Something Traditional...
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2011, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I thought that it would be fun to post here something traditional from our countries...

I can drink "Mate" all day...

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 13 2011, 07:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What is that Gab? Looks like some kind of tea?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jul 13 2011, 08:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 13 2011, 08:30 PM
GMC:er
Nothing like a good "Cozido à Portuguesa" : D

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2011, 12:38 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Gotta love a good burger smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2011, 12:39 AM
Here is a little something special from the "BlueGrass" state. The home of Bourbon Whiskey and really fast race horses. Kentucky.

Bourbon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_County,_Kentucky

And a fine example of same. Not a snooty, sippin bourbon to be sure. But well made, high proof and authentic.

Rebel Yell Bourbon
Attached Image

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 14 2011, 02:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
That tea looks delicious. smile.gif

Hm. Norway is poor on traditions, this is the first that came to my mind.
No, I never tasted this, even though I've had plenty the oppertunity. laugh.gif
http://home.online.no/~bjuk/mat/smalahove.jpg <- link, as some people might not want to see it.

Ah, I just thought of another one. My favourite smile.gif We eat it two times a year - christmas and new years eve.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jul 14 2011, 02:54 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 14 2011, 02:50 AM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jul 14 2011, 02:44 AM) *
That tea looks delicious. smile.gif

Hm. Norway is poor on traditions, this is the first that came to my mind.
No, I never tasted this, even though I've had plenty the oppertunity. laugh.gif
http://home.online.no/~bjuk/mat/smalahove.jpg <- link, as some people might not want to see it.

like a megadeth's song says "I Thought I Knew It All" ph34r.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 14 2011, 02:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 14 2011, 03:50 AM) *
like a megadeth's song says "I Thought I Knew It All" ph34r.gif

Apparantely the eyes are the best laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2011, 04:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 13 2011, 03:41 PM) *
What is that Gab? Looks like some kind of tea?

yeah, it an infused drink similar to tea... check this wiki explanation:

Mate (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈmate]), also known as chimarrão (Portuguese: [ʃimaˈhɐ̃w̃]) or cimarrón, is a traditional South American infused drink, particularly in Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, southern states of Brazil, south of Chile, the Bolivian Chaco, and to some extent, Syria and Lebanon. It is prepared from steeping dried leaves of yerba mate (llex paraguariensis, known in Portuguese as erva mate) in hot water.
Mate is served with a metal straw from a shared hollow calabash gourd. The straw is called a bombilla in some Latin American countries, a bomba in Portuguese, and a bombija or in general a masassa (type of straw) in Arabic. The straw is traditionally made of silver. Modern commercially available straws are typically made of nickel silver, called Alpaca, stainless steel, or hollow-stemmed cane. The gourd is known as a mate or a guampa, while in Brazil it has the specific name of cuia. Even if the water comes in a very modern thermos, the infusion is traditionally drunk from mates or cuias.

Link to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jul 13 2011, 04:21 PM) *

wink.gif

ohmy.gif lots of vodka bottles!!

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 13 2011, 04:30 PM) *

I'm not sure if it's the same but I love when the food is done "a la portuguesa" here in Argentina...

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 13 2011, 08:38 PM) *

Gotta love a good burger smile.gif

Maybe it's a silly question but.. St. Petersburg is related to hamburger? unsure.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 14 2011, 07:41 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, in the part of Germany I live in, we have this traditional food called "Töttchen" (yeah, I'd really like to hear you you guys try to say it wink.gif ). In the past, it was called "poor people's food" and it consisted of brain, lungs, liver, tongue from cattle. Nowadays they simply use beef...it doesn't look very delicious, and personally, I dön't really like it laugh.gif
Hm, I could think of so many other specialities from other german regions, but let's leave it at that...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2011, 07:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 14 2011, 03:41 AM) *
Well, in the part of Germany I live in, we have this traditional food called "Töttchen" (yeah, I'd really like to hear you you guys try to say it wink.gif ). In the past, it was called "poor people's food" and it consisted of brain, lungs, liver, tongue from cattle. Nowadays they simply use beef...it doesn't look very delicious, and personally, I dön't really like it laugh.gif
Hm, I could think of so many other specialities from other german regions, but let's leave it at that...

hahah it doesn't look so good... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2011, 05:03 PM
Instructor
This thingie is made in Romania and it's uber genuine biggrin.gif this weekend's Mozart Rocks! show will be held in Transylvania where these things are a specialty biggrin.gif

it's actually pork lard, onions, bread and cheese, augmented by a form of white brandy that has about 60-70% alcohol biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 13 2011, 07:30 PM) *

I love Portuguese food biggrin.gif I've been to Lisbon and Estoril back in 2003 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2011, 07:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 14 2011, 01:03 PM) *
This thingie is made in Romania and it's uber genuine biggrin.gif this weekend's Mozart Rocks! show will be held in Transylvania where these things are a specialty biggrin.gif

it's actually pork lard, onions, bread and cheese, augmented by a form of white brandy that has about 60-70% alcohol biggrin.gif

It looks great!! Transylvania!! the place where Dracula lives... ohmy.gif My grandfather lived near from the castle and he used to tell me the real story in which the myth is based...

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 14 2011, 07:30 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2011, 07:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 14 2011, 06:29 PM) *
It looks great!! Transylvania!! the place where Dracula lives... ohmy.gif My grandfather lived near from the castle and he used to tell me the real story in which the myth is based...

Mate! You really do have to come visit biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2011, 07:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 14 2011, 03:54 PM) *
Mate! You really do have to come visit biggrin.gif

I know! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 15 2011, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Love the taste of a good (and old) honey brendy smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:38 PM