Jan 29 2013, 04:53 PM
Tone Seeker
A 9 string Ibanez prototype.

Whole article:

http://iheartguitarblog.com/2013/01/namm-i...-prototype.html

Really interesting. Any thoughts ? smile.gif

I'd rather have a 6 string laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 29 2013, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
blink.gif

huh.gif

mellow.gif

No, thanks, I'm good with my 6 string happy.gif or the most strings I'd probably ever like to have are 7 happy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 29 2013, 06:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
my fingers hurt just thinkin about a bar chord on that

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2013, 06:37 PM
I"d like to give it a shot smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 29 2013, 07:04 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I would like to hear it in action. It is interesting to see the evolution of these Ibanez "Djent" guitars.

Where would you even buy strings for this guitar? Maybe buy a couple bass strings? smile.gif

I haven't even tried out an 8-string. It would be cool to try one out but I'm sure it would be weird to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 29 2013, 07:19 PM
Learning Roadie
I like the look of pups.
BTW agile is also selling Korean made 9 strings, and this is quite affordable.
http://www.rondomusic.com/9.String.Guitars.html

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 29 2013, 11:40 PM
I would much rather Ibanez release some fanned fret 7 and 8 strings, personally. But hey, someone will buy it! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 30 2013, 02:11 AM
My first impression is that's just pushing it too far. But when I first saw a 7 I thought it was too much, now my main guitar is a 7. Then I thought 8 was just ridiculous, now I would really like one of those, so maybe in a year or two it won't seem like too much either, and I'll be dying to get one of those. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2013, 04:21 AM
Me too!! It's got ALUMA TONE DEATH BAR pickups which are just killer. They are longer versions of the DEATH BUCKER which is just an amazing pickup IMHO.

You can get an ibanez 8 string now, brand new for $399. They have a starter version that I'm guessing you've seen me posting about? Looks spiff and cheap smile.gif

They will make string sets for it if IBBY puts it in production. Ernie ball will have super slink sets for 9 strings before you can say "Djent" smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 29 2013, 01:04 PM) *
I would like to hear it in action. It is interesting to see the evolution of these Ibanez "Djent" guitars.

Where would you even buy strings for this guitar? Maybe buy a couple bass strings? smile.gif

I haven't even tried out an 8-string. It would be cool to try one out but I'm sure it would be weird to play.

No shortage of Djent guitar vendors making fanned 7 and 8 strings. No real need for Ibanez to cover that ground again, right? Even DEAN have several fanned 7/8 models and they are pretty mainstream.

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 29 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I would much rather Ibanez release some fanned fret 7 and 8 strings, personally. But hey, someone will buy it! biggrin.gif

I hear ya ! I was the same way til I picked up the IBANEZ 7620 (later it got rebranded as the "Prestige 7", and they changed the wood I think) and thought "wow, this thing is actually playable!!"

The 7620 remains a Shredder/Djent favorite even though it's been out of production forever. Sort of like the lust for old MAXON 808 pedals. I got my 7620 for $300 used which was a great deal. They still go on ebay for $500-$700. But sometimes you can find one in a pawn shop, or the back of a music store in the cheap racks, and they will have no idea and have it priced to move.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-RG7620-7-ST...=item43b7c14ae1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ibanez-RG7620...=item19d8744bda

but you gotta be careful since the 7420 (cheaper model with less spiffy pickups) is nearly identical and people on ebay take advantage all the time. The pickup cavity on the 7620 is pointed at the mounting screws, the 7420 is rounded.

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 29 2013, 08:11 PM) *
My first impression is that's just pushing it too far. But when I first saw a 7 I thought it was too much, now my main guitar is a 7. Then I thought 8 was just ridiculous, now I would really like one of those, so maybe in a year or two it won't seem like too much either, and I'll be dying to get one of those. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 30 2013, 04:27 AM
True, but ones as good quality as Ibanez in that price bracket? Not really a lot of options there...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2013, 04:53 AM
P.S. AGILE GUITARS has an entire selection of 9 string guitars. smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 30 2013, 06:40 AM
Which are extremely hit and miss compared to Ibanez, in my experience at least. sad.gif

This post has been edited by ConnorGilks: Jan 30 2013, 06:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 30 2013, 07:18 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow that is a beautiful instrument, Is still have never even tried a 7 string and with the 8 and 9 strings the tones just keep getting lower and lower,if this keeps going pretty soon we won't even be able to hear the low strings, we will only be able to feel them. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 30 2013, 08:03 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 30 2013, 06:18 AM) *
Wow that is a beautiful instrument, Is still have never even tried a 7 string and with the 8 and 9 strings the tones just keep getting lower and lower,if this keeps going pretty soon we won't even be able to hear the low strings, we will only be able to feel them. ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Even I can say that that's too much laugh.gif Fredrik from Meshuggah is still shaking mountains with his 8 stringer so... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 30 2013, 09:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 30 2013, 12:18 AM) *

That's what I said out loud. Thought I have tried both a 7 and an 8. I want an 8.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 30 2013, 10:20 PM
Instructor
Perversion biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2013, 03:55 AM
There are wads of boutiqu fanned 89s but not that many quality versions that are not crazy price. IMHO the AGILE line above starter are pretty nice axes. Here is a 9 string with FANNED FRETS AND A TREM!!! For $1300 which is preaty reasonable. BUt to each his own smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 29 2013, 10:27 PM) *
True, but ones as good quality as Ibanez in that price bracket? Not really a lot of options there...

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 31 2013, 03:58 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2013, 09:08 AM
Instructor
I agree with Todd smile.gif That's a good price!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2013, 02:52 PM

I wish I could find a shop with Agile axes in it. I've never actually seen one on the racks!! Much less this exotic 9. But man I'd love to give it a shot smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 31 2013, 03:08 AM) *
I agree with Todd smile.gif That's a good price!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:03 AM