> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Benetom's 'not So Beginner' Workout Center
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif here we are, now, I'd be curious to ask, which lessons did you have in mind?

let's rock

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 5 2012, 06:11 AM
GMC:er
Hi again Cosmin !

There is so much to learn I don't know where to start hehe...I'm gonna try circle of fifths theory for a start if that is ok with you and if possible if you could explain it a bit biggrin.gif

And if you recommend me any lesson on that perhaps.

Regards, Tom

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2012, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 5 2012, 05:11 AM) *
Hi again Cosmin !

There is so much to learn I don't know where to start hehe...I'm gonna try circle of fifths theory for a start if that is ok with you and if possible if you could explain it a bit biggrin.gif

And if you recommend me any lesson on that perhaps.

Regards, Tom

Hey Tom smile.gif please take a look and let me know what you think and of course, if there are more questions - I am here wink.gif

Check it out:

1) Pick up the circle of fifths and follow the next steps:

- if you go through it clockwise, you'll notice that the notes go from 5th to 5th (C G D A E B ...)
- C major has no alterations, but they start appearing from G major onwards: G major has one #, D major has 2# and so on
- Apply the major scale formula starting from each root (w w h w w w h) and figure out ALL the major scales contained in the circle of fifths and their relative minors (inside the circle there are the relative minors for each major scale - you cna figure them out by re-arranging the notes in each major scale by simply starting the scale from the relative minor. i.e C major = C D E F G A B C/ it's relative minor Aminor= A B C D E F G A)
- use this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/ as an example of how you should harmonize ALL the scales above.
- that means you shall attach one chord to each step of a major scale after the following formula:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M m m M M m diminished M

As for ear training try the following:

- play a C note and then each note in the C major scale in turn like this - play one note than sing it than play the C note and so one
- play the C note and then JUST SING - no guitar involved - each note like above and then the C note, then another note from the C major scale

i.e. play C - play D, sing D. Play C - Play E, sing E
play C - Sing D, Play C - sing E

All the best

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 5 2012, 08:52 AM

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 5 2012, 11:37 AM
Hello Cosmin.

Ty on fast reply...I will try as you told me. Im just a bit confused where/on what can I apply then this knowledge. Time to practice I guess...I hope on today when I get home from work .

Bb,Tom

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2012, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 5 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Hello Cosmin.

Ty on fast reply...I will try as you told me. Im just a bit confused where/on what can I apply then this knowledge. Time to practice I guess...I hope on today when I get home from work .

Bb,Tom

Trust me man, it's a life saver biggrin.gif start practicing and let me know if you have any questions wink.gif almost everything we shall discuss about has a root in these notions smile.gif

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 5 2012, 12:08 PM
Deal master Cosmin !

I will put my effort and practice what you have assigned me to do.

Thanks again, Tom.

PS: Going to watch that lesson right now..akhmmm...at work wink.gif PSSSST

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 5 2012, 11:08 AM) *
Deal master Cosmin !

I will put my effort and practice what you have assigned me to do.

Thanks again, Tom.

PS: Going to watch that lesson right now..akhmmm...at work wink.gif PSSSST

Looking forward to see the results my friend wink.gif and as always, I am here if there's anything you'd like to ask for smile.gif

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 6 2012, 11:26 AM
Been practicing yesterday for 2 hours...scales,pattern boxes, alternate picking n stuff..then kids got me biggrin.gif
Today I am all into theory (at work again wink.gif )....Circle of fifths ! Now I know what I have been missing all these years biggrin.gif
Such a revelation to me. I am also reading all the theory stuff Andrew Cockburn put on GMC. Amazing and I can`t stop biggrin.gif

I will try to make a video of my playing. Gonna use Avid Xpress and Cubase 6 I think along with Nikkon D3100 DSLR. I hope it will be ok biggrin.gif

Till then..have fun master wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 6 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Looking forward to see the results my friend wink.gif and as always, I am here if there's anything you'd like to ask for smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2012, 09:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 6 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Been practicing yesterday for 2 hours...scales,pattern boxes, alternate picking n stuff..then kids got me biggrin.gif
Today I am all into theory (at work again wink.gif )....Circle of fifths ! Now I know what I have been missing all these years biggrin.gif
Such a revelation to me. I am also reading all the theory stuff Andrew Cockburn put on GMC. Amazing and I can`t stop biggrin.gif

I will try to make a video of my playing. Gonna use Avid Xpress and Cubase 6 I think along with Nikkon D3100 DSLR. I hope it will be ok biggrin.gif

Till then..have fun master wink.gif

Uh oh smile.gif seems like you have stuff to do man! Great to hear you are enjoying all of this biggrin.gif oh, can I ask smth? tongue.gif what sort of lens are you using with your Nikon? I got the D3100 too biggrin.gif thank you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 7 2012, 06:17 AM
HI Cos !

I am using 18-55 standard lens that came with the package. Good all rounder lens biggrin.gif What are you using now?
I also had 55-300 Nikkor lens for telephoto but I did not use it much so I sold it...stupid me smile.gif

I tried to make a video yesterday and it worked great. Then I tried to process it in Sony Vegas PRO 9 video editor and it worked just fine.

I will try to record el. guitar in Cubase and sync it up in Vegas. Great video editor if I might add biggrin.gif

I am at work now again and back to theory reading wink.gif

Regards from Tom.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 6 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Uh oh smile.gif seems like you have stuff to do man! Great to hear you are enjoying all of this biggrin.gif oh, can I ask smth? tongue.gif what sort of lens are you using with your Nikon? I got the D3100 too biggrin.gif thank you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 7 2012, 07:48 AM
Here is a quick test od D3100 video recording. Guitar was out of tune but I did not care. I just wanted to see if it works ok. I took a video, processed it in Vegas Pro 9 so I made it in mp4 format. And it seems video is just ok...at least when you select 480p in youtube options...

Next step is to take a rec with guitar and sync it with video...gonna try that today after work biggrin.gif

Here it is...

This post has been edited by benetom: Mar 7 2012, 07:52 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
Hey Tom, it looks very good! Now, I used a Nikon AF-S 24/70/2.8 which belongs to a the photographer working for my bands - I used this for all my lessons.

http://www.f64.ro/obiectiv-nikon-af-s-24-7...o-crystal-.html

Well, I am waiting on your take with the recorded guitar biggrin.gif

cheers

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 8 2012, 10:43 AM

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 8 2012, 10:57 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Hey Tom, it looks very good! Now, I used a Nikon AF-S 24/70/2.8 which belongs to a the photographer working for my bands - I used this for all my lessons.

http://www.f64.ro/obiectiv-nikon-af-s-24-7...o-crystal-.html

Well, I am waiting on your take with the recorded guitar biggrin.gif

cheers

Cosmin

Will do that....till then I did record audio in a rush yesterday for Gabe colab on Slash backing track....was just trying to record guitar with POD X3 live -> USB -> laptop with Mixtrack......I was just improvising with lost of mistakes as I wanted just to hear the quality of recorded guitar....

Regards TOm.

http://soundcloud.com/benetom2000/slash-my-take

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Whoaa biggrin.gif great tone mate biggrin.gif I like this! even though there were mistakes, I can feel you have a good hand! Very nice!

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 8 2012, 11:24 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Whoaa biggrin.gif great tone mate biggrin.gif I like this! even though there were mistakes, I can feel you have a good hand! Very nice!

I could play it a bit better if had a piece in house biggrin.gif...was really in a rush...2 kids around me playing...a mess biggrin.gif

Need time and piece to practice n stuff biggrin.gif I used to have a small "private" corner in old dining room...with laptop, speakers , guitar stuff.....not anymore sad.gif .. so I need time to prepare a table in dining room for my stuff every time....damn women biggrin.gif But it is ok, at least we have new kitchen and dining room now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 11:26 AM
Instructor
I can totally understand man smile.gif I am learning to cope in a relationship after many years of being alone and my egocentric nature is fighting hard alongside all my projects and busy life, but nothing can replace a woman - all I have to do is be able to find balance wink.gif

cheers to you

Cosmin

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 8 2012, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2012, 11:26 AM) *
I can totally understand man smile.gif I am learning to cope in a relationship after many years of being alone and my egocentric nature is fighting hard alongside all my projects and busy life, but nothing can replace a woman - all I have to do is be able to find balance wink.gif

cheers to you

Cosmin

So true m8 biggrin.gif Now wait to have kids..then fun starts biggrin.gif I got 3 daughters so I am surrounded by 4 of them hahahha...But I luckily love them all. Now I can`t imagine life without them. And music of course...she is my mistress biggrin.gif

regards

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 8 2012, 10:30 AM) *
So true m8 biggrin.gif Now wait to have kids..then fun starts biggrin.gif I got 3 daughters so I am surrounded by 4 of them hahahha...But I luckily love them all. Now I can`t imagine life without them. And music of course...she is my mistress biggrin.gif

regards

Hehe, well, I am trying to build up my career until life will bring other challenges smile.gif wife, kids and such .. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
benetom
Mar 9 2012, 12:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 9 2012, 09:00 AM) *
Hehe, well, I am trying to build up my career until life will bring other challenges smile.gif wife, kids and such .. tongue.gif

Thanks for yesterday`s vchat Cosmin smile.gif It was really great one. So my motivation raised a bit more hehe. Today I downloaded some cool musical apps for Iphone 4 (for learning scales, modes, intervals, ear practicing, CIrcle of fifths....and they are all interactive ). Nice little gem is this Iphone stuff biggrin.gif.

Regards, Tom

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Mar 9 2012, 11:37 AM) *
Thanks for yesterday`s vchat Cosmin smile.gif It was really great one. So my motivation raised a bit more hehe. Today I downloaded some cool musical apps for Iphone 4 (for learning scales, modes, intervals, ear practicing, CIrcle of fifths....and they are all interactive ). Nice little gem is this Iphone stuff biggrin.gif.

Regards, Tom

Hey Tom! Great to know I could help a bit biggrin.gif great man, I gotta get me one of those smartphones tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 PM