8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Whitesnake Christmas, New Video Collab !
Nava
Dec 12 2013, 08:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I will be in on this one, who can resist Whitesnake wink.gif

And gregc1, that was simply amazing!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 12 2013, 08:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Dec 12 2013, 07:36 PM) *
I will be in on this one, who can resist Whitesnake wink.gif

Exactly, nobody can resist a bit of the 'Snake !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 12 2013, 10:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Insidious @ Dec 11 2013, 08:22 PM) *
I would like to join this collaboration. I have never done one before so this would be a first for me. Matter of fact I never tried to write my on melodies before, so this is all new to me. Just thought I should get more involved. I hope I did everything right!

Well that's a very nice take indeed, dude. Sounded really good.

All the cool kids seem to 'pop their collab cherry' with Mr Higgins biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Insidious
Dec 13 2013, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 12 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Well that's a very nice take indeed, dude. Sounded really good. All the cool kids seem to 'pop their collab cherry' with Mr Higgins biggrin.gif

Thanks bleez, it's nice to get a compliment. It means a lot.

Mr. Higgins made it easy to understand how to approach the process, he laid out the foundation well.
Thanks to Doug Lane too, for tabbing out the backing track. That helped me a lot too.

--------------------
"Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice."

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2013, 08:06 AM
GMC:er
Here is my take with the backing. Files to follow smile.gif

*KEY 80's Whitesnake Moments
1.)Set up the "Melody through line" straight away
2.)Adding a Harmony to the tapping lick
3.)Overlayed Harmonics
4.)Increased complexity to a climax four note tapping bit.

In short, pretty much TEXTBOOK 80's Power Ballad Cheese!!!!! smile.gif And some of the most fun I've had crafting a solo!

We talked about all this in two full vid chat sessions so hopefully it all made sense during the lesson and hopefully encourages folks to join in!

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/todd-with-backing-whitesnake

SOLO ONLY FILE
Attached File  Todd_NO_Backing_Whitesnake_Xmas_Collab_.mp3 ( 1.54MB ) Number of downloads: 157

P.S. TONE CONTROLS:
I used, quite simply, direct recording and the DEVIN TOWNSEND EPIC SOLO preset from "Guitar Gods" expansion pack on EZ MIX 2.

It's so staggeringly simple to decent tone these days! Gotta love it smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 13 2013, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2013, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 13 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Here is my take with the backing. Files to follow smile.gif

Wow, T-Meister ! That's gotta be my fave ever solo from you - the tone is gorgeous and the melodies are perfecto !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Insidious
Dec 13 2013, 02:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 13 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Here is my take with the backing. Files to follow smile.gif *KEY 80's Whitesnake Moments 1.)Set up the "Melody through line" straight away 2.)Adding a Harmony to the tapping lick 3.)Overlayed Harmonics 4.)Increased complexity to a climax four note tapping bit. In short, pretty much TEXTBOOK 80's Power Ballad Cheese!!!!! smile.gif And some of the most fun I've had crafting a solo! We talked about all this in two full vid chat sessions so hopefully it all made sense during the lesson and hopefully encourages folks to join in! https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/todd-with-backing-whitesnake SOLO ONLY FILE Attached File  Todd_NO_Backing_Whitesnake_Xmas_Collab_.mp3 ( 1.54MB ) Number of downloads: 157
P.S. TONE CONTROLS: I used, quite simply, direct recording and the DEVIN TOWNSEND EPIC SOLO preset from "Guitar Gods" expansion pack on EZ MIX 2. It's so staggeringly simple to decent tone these days! Gotta love it smile.gif Todd

WoW, that was AWASOME! I need to find the time to attend your chats again.

--------------------
"Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice."

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 13 2013, 03:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank you WeePee and Nava, much appreciated.

Todd, damn dude, that was awesome! Love the tone and I really like the liquid feel you and WeePee have in your solos. That tapping bit was phenomenal too.

QUOTE (Insidious @ Dec 12 2013, 11:53 PM) *
Thanks bleez, it's nice to get a compliment. It means a lot.

Mr. Higgins made it easy to understand how to approach the process, he laid out the foundation well.
Thanks to Doug Lane too, for tabbing out the backing track. That helped me a lot too.

It was a great take man, congrats on your first collab! How did you like coming up with your own melodies? I know you mentioned this was your first time doing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Insidious
Dec 13 2013, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 13 2013, 08:20 AM) *
It was a great take man, congrats on your first collab! How did you like coming up with your own melodies? I know you mentioned this was your first time doing it.

Thanks Bro, it was very fun, I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like, it was to short. I just wanted to keep playing. After hearing some of the other takes like WeePee's sweet harmonies, your tap harmonics and Tod's awesomeness. The ideas are just flowing now. I can't wait to here more takes form people.

This post has been edited by Insidious: Dec 13 2013, 04:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 13 2013, 04:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Insidious @ Dec 13 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Thanks Bro, it was very fun, I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like, it was to short. I just wanted to keep playing. After hearing some of the other takes like WeePee's sweet harmonies your tap harmonics and Tod's awesomeness. The ideas are just flowing now. I can't wait to here more takes form people.

Haha that's awesome man. I hear licks or techniques on this site all the time that I want to try and work into a Collab take. The tap harmonic idea came from Sinisa's Harmonic Tapping lesson he did not too long ago. I'm not applying it like he did in the lesson but that's where the idea to use some form of tapped harmonics came from. Also, I've been on a 1/2 bend kick here lately stemming from Ben's last couple lessons (Bending From the Outside & Targeting the Chord).

This post has been edited by gregc1: Dec 13 2013, 04:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Dec 13 2013, 06:29 PM
No divebomb 'cause my Strat has no whammy!

+Quote Post
Insidious
Dec 13 2013, 07:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 13 2013, 11:29 AM) *

Nice take man, I really enjoyed that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2013, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 13 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Just collected this from Youtube. Brilliant tapping licks in this -great work cool.gif

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Dec 13 2013, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 13 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Just collected this from Youtube. Brilliant tapping licks in this -great work cool.gif

Thank you, Knight of Metal.

QUOTE (Insidious @ Dec 13 2013, 06:04 PM) *
Nice take man, I really enjoyed that!

Thanks, Insidious. It's awesome to hear from fellow guitar players.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2013, 08:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 13 2013, 06:37 PM) *
Thank you, Knight of Metal.

laugh.gif

I like that title ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 13 2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks!!! smile.gif Glad you like it! I focused a lot more on the melody construction and building around it than per usual going blitzkrieg on it smile.gif

Those licks are part of LESSON 238 and LESSON 239 for reference and the tablature is in the notes!

http://bit.ly/gmclesson238

http://bit.ly/gmclesson239

The tone is a one click patch from EZ MIX 2/Gutar Gods Expansion Pack. I really dig it for solo work, it's a DEVIN TOWNSEND patch called EPIC SOLO smile.gif If one is working quickly, or on a portable system, or just wants to get to recording and skip the tweaking phase, this package delivers. You can't really tweak it much, but for just getting straight to recording before one loses the ideas at hand, it's great.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 13 2013, 04:20 AM) *
Wow, T-Meister ! That's gotta be my fave ever solo from you - the tone is gorgeous and the melodies are perfecto !! smile.gif

Your always welcome! smile.gif The more the merrier. It's a blast when the room is packed with folks!

QUOTE (Insidious @ Dec 13 2013, 08:52 AM) *
WoW, that was AWASOME! I need to find the time to attend your chats again.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2013, 05:11 AM
The spiff folks @ Pro Tone Pedals ( I used the pro tone "Bulb Deluxe" when I recorded my solo for this collab) were awful nice and shared my solo for this collab on their facebook page!!! And one of our fellow GMCers shared his solo in the comments section. This collab is BLOWING UP GLOBAL!!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2013, 10:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 14 2013, 04:11 AM) *
The spiff folks @ Pro Tone Pedals ( I used the pro tone "Bulb Deluxe" when I recorded my solo for this collab) were awful nice and shared my solo for this collab on their facebook page!!! And one of our fellow GMCers shared his solo in the comments section. This collab is BLOWING UP GLOBAL!!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

How cool is that ?? smile.gif

We'll have to share the final collab video with them !

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 14 2013, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Dec 13 2013, 06:29 PM) *

Firstly u heated us with your promise of whammy bar bombing , and now it's all gone, you've dissapointed me ,man tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Insidious
Dec 14 2013, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Ben, here is my take without the video graphics. Just in case you would rather have a cleaner looking video to use instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5rkPVC8mmA...KWSUzG_Oh-IdqrA

This post has been edited by Insidious: Dec 14 2013, 09:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:28 AM