2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Nihilist1's Bootcamp, Abandon All Hope, All Ye Who Enter!
Nihilist1
Jun 24 2012, 09:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jun 6 2012, 03:38 AM) *
My bad, hahaha. I really messed that one up. When I tabbed everything out, I did it with normal scale shapes in mind. I will be sure to fix this issue and post the video soon. Thank you, sir!

I am sorry that this took so long! I have not been feeling well for some time now and I took quite a few days off from playing guitar. I am back and I hope that all will be well for some time. Here is Bootcamp #2: Redux

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2012, 01:38 AM
GMC:er
Well fought Soldier! You just LEVELED UP! Nice guitar! Is that new? Schector 6?

MEDAL OF HONOR
-Good Precision
-Clean Strikes
-Spiff Speed

Attached Image

On to the next fight Soldier!

Todd

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jun 24 2012, 04:02 PM) *
I am sorry that this took so long! I have not been feeling well for some time now and I took quite a few days off from playing guitar. I am back and I hope that all will be well for some time. Here is Bootcamp #2: Redux

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 27 2012, 01:39 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 27 2012, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Well fought Soldier! You just LEVELED UP! Nice guitar! Is that new? Schector 6?

MEDAL OF HONOR
-Good Precision
-Clean Strikes
-Spiff Speed

Attached Image

On to the next fight Soldier!

Todd

That is my Schecter Damien 6 FR. It is my go to metal guitar. It was the first Electric I ever purchased. I have had it for about 4.5 years now. I will be getting a new guitar before the year closes out, though.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinexit22p.htm

Surprisingly, it is a great metal guitar, and I am a huge fan of the natural mahogany look. John Haughm from Agalloch uses this guitar consistently up until 'Marrow of the Spirit'.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 29 2012, 06:04 AM
I am having a lot of trouble with this one. My mind keeps processing the shapes as triplets -- even though I know they are quadruplets.

I can play it flawlessly, but I cannot play and count at the same time -- which is my goal. Any tips?

Thanks Todd,

Brandon

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2012, 03:39 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jun 29 2012, 01:04 AM) *
I am having a lot of trouble with this one. My mind keeps processing the shapes as triplets -- even though I know they are quadruplets.

I can play it flawlessly, but I cannot play and count at the same time -- which is my goal. Any tips?

Thanks Todd,

Brandon

I'd say reduce the speed by quite a bit. Bang your head or stomp your feet to keep time until you find the groove and can do it without thinking. Once you lock in to it, speed will almost happen by itself. Well, by itself with considerable practice smile.gif Your hands may be getting ahead of themselves which is natural. They can move faster than the commands can get to them. So sometimes you have to restrain them.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 30 2012, 04:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 30 2012, 02:39 AM) *
I'd say reduce the speed by quite a bit. Bang your head or stomp your feet to keep time until you find the groove and can do it without thinking. Once you lock in to it, speed will almost happen by itself. Well, by itself with considerable practice smile.gif Your hands may be getting ahead of themselves which is natural. They can move faster than the commands can get to them. So sometimes you have to restrain them.

Thanks! I will keep attempting this lesson until I get it! I stopped trying to play altogether today and just counted it whilst watching the shapes. After that I used my left hand and counted until I was able to get it right multiple times in succession. Then I did the same thing with my right hand. I will keep doing this and then synchronise everything soon.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2012, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Thanks! I will keep attempting this lesson until I get it! I stopped trying to play altogether today and just counted it whilst watching the shapes. After that I used my left hand and counted until I was able to get it right multiple times in succession. Then I did the same thing with my right hand. I will keep doing this and then synchronise everything soon.

Thanks for the help.

Anytime smile.gif You are kicking butt on these! Keep KRANKING!

Todd

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:54 PM