7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Opeth.db Mtp, Uploads and Discussion
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 05:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan....So here is where I think we are with the MTP and what you should be working on:

Technique Practice:
Stick to your tabs on this and keep working on them. I'd really like to see a video of you playing all the licks at your top clean speed some time so I can see where you are at.

Kaz-box excercise:
I'm not gonna be real rigid on this with everybody but I would really like to see you get 2 up this month. It will help you start to see how you can make licks with the scales and excercises.

Lydian lesson:
I want to see a new take. Sometime this month I'd like to see a take with the alternative tapping lick. I want you to see how you can change these licks and get used to doing it yourself. I want to get together on skype sometime this week and go over a few things about your phrasing that I think will help. Also, break down the picking lick if you need to and do the Kaz-box thing with it if you are having trouble with the tempo.

Lydian collab:
For our collab this month, you and Jer and Marek are gonna solo over Muris's lydian backing for the lesson you guys have been working on. I'm gonna give you plenty of time on this. End of the month would be nice but we'll see where everybody is in a couple of weeks.
Timing:
I'd like to see an updated video of you running through 16ths, triplets, quintuplets and 16th triplets.

I think overall you are doing really well. I just want to see a video of you playing the technique licks so I can make sure you are progressing with them.

How do you feel you are progressing with the following:

Timing and using the Kaz-box?

Right and left hand muting?

The diferent techniques?
smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 9 2009, 05:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 9 2009, 06:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Kaz box is going good. I spend about 30 minutes alone on this. To me it is essential to reeally know how to count. I get it now! smile.gif

Muting is ok. Still working on it.

The different techniques I still have problems doing the one LEgato lick that is on the Highe E and B string. I can do it till about 60 BPM's and just fall apart after that. IT almost seems my pinky and ring finger just cant do it. Working on it.

Lydian Collab:That is the one Jer created the backing for right?

Lydian Lesson: I will ahve a new one up soon showing the AP in that lick I used legato. Just an oversight on my part.

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 9 2009, 12:40 PM) *
Dan....So here is where I think we are with the MTP and what you should be working on:

Technique Practice:
Stick to your tabs on this and keep working on them. I'd really like to see a video of you playing all the licks at your top clean speed some time so I can see where you are at.

Kaz-box excercise:
I'm not gonna be real rigid on this with everybody but I would really like to see you get 2 up this month. It will help you start to see how you can make licks with the scales and excercises.

Lydian lesson:
I want to see a new take. Sometime this month I'd like to see a take with the alternative tapping lick. I want you to see how you can change these licks and get used to doing it yourself. I want to get together on skype sometime this week and go over a few things about your phrasing that I think will help. Also, break down the picking lick if you need to and do the Kaz-box thing with it if you are having trouble with the tempo.

Lydian collab:
For our collab this month, you and Jer and Marek are gonna solo over Muris's lydian backing for the lesson you guys have been working on. I'm gonna give you plenty of time on this. End of the month would be nice but we'll see where everybody is in a couple of weeks.
Timing:
I'd like to see an updated video of you running through 16ths, triplets, quintuplets and 16th triplets.

I think overall you are doing really well. I just want to see a video of you playing the technique licks so I can make sure you are progressing with them.

How do you feel you are progressing with the following:

Timing and using the Kaz-box?

Right and left hand muting?

The diferent techniques?
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 06:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 9 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Kaz box is going good. I spend about 30 minutes alone on this. To me it is essential to reeally know how to count. I get it now! smile.gif

Muting is ok. Still working on it.

The different techniques I still have problems doing the one LEgato lick that is on the Highe E and B string. I can do it till about 60 BPM's and just fall apart after that. IT almost seems my pinky and ring finger just cant do it. Working on it.

Lydian Collab:That is the one Jer created the backing for right?

Lydian Lesson: I will ahve a new one up soon showing the AP in that lick I used legato. Just an oversight on my part.

Glad the importance of counting is finally kicking in. I knew it would eventually. smile.gif

The lydian collab is just the monthly solo. Whatever backing you want to use. I just want you to start writing a solo. You let me know what backing you want to use.

Can you post a video of you playing all the licks so I can see how they are going? Especailly the legato lick you are having trouble with. Is it the one that uses economy picking with just one note on the B string?

Cool on the lydian lesson. Look forward to your next post.

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 9 2009, 06:37 PM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 10 2009, 04:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan,
Here is what that tapping lick sounds like.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  lydian_beginner2.mp3 ( 786.45K ) Number of downloads: 141

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 10 2009, 05:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan.....I want you to work on this collab for Pedja. Alternate you practice routine. One day practice your GMC lessons or technique or whatever and the next day just work on this collab. I know you have a newborn etc. So if you don't practice one day or two or three no big deal. I've been there MANY times!! Think of this collab as you working on your creativity and learning your triads and arpeggios. We aren't gonna just stick to triad shapes. We are gonna put the notes on 2 strings, all on one string. We're gonna creat runs with them. I'll show you guys how to do this. I told you in the email that I didn't intend for you guys to work on collabs but this one will be really useful. It is a classroom collab where we are focused on one thing. Chord tones. For writing melodies.....this is where it is at. Sorry that I am coming off like I am "piling it on" but I am not meaning to.

Just alternate your days. You will find that this kind of practice is draining because you are going to be doing a lot of thinking as well as playing. You are gonna learn a ton in the next couple of weeks. The technique stuff will be there when you get back.

Pedja is trying to show us how to create solos intelligently instead of just picking a box and noodling. This will be invaluable.

There.....now your agenda is modified. One day the collab the next day anything else you want to. smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 11 2009, 03:27 AM
Lydian Take II-

I know I hit one of the notes in the beginning real weak. tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 03:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan....That was nice. I think it was better than the first one. More confidence for sure. Your timing looked good too. Good job!!! Keep practicing it and it will become even more comfortable for you. You could try the quintuplet tapping lick for fun if you want to challenge your phrasing skills. I uploade a take of me playing this lesson with the quintuplet tapping lick a couple posts up. Good job Dan....And you don't suck!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 16 2009, 02:17 PM
Didn't get much done this weekend. Its usually family time on the weekends.

THis weekend wzas getting the yard prepard for spring and shapooing the carpets. Yay..

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 16 2009, 02:38 PM
GMC:er
slacker.....

Yard work sucks. I hate that crap. I finished blowing leaves out of our car port that have been there since fall....

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hope you had a good weekend Dan. I went to the play "Wicked" with my wife and some friends. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very good!! I actually loved the music in it. I guess good music is good music no matter the genre!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 16 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks man. WE need to hook up on Skype when you get a chance Monte.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 08:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 16 2009, 08:21 PM) *

I should have some time tomorrow night......are you gonna be around?

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 16 2009, 08:36 PM
Yea I should be.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 5 2009, 01:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
What up Dan? How is everything going? You got everything under control?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Apr 5 2009, 01:32 AM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 16 2009, 08:21 PM) *

hey dan,
Ive never seen you on skype? do you still get on it

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Apr 9 2009, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Apr 4 2009, 08:32 PM) *
hey dan,
Ive never seen you on skype? do you still get on it

Im on every night just about from 9-11pm est.

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 4 2009, 08:03 PM) *
What up Dan? How is everything going? You got everything under control?

I think you know whats going on.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Apr 9 2009, 09:47 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 9 2009, 09:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Apr 9 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Im on every night just about from 9-11pm est.

I think you know whats going on.

YUP.......

+Quote Post
jer
Apr 9 2009, 09:55 PM
Dan's packing up all his stuff and sending it to Andy James.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 9 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 9 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Dan's packing up all his stuff and sending it to Andy James.

tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Apr 10 2009, 01:00 PM
Yup!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:27 AM