10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Outlaw2112
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 11:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:04 PM) *
this webcam is taking my whole day... I cant get this thing to sound good... I can use my pod as a mic but there is a noise in the background... anyone have any tips?

Just do the best you can. It doesn't have to be awesome, just good enough to get an idea of you level!! smile.gif

Check out this thread:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry347187

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
heres a recording of me playing some rhythm and some legato also some sweeps..

I cant get that noise out of the background and its driving me crazy...

Also i kept looking at the screen and messed up a few times but here it is...

just watching it makes me mad at the sound, if anyone has any idea on how to fix this please help me
I found that it sounded better when played through my pod on the mic options but the background noise is still there

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 12:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:41 PM) *
heres a recording of me playing some rhythm and some legato also some sweeps..

I cant get that noise out of the background and its driving me crazy...

Also i kept looking at the screen and messed up a few times but here it is...

just watching it makes me mad at the sound, if anyone has any idea on how to fix this please help me
I found that it sounded better when played through my pod on the mic options but the background noise is still there

John,
Could you post a clip of you just playing a straight dorian scale ascending and descending using just hammer's and pulls? You said you need help with pull-off's and I wanna see what is going on with your technique. Thanks dude. smile.gif smile.gif

Here are the first two lessons we are gonna work on. Don't get freaked out because they are a 9 on the difficulty level. We are gonna dissect them and turn most of the lessons into excercises, which when you master them will be a cool solo!! This is a long term goal to get your technique where you want it so don't stress out that you aren't gonna be able to play these lessons tomorrow. LONG TERM GOALS that we work on consistently every day!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/sweep-etude/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...loing-advanced/

Check them out and download the tabs.

I can already see what you are doing wrong on your sweeps. We'll get to that. I want to see a video of you running the Dorian scale in hammer's and pulls first. smile.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 2 2009, 12:07 AM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi John,
So it's time to get your sweeps in order. We are gonna do this by studying Muris's awesom sweep etude. I am working on this one myself....LONG TERM GOALS!!!

So here is your first assignment. I want you to download the attatched GP file. It contains 4 arpeggio shapes. They are triads which are 3 note chords. You are studying them in your other tab I gave you with the Diatonic and Pentatonic boxes.

Anyways, there are 4 arpeggio shapes, 2 major and 2 minor. Your job is to transpose the Major shapes to where both of these shapes are G major instead of one being A major and one being D major.

Then transpose the Minor shapes to where both of them are B minor. One is B minor already....lucky you. laugh.gif laugh.gif , but the F#min shape needs to be transposed to B minor as well.

I want you to do this same thing with the triads I gave you in the other tab as well. Make the A major shapes I gave you G major and the C# minor shapes I gave you B minor. When you get that done post back here and I'll go over how I want you to proceed.

You will find that I am not going to give you anything to do just to do, I want you to understand what you are doing so you can apply it to your playing. I am not interested in you becoming a parrot, I want you to be a guitarist!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 2 2009, 01:09 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Outlaw_arpeggios.gp5 ( 2.46K ) Number of downloads: 88

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 01:34 AM
Sounds good... ill do my best, just might take me some time

any ideas on how to make the audio better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 01:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Sounds good... ill do my best, just might take me some time

any ideas on how to make the audio better?

No, but I bet if you ask in the general forum you will get tons of suggestions. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 02:18 AM
yeah i just posted something... Im feeling that im way behind in the theory stuff...

Ill post a video of my hammerons and pulloffs soon, i just want to clear this audio matter up...

It killed me posting that other youtube clip, it just sounded terrible

ok im going to write a schedule for this...

5 minute warmup
20 minutes - phrygian soloing
20 minutes - sweep etitude
20 minute - arpeggio gp lesson
20 minute - diatonic and pentatonic gp lesson

and what should i do for the kazbox? just use the one in gp ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 02:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 2 2009, 02:18 AM) *
yeah i just posted something... Im feeling that im way behind in the theory stuff...

Ill post a video of my hammerons and pulloffs soon, i just want to clear this audio matter up...

It killed me posting that other youtube clip, it just sounded terrible

ok im going to write a schedule for this...

5 minute warmup
20 minutes - phrygian soloing
20 minutes - sweep etitude
20 minute - arpeggio gp lesson
20 minute - diatonic and pentatonic gp lesson

and what should i do for the kazbox? just use the one in gp ?

Do you have a metronome or a drum machine? I suppose you could use the one in GP, I've never tried this. I have a drum machine on my processor. smile.gif

That routine is a good start but we are gonna tweak it a little. I'll go over it when you get your triads transposed. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 02:35 AM
I have a metronome but i usually use the one on guitarpro cause its easier to follow the lessons on there...

but whatever you think is best ill do it

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 2 2009, 02:35 AM) *
I have a metronome but i usually use the one on guitarpro cause its easier to follow the lessons on there...

but whatever you think is best ill do it

Hi John,
Good talking on skype. Your assignment for the week in addition to transposing the triads is to learn those first few bars of the Phrygian lesson. I want you to learn the note groupings, five, six etc., I just want you counting in your head this week. No Kaz-Box for this week. So learn the run's up to the sweep arpeggio. You are actually already learning the arpeggio by learning the ones I already assigned you. For now though just the picking runs up to the arpeggio counting the correct groupings in your head!! Let me know if you have any questions!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 2 2009, 01:17 PM
did you remove your video John?

I'll see if I can help with the noise problem.

Do you have Sony Vegas Pro?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 2 2009, 01:17 PM) *
did you remove your video John?

I'll see if I can help with the noise problem.

Do you have Sony Vegas Pro?

Yeah i took it off.. the sound was bugging me... I think im going to use audacity and record my audio while im using the webcam to do the video.. Then ill just line up the two

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 2 2009, 05:08 PM
thats what I'd recommend, splitting and lining them up.

Best of luck man!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 06:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi John,
A couple questions. How much time do you realistically have to put towards practicing? I want to come up with a routine for you to maximize your practice time. You seem to be a guy who really likes to Jam. That is great, so I am gonna set some time in your routine for you to do that. The rest of the time though I want you to really try and focus on the task at hand. We are basically gonna focus on one particular thing for like 5-7 min and then move on to the next thing. How many things depends on how much time you have so when you can let me know this I will get to work on this.

Next question. I want to get an idea of how your mind works when approaching soloing. Let's say that you were going to solo over this progression in the key of C# min:

C#min-B-A-B

Tell me how you would approach it. Thanks John. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 08:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
John,
Make sure you check out the General discussion thread now. We are talking about pentatonics. fire away with any questions. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 2 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Hi John,
A couple questions. How much time do you realistically have to put towards practicing? I want to come up with a routine for you to maximize your practice time. You seem to be a guy who really likes to Jam. That is great, so I am gonna set some time in your routine for you to do that. The rest of the time though I want you to really try and focus on the task at hand. We are basically gonna focus on one particular thing for like 5-7 min and then move on to the next thing. How many things depends on how much time you have so when you can let me know this I will get to work on this.

Next question. I want to get an idea of how your mind works when approaching soloing. Let's say that you were going to solo over this progression in the key of C# min:

C#min-B-A-B

Tell me how you would approach it. Thanks John. smile.gif

Lets set practice time to 90 minutes and the rest will be learning a new song or jamming to old ones... I usually start playing around 8 or 9 at night and will play til 11pm or 12pm sometimes longer if i know i dont have to get up too early..

If i was going to make a solo over that in the key of C#minor i would goto that site with the scales and look up the C#minor scale and sit there and just stare at the scale and improvise over the track while i look at the scale.. I record my improvised take, and do this about 3 times with different takes.. Then i will go back and listen to the takes and use what i like out of them.. After that i go back to the scale and build licks out of the whole thing, I dont look at the scale like its boxes, but look at the whole thing and come up with some licks and record myself playing with the backing track... then ill piece stuff that i think sounds good together and play it as a whole solo and record that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 2 2009, 09:07 PM
Is this song mostly triads?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 2 2009, 10:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 2 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Is this song mostly triads?

Totally!! He is using some power chords and stuff as well but I can see the triad shapes he is using too. You can do some cool riffing when you combine triads with the Diatonic and pentatonic boxes. smile.gif

So do you actually know the box shapes John? From talking to you last night it seemed like you did. If you do then you are making way more work for yourself than you need to.

The scale that you know as "A Dorian" is also the Same as G major and E minor. Same exact notes same exact shapes. ALL major and minor scales use these box shapes, they are just in different positions on the neck depending on the key you are in. Learn them from my tab, you will recognize them once you go through them, just in a different position on the neck. Go ahead and follow along with the group assignments as far as the diatonic scale, pentatonic scale and triads.

You are responsible for the Ionian, Dorian and Phrygian BOX SHAPES this week. Learn them and associate the shape you already know with the name of the box. Then when you have to solo over G minor you just find the boxes in that key. Will make your life alot easier.

I am gonna come up with a routine for you. I'll make it about 60-90 minutes long that I want you to try and go through every time you practice. Do it first and then you can jam afterwards. I think you are easily distracted, so focus on the task at hand first and then you can noodle afterwards....and you'll have alot more tools to noodle with. smile.gif I'll get you your routine in the next few days.

I want you to start looking at Muris's Phrygian serial. All three levels, check them out and download the tab and start going over it. Thanks and I'll get back to you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 2 2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Outlaw!

Do you want to go over this stuff here in this thread? Via email? Elsewhere? Not at all?

What would work for you?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 3 2009, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 2 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Hey Outlaw!

Do you want to go over this stuff here in this thread? Via email? Elsewhere? Not at all?

What would work for you?

Sure Jeremy,

It would be cool to go over this stuff together.. I just got back home, we got about 12 inches of snow last night so i had the day off from work... Just finished watching the mummy part 3

about to pick up my guitar now

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:50 AM