10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
**Want To Be A Band Member**, register here
Zephyr
Dec 15 2007, 01:32 AM
GMC:er
This sounds interesting, at the moment the only recording software I have working is Audacity, and it has issues... Pro Tools still isn't up and running yet!!! Any recommendations for recording? Not just for this, just advice in general would be nice, free software only, please, already have Pro Tools, I just need a temporary solution until I get it running!

Anyways, if I do wind up being able to do this, it sounds like a lot of fun! I think I'm somewhere around an intermediate level, I play mostly lead stuff, I think I'm pretty terrible at rhythm stuff, but I'm working on it! I love to play Vai/Satch kind of stuff, but I have a very wide range in music! I like just about anything except rap, heavy metal/hardcore/screamo/all that kind of stuff, and the modern pop/pop rock kind of bands.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Dec 15 2007, 01:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 15 2007, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 15 2007, 12:30 AM) *
i would really like to be a member of a beginner band but i have no clue about recording or making up songs so if i can get lots of help i can try.....

i play both guitar and keyboard

Excellent m8, 2 beginer bands started, please have a read in the forum, Small Dragons & Cover Bangas, register your interest on what one you`d like and the Band Leader will take it from there, thanks biggrin.gif

Zepher, let me know when you can record and if theres a band you fancy joining or starting(?) then I`ll add you on, thanks biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 15 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah I wanna be a member!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 15 2007, 11:26 AM
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 15 2007, 10:04 AM) *
Yeah I wanna be a member!

biggrin.gif I got you down as a Band Leader david, please see the register band thread, thanks mate biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 15 2007, 04:17 PM
i would like to be either bass or guitar

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 15 2007, 04:22 PM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Dec 15 2007, 03:17 PM) *
i would like to be either bass or guitar

Excellent m8, check the VB`s boards for available bands and slots, speak with the "Band Leaders" if you wish to join, if they are full you can be added onto a rota for the next song wink.gif thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 15 2007, 07:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah count me in for the virtual band.

As for my ability I think it lies in the early intermediate stage. As for styles I like rock, blues, funk, heavy rock. I like jazz but my theory and technique needs improving and for heavy metal and thrash my technique definitley needs some work, (I suppose you could say I'm a jack-of -all trades but a master of none unsure.gif ).

I currently use Riffworks for recording and looking forward to the arrival of my Podxt as my indulgance for Xmas cool.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 15 2007, 07:57 PM
Great crazyfret! I will add you to "Go for Broke"s rota and will contact you when we start work on the next song, hopefully wont be to far down the road wink.gif thank you m8! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 15 2007, 08:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Check out the Moaning Lisa thread for anyone looking for a beginner rock-alt rock band smile.gif

Currently looking for a rhythm and two lead guitarists!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 16 2007, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 15 2007, 08:23 PM) *
Check out the Moaning Lisa thread for anyone looking for a beginner rock-alt rock band smile.gif

Currently looking for a rhythm and two lead guitarists!

I can go as guitarist, would prefer doing rythm becouse my recording skills aynt that great, but i have Pod X3 and cubase. As soon as i get a mic i can, if needed to, do vocals.

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 16 2007, 10:00 PM
QUOTE (AudunESP @ Dec 16 2007, 07:17 PM) *
I can go as guitarist, would prefer doing rythm becouse my recording skills aynt that great, but i have Pod X3 and cubase. As soon as i get a mic i can, if needed to, do vocals.

Yay! Excellent m8, welcome aboard, liase with JVM (your Band Leader) for all info cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Dec 16 2007, 10:05 PM
I wanna be a member! Im in if theres an opening.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 16 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Dec 16 2007, 09:05 PM) *
I wanna be a member! Im in if theres an opening.

Hey USAMAN biggrin.gif

five bands running for the moment, what level are you looking for beginner, Intermediate or advanced? also Style you are looking for

basically we have 5 rock bands going (sorry to generalise peeps) 3 beginner bands, one intermediate and one intermediate to advanced., 2 beginner bands are now full the intermediate is full so places in advanced and beginer

If theres a different style you`d like ie blues, jazz etc then a possibility to start one of your own if you wish?

Cheers
Chris

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 16 2007, 10:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 16 2007, 10:59 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Don't know how to class me so I'll say beginner...
Style: Synfonic Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal... (from Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, etc...)
Play Guitar xD

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 16 2007, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Dec 16 2007, 09:59 PM) *
Don't know how to class me so I'll say beginner...
Style: Synfonic Metal, Power Metal, Death Metal... (from Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, etc...)
Play Guitar xD

Great m8, we have 3 beginner bands at the moment, two are full (Small Dragons & Cover Bangas) and one is still awaiting more members (Moaning Lisa), have a read up on the bands threads and see which you`d prefer, although they may not be doing any Power Metal/Death Metal atm as with any band you usually have to do songs that arnt exactly what you`d ideally be playing but I think it`ll be a good experience none the less to join up wink.gif if you wish to join Moaning Lisa then please contact JVM for info, if you prefer the other two then I will place you on a band rota for the next song, let me now and thanks biggrin.gif have a read of their threads
Cheers biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 16 2007, 11:22 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks, for the moment, I will contact JVM...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 16 2007, 11:25 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Dec 16 2007, 10:22 PM) *
Thanks, for the moment, I will contact JVM...

Excellent! thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 06:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Well, the smashing pumpkins can get pretty metal sometimes so perhaps we'll do a song of theirs sometime smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 17 2007, 12:32 PM
Learning Roadie
i'd like to join a VB.
I can play keyboard (a little bit)
i'd say im a begginer/intermediate guitarist (more begginer latly)
i have cubase sx3, a POD X3, EZdrummer.
ive also been told i can sing like chad kroger (not sure if thats how u spell it) so i guess i could do some vocals too.

if needed i could probably start a band but i noticed that the max is 5 at the moment.

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Dec 17 2007, 12:52 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 17 2007, 11:32 AM) *
i'd like to join a VB.
I can play keyboard (a little bit)
i'd say im a begginer/intermediate guitarist (more begginer latly)
i have cubase sx3, a POD X3, EZdrummer.
ive also been told i can sing like chad kroger (not sure if thats how u spell it) so i guess i could do some vocals too.

if needed i could probably start a band but i noticed that the max is 5 at the moment.

Cheers for signing up muntahunta, I think theres some room in JVM`s band, if you`d like to contact him directly m8, that`d be gr8! smile.gif at the moment I`ve only got a couple of people on the rota`s (waiting if you like) if I get lots more then maybe you guys could start a new band, in the meantime, try JVM`s Moaning Lisa group smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 17 2007, 01:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:20 AM