this was about understanding the concept of inversions smile.gif

Here's my REC take, which I do am happy with smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32971

Cheers!

Yes, it was about about understanding the concept of inversions smile.gif
I just graded your take. Good job, Lester.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 2 2010, 11:09 PM
Learning Roadie
so, what do we do now? any next assignments?
I would suggest the jazz notes 6 lesson for this months REC, then I have the whole month to practice that and I think I'm going to need it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 3 2010, 01:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Jan 2 2010, 11:09 PM) *
so, what do we do now? any next assignments?
I would suggest the jazz notes 6 lesson for this months REC, then I have the whole month to practice that and I think I'm going to need it! smile.gif

Hi Lester, please give me a little break biggrin.gif I have some flu right now and tomorrow I will have a loooooong recording session.
This month was very interesting. We have covered the JN series from 1 to 4 while you have mastered JN 5 as your monthly REC.
Thank you for finding some typos here and there, will be fixed as soon as possible.
Yeah, JN 6 sounds like a good choice for the next month.
I just need to understand if everything was fine with our MTP program - it was the first MTP month for me too. I'm closing this thread and I will wait for a feedback from the GMC staff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:11 PM