> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 21 2012, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 21 2012, 06:50 AM) *
Hey Travis! This is looking REALLY good man! I mean, it's pretty round and defined, but please take care of the unwanted noise when you are hitting some other strings too biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Oh I'm not close to being done with this jazz, I have been worried that when I started it felt awkward. As I did an hour of it, it felt more natural. So I had to do a take and post to make sure I was doing the correct movements so I wasn't creating a bad habit. And those other strings just didn't feel as loved so they are like Hey! What about me! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2012, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 21 2012, 10:05 PM) *
Oh I'm not close to being done with this jazz, I have been worried that when I started it felt awkward. As I did an hour of it, it felt more natural. So I had to do a take and post to make sure I was doing the correct movements so I wasn't creating a bad habit. And those other strings just didn't feel as loved so they are like Hey! What about me! laugh.gif

laugh.gif alright Travis! No problem dude, shoot when ready! biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 28 2012, 12:11 AM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/bens-vibrato-02-03

Alrighty Then! Been a busy few days for me. But I didn't not skip out or forget what task was at hand. I used the technique with just random playing and notes to try and see what strings give me issues. Is it a spot on the neck or string? I do believe it payed off. But I hope to say this is a big step in cleaning it up.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 11:04 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Sounds like improvement to me! Now the next step would be to incorporate the vibrato into actual playing, right? I was thinking we should go for a more melody based lesson and try to use the vibrato in it wink.gif

What do you think about this one? biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 28 2012, 11:17 AM
Why does work have to get in the way. laugh.gif

Lots of memorizing but that's great because I'm already on my 3rd loop just listening to this. Sounds amazing and way out of my typical playing area. I hope I can get a passage down tonight and I'll record it tomorrow.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 05:53 PM
Instructor
Hehe wink.gif I am curious to see what you got!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 29 2012, 02:19 AM
Ha didn't even take me as long as I thought, I got kind of hooked and my mind went into creativity mode. laugh.gif

But a day early none of the less.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-01

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Hey Travis! This is not bad at all - you skipped over the quirky bend release and slide at second 6 tongue.gif Caught you young man! biggrin.gif A bit more flow with this piece could work great, otherwise the bends seem pretty accurate smile.gif

The next part is a bit trickier I think - have you managed to get a grasp on it?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 29 2012, 02:26 PM
I listened to it after I posted all I can do is laugh. Well I used a real amp this time. That at least sounds better. The beginning needs cleaned a bit but I got that fast bend better. 2nd half trickier you say? I think I literally killed it, but hey my timing with backing is getting better! laugh.gif

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-02

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2012, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Travis, you're slowly getting there man smile.gif This piece has a lot of nuances in it but let's get the timing flowing first, k?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 30 2012, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 30 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Travis, you're slowly getting there man smile.gif This piece has a lot of nuances in it but let's get the timing flowing first, k?

I actually spent some time when I got off work today, just kicked back and listened to it. I started to notice the bend up, hold, pluck, bend downs in it. I just gave it a good hour practice just now starting to sound more like yours. How do you keep the string noise to a minimum? Do you pretty much use your hand to mute the rest of the strings that aren't apart of the bend?

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 1 2012, 02:38 AM
I played until my fingers hurt from pushing and bending so much but I got another recording. That 2nd part where I stopped is a pain!

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-03

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2012, 07:32 AM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif my friend - there are a couple of spots where you have to focus a bit more - the recurring bends such as the one at second 6 - the timing is a bit wrong - the bended notes are supposed to have a triplet feel - listen to the original recording and try to see how that bend is played. The bend at 0.31 is a bit under the tone smile.gif otherwise I think you're getting there. I know it hurts but let's try again having the above things in mind.

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 1 2012, 02:21 PM
Take 4! My attempt before heading out to the gym. How you put it as a triplet feel that really clicked in what I was doing wrong.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-04

I'm rather amazed at seeing progress I saved all of these so far and each one does get better, minus I can't for the life of me get that nice creamy tone you have.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Travis, you're gettin better man biggrin.gif now the note duration is the focus when doing those quirky bends smile.gif I suggest you try and record a take over the original and try to match my exact take so that you may grasp those tricky notes wink.gif

About the tone, hmmmmm, maybe the Mesa Boogie is not the most suitable for this sort of stuff, although I think it's time for you to become conscious about what your HANDS can do to the tone wink.gif did you know that you can transform a not so great tone in a pretty good one if you know how to give it dynamics from your hands?

Try to feel the way that the tone is textured and mimic it while recording, focusing on small portions of the original take and trying to catch the subtle frequencies smile.gif

I am driving you bananas, right?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 2 2012, 03:40 PM
I have to do some grocery shopping here now, but when I return I will buckle down some practice time playing along with you, see where that gets me. Hope to have another post in a few hours.

Oh I know tone does play a part in the fingers as well. Because I have gone back and looked at some of my old videos of my playing. Tho I've gotten better equipment as far as cameras, guitars, amps, everything. I notice my playing has changed a lot in how I do things, sound wise. Even since I've done this mentoring program my playing is drastically improved on all levels.

And I've only used the Mesa once for recording your lesson. laugh.gif I actually don't care much for the speakers in my cab. Want to put (2) V-30s in the cab to give it a more dynamic range. I actually use the free software that Brett was talking about where you can use impulses and such. I need to just sit down and play with Guitar Rig and build something ground up for this lesson.

Yeah, I know I need to be more emotional. I've always just played to play kind of like a robot. In the last few years that has changed, I don't know how to explain it. it'd just that my guitar is starting to feel like it is apart of my way of life and I want her to do more than just a simple beat but to express and talk as well. I know GMC understands that passion thus this lesson in my eyes is very passionate, you have this sense of just getting on a level of playing where you look like you leave and tell a great love story with words of sound. That's why I'm actually enjoying this lesson because I'm starting to feel more with my playing seeing as it's developing.

My other song that I see a story is Aunt Suzie by Buckethead. It sounds like he had a childhood growing up with a very loving and caring person. Then when the distortion kicks in it's almost like he's angry as if something happened and there was nothing that could be done. Then at the end it calms down and feels as if he was sad.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2012, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Travis! I am glad that you are discovering yourself and your potential through the aid of this mentoring program man smile.gif I am here when you're ready! It's time to get rid if the robot, k? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 4 2012, 11:48 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-05
Playing with your file helped still needs a lot of work but at least I felt better about recording that half in a take.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/knockin
Just a little fiddling, doubt I'm in time! laugh.gif But quite an improvement from years ago when I tried this sort of work.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Hey Travis! Well, on the first recording you are still a little bit away from nailing all the subtleties, so my best advice would be to listen to everything once again and try to get all the bends into shape! THAT makes the difference mate!

Regarding the second take - is it an improvisation over the 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' harmonies, or is it the original solo? It doesn't sound bad at all!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 6 2012, 02:34 AM

Posting a reply before I buckle down into some practice time. Yes thats an improvisation on Knockin on Heaven's Door. I take a shot every so often with it to see where my playing is, plus with my newly worked on vibrato/bending I've been doing it has cleaned up a lot.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:10 PM