> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Buckethead Style Collab, Who is in?
Michael AC
Jun 10 2011, 03:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Do we have to be able to do video to participate? I have never worked on a collab before...Thanks!

Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2011, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jun 10 2011, 11:17 AM) *
Do we have to be able to do video to participate? I have never worked on a collab before...Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael! It is not necessary to be able to record video to participate. You have to record an audio solo over the backing and then post here two mp3 files... a first one of your solo mixed with the backing track and a second file of your solo without backing.

Here you have a thread with some "Collaborations" guidelines.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8610

It would be great if you can participate on this one! Let me know if you need more help. smile.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 10 2011, 07:31 AM) *
Just wondering, are we still using the collabs forum or will the collabs take place at the instructor's boards since the new forum structure?

The collabs will take place at the instructor's boards!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 10 2011, 04:23 PM
GMC:er
Here is my attempt at this with my widdly widdly wah! laugh.gif

[attachment=23797:Spase_Bu...b_WithBT.mp3]
[attachment=23798:Spase_Bu...ithoutBT.mp3]

- Travis S.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jun 10 2011, 07:00 PM
Do I need to only use the scales that you mentioned for this?

Not that I am thinking of any others at the moment. LOL....

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 10 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Hi Michael! It is not necessary to be able to record video to participate. You have to record an audio solo over the backing and then post here two mp3 files... a first one of your solo mixed with the backing track and a second file of your solo without backing.

Here you have a thread with some "Collaborations" guidelines.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8610

It would be great if you can participate on this one! Let me know if you need more help. smile.gif

The collabs will take place at the instructor's boards!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2011, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Thanks SpaseMonkey for your take! I'll give you my feedback when I post the final mix!

QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jun 10 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Do I need to only use the scales that you mentioned for this?

Not that I am thinking of any others at the moment. LOL....

You can use the scales that work ok for you! Those are my scales suggestions... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 05:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Gaby,

Here is my take smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jun 11 2011, 11:21 PM
Here are my files. No video.

Michael

New files are posted below....

This post has been edited by Michael AC: Jun 14 2011, 03:04 AM

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 12 2011, 02:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
What a beautiful backing track... I want in.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2011, 06:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 11 2011, 01:27 PM) *
Hey Gaby,

Here is my take smile.gif

Thanks quadrium for your take! biggrin.gif I'll post some feedback with the final mix!

QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jun 11 2011, 07:21 PM) *
Here are my files. No video.

Michael

[attachment=23810:Buckethe...elAC_Set.mp3]
[attachment=23811:Buckethe...lAC_Solo.mp3]

Hi Michael! Thanks for your take! There is something weird with mix that you posted... it seems that the tempo is a bit accelerated compared with the original backing.. do you note it?

QUOTE (zen @ Jun 11 2011, 10:49 PM) *
What a beautiful backing track... I want in.

Cool Zen!! You are welcome!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jun 13 2011, 12:41 AM
I set the BPM at 85 as I thought that is what it was. I can redo it. I can have the software detect the beats from the track and will repost.

Update: When I tested the backing track it said it was 85.03 BPM and the solo when I exported it was at 87 bpm for some reason. I will redo it as slowing it down with software made it sound worse than it really is! LOL!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2011, 01:34 AM) *
Thanks quadrium for your take! biggrin.gif I'll post some feedback with the final mix!

Hi Michael! Thanks for your take! There is something weird with mix that you posted... it seems that the tempo is a bit accelerated compared with the original backing.. do you note it?

Cool Zen!! You are welcome!!

This post has been edited by Michael AC: Jun 13 2011, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2011, 05:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jun 12 2011, 08:41 PM) *
I set the BPM at 85 as I thought that is what it was. I can redo it. I can have the software detect the beats from the track and will repost.

Update: When I tested the backing track it said it was 85.03 BPM and the solo when I exported it was at 87 bpm for some reason. I will redo it as slowing it down with software made it sound worse than it really is! LOL!

mmm that's very weird..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jun 14 2011, 03:06 AM
Ok I believe I have my error fixed. I checked both the output files and they say they are 85 bpm.

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_MichaelAC_withBacking.mp3 ( 754K ) Number of downloads: 169

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_MichaelAC_solo.mp3 ( 753.99K ) Number of downloads: 148

Michael

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2011, 04:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Jun 13 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Ok I believe I have my error fixed. I checked both the output files and they say they are 85 bpm.

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_MichaelAC_withBacking.mp3 ( 754K ) Number of downloads: 169

Attached File  Buckethead_Collab_MichaelAC_solo.mp3 ( 753.99K ) Number of downloads: 148

Michael

yeah, it seems to be working now.. thanks Michael!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Jun 15 2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds great!!!!love the mixture between melody and shred!!! gonna play around with this one alot!!!!

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2011, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Jun 15 2011, 02:22 PM) *
Sounds great!!!!love the mixture between melody and shred!!! gonna play around with this one alot!!!!

Thanks chainsbroken! I use loop a lot to jam! smile.gif You are already invited to participate on this one! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 16 2011, 02:22 AM
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

Zen shared the backing arrangement and I loved it so much I had to stop by and say hello, perhaps even participate.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Jun 16 2011, 02:57 AM
I was also wondering what the deadline would be on this

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 16 2011, 03:18 AM
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Jun 16 2011, 02:57 AM) *

28 jun i blv

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2011, 05:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jun 15 2011, 10:22 PM) *
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

Zen shared the backing arrangement and I loved it so much I had to stop by and say hello, perhaps even participate.

hey man!! It's been a long while since I saw you here for the last time! welcome back! smile.gif You are obviously invited to participate! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Jun 15 2011, 10:57 PM) *

Deadline: June 28 th (20 days)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 19 2011, 09:36 AM
Tone Seeker
Hi

Here's mine:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  bucketheadnoback.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 148
Attached File  buckethead.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 135

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:19 PM