> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
ElHombre
Aug 16 2012, 11:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
hows it going cosmin wink.gif Im thinking of joining the pop collab with a synth sound i created tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2012, 11:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 16 2012, 10:26 AM) *
hows it going cosmin wink.gif Im thinking of joining the pop collab with a synth sound i created tongue.gif

Hey Erik, by all means! Please do biggrin.gif

How are you mate, how's practicing? I guess you have you been away on holidays, as I haven't seen you around lately smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 18 2012, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
nope no summer holidays for me wink.gif But im going to balkan in the autumn my girl got family relatives there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 18 2012, 04:16 PM) *
nope no summer holidays for me wink.gif But im going to balkan in the autumn my girl got family relatives there smile.gif

What do you mean balkan? Does that mean, close to Romania? smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 19 2012, 05:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
croatia to be precise wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Oh, close, but not close enough sad.gif

So, today is the last day for the collab entries, will you be joining, Erik? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 20 2012, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes im gonna record today, cause today is finally rain day and the temperature will drop smile.gif
I didnt thought that romania was so deep down south and close to balkan wink.gif I might visit Belgrade to but its also a bit away from bucharest, if bucharest would have been in east romania we could have had a jam haha biggrin.gif

Btw, I am learning this now, working on the riff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzfGT9jcTM
I will record myself playing the riff, so you can say how accurate I am wink.gif

Okay, this one I am really going to learn and record a video, I wont learn it halfway, no more of that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 20 2012, 12:54 PM) *
Yes im gonna record today, cause today is finally rain day and the temperature will drop smile.gif
I didnt thought that romania was so deep down south and close to balkan wink.gif I might visit Belgrade to but its also a bit away from bucharest, if bucharest would have been in east romania we could have had a jam haha biggrin.gif

Btw, I am learning this now, working on the riff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzfGT9jcTM
I will record myself playing the riff, so you can say how accurate I am wink.gif

Okay, this one I am really going to learn and record a video, I wont learn it halfway, no more of that smile.gif

Oh Serbia smile.gif well, pretty close but unfortunately not close enough sad.gif

How hot is it in there? In Romania, the temperature is just perfect right now - I can play guitar and not sweat like a pig anymore laugh.gif

Looking forward to see the riff recorded wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 24 2012, 09:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi there cosmin, Im at the european dragrace championship, and I have just witnessed a new world record wink.gif
Anyway I am almost done with the riff, and I am trying to figure out the key.

First I thought E minor, the riff is not dropped, and starts on the E, and has a F# and a C# in it. And no G#...
But then it uses a B, and a Bb! (or A#). So it must be some phrygian dominant?
I am not so familiar with those scales, except for E phrygian dominant which I used in the Djent Collab.

I know the song got phyrigan dominant in it in the melodic playing, but I dont know about the riff smile.gif

Good day to you wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2012, 11:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 24 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Hi there cosmin, Im at the european dragrace championship, and I have just witnessed a new world record wink.gif
Anyway I am almost done with the riff, and I am trying to figure out the key.

First I thought E minor, the riff is not dropped, and starts on the E, and has a F# and a C# in it. And no G#...
But then it uses a B, and a Bb! (or A#). So it must be some phrygian dominant?
I am not so familiar with those scales, except for E phrygian dominant which I used in the Djent Collab.

I know the song got phyrigan dominant in it in the melodic playing, but I dont know about the riff smile.gif

Good day to you wink.gif

Seems more like B harmonic minor to me smile.gif I checked all the notes in the riff and it's most likely like that - Marco starts from E - so it's actually a mode of the harmonic minor biggrin.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 31 2012, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
A little recording of the riff wink.gif
Just quick played with no metronome or backing track. I play full speed until the ending riff variation (when drums come in).
Then I play it slow, Since I didnt get it right! three notes I cannot find! The first palm muted ones are wrong! they sound right but wrong in the slowdowner and when I play along!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  thereshoperiff.mp3 ( 649.39K ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Mate - first - the tone is incredibly accurate biggrin.gif I have listened for several times but I don't think there's anything wrong with the notes that you have picked up by ear. What I would like you to do:

Please record the whole phrase at a slow tempo backed by a metronome - the speed should match the highest tempo at which you can play that last passage at. The last note is a pinch harmonic in the original recording and that might be one of the reasons why you think that it sounds wrong in the way you sorted it out?

Let me know wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 3 2012, 08:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
forgot to mention, I made a deal for an Axe FX ultra wink.gif
I got it at a good price too, a very good investment for me smile.gif

It doesnt have the tone match like Axe FX II. It modifies your cabinet so that you can get the same tone.
So I know what amp marco uses, and I asked a guy with a FX II to caputre the tone, I got the settings, then I had to do some tweaking on my cabinet and got really close smile.gif

I just have some problem getting a good lead tone, some wah in there right?
Here is some playing, got the main riff corrected know and started working on the lead smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ErikThereshope.mp3 ( 985.3K ) Number of downloads: 113

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2012, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik, sounds like a sweet deal mate!

The riff is almost as clean as it should be, but watch out on the leads mate - timing as a bit faulty and some bends are a bit off, but enough to be perceivable.

Try playing all of this slower and PERFECT - send me as many takes as you wish, ok? I'd love to be able to boast with you being able to play this tune wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 5 2012, 05:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
yes I will need to pratice in a slow tempo wink.gif it also went a bit better after sleeping on what i learned wink.gif Im at the legato lick now, I got all notes in there but I think its played a bit different from how I play it.

the goal is to finish it before winter, I planned to play it on a winter concert on a music school, and also open up a new youtube channel with it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 5 2012, 08:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
sorted the lick legato out wink.gif what a nice lick. There is a hard descending lick later, and not to forget, the madness part sad.gif which also is the best part of the song!: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzfGT9jcTM
2:09 2:35

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Well up to 2.22 this sounds like Satriani and Petrucci are jamming together tongue.gif Legato and AP so well separated biggrin.gif In my opinion, the part starting at 2.22 is more difficult, because of the way the formula is constructed. Pay more attention to it and see that you get a good grasp on its pulse - the accents will count A LOT!

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 5 2012, 04:05 PM) *
yes I will need to pratice in a slow tempo wink.gif it also went a bit better after sleeping on what i learned wink.gif Im at the legato lick now, I got all notes in there but I think its played a bit different from how I play it.

the goal is to finish it before winter, I planned to play it on a winter concert on a music school, and also open up a new youtube channel with it smile.gif

I think it's doable - but you have to make this your very serious goal! Honestly! Strive fight and bleed for it!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 10 2012, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is a lick that is done in the song before the verse starts again.
I found it familiary, and its a typical "excercise" pattern he uses wink.gif But its got intresting note choices, so it sound cool, first I fought it was just EVH picking, you know, picking several times one a note playing in a scale, but its more complex smile.gif

High E----(15----12----14---15--14---12)--x4----18----14---15--18--15---14 (x2)---19---15---18----19--18---15--(x2)--23

I remeber doing this patterns with a metronome while back xD, now I got to do it again

Attached File(s)
Attached File  untitled22222.mp3 ( 257.55K ) Number of downloads: 88

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 07:59 AM
Instructor
Aaaaah biggrin.gif More like the Petrucci type of lick wink.gif

Make sure you practice it with a metronome mate, it sounded a little shaky in this recording, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 11 2012, 08:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes of course smile.gif

Regarding the theory work its going well. Still some work to Do to get around every mode in every scale.
But what should've deal with now? Arpeggios? I am familiar with some major and minor shapes, but there is more to learn wink.gif
What do you say?

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:41 PM