Make Tabs Using Guitar Pro?
SubbedChris
Mar 4 2012, 02:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
So I'm trying to make a Greek song on guitar pro but I've never really used it like this and I can't seem to make it right :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9QI9PBFLo...feature=related <------- This is the song!

So I tried to make a guitar pro tab but as you'll see its not right. There's some silence between the first and the second bar and I want it to repeat immediately after the first repetition is done...how do I do that?

Also is there a guide to help me with the program?? Thanks guys! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MPAMP.gpx ( 14.32K ) Number of downloads: 298

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2012, 04:33 AM
GMC:er
can't seem to open the file sad.gif got to re-upload

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 4 2012, 04:33 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Blister
Mar 4 2012, 04:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I can't open in Tux Guitar. Can you upload it as a .gp4 or .gp5 file?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Mar 4 2012, 07:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oh don't know about that but here it is in .GP5

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MPAMP.gp5 ( 1.54K ) Number of downloads: 185

+Quote Post
spacebran
Mar 4 2012, 08:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Mar 4 2012, 01:12 AM) *
So I'm trying to make a Greek song on guitar pro but I've never really used it like this and I can't seem to make it right :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9QI9PBFLo...feature=related <------- This is the song!

So I tried to make a guitar pro tab but as you'll see its not right. There's some silence between the first and the second bar and I want it to repeat immediately after the first repetition is done...how do I do that?

Also is there a guide to help me with the program?? Thanks guys! smile.gif

If you want the first note of the second bar to play sooner, it has to be played as part of the first bar. So, after the last note in the first bar (the open B note), put the first note of the second bar on the D string (the F note - 3rd fret). Up to this point, you should have 6 notes in the first bar. Then in the second bar, have shift everything over so there is no rest.

The count on the notes of the first bar will be: 1, 2, 3 and, 4 and

I just listened to the song again and what I did matches up. Try it out and let me know if you figure it out and if not, I'll send it to you.

This post has been edited by spacebran: Mar 4 2012, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Mar 4 2012, 12:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I think I did something here...but the red bars still appear :\ Does that indicate that I did something wrong?

Here is the original song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jB5p9jBAFU...feature=related

This post has been edited by SubbedChris: Mar 4 2012, 01:20 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mpamp3.gp5 ( 5.64K ) Number of downloads: 123

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 4 2012, 01:28 PM
Instructor
It seems you haven't filled the bar in relation to the time signature, or you filled it too much. You can do this automatically by clicking on Tools>Complete/Reduce Bars with Rests for filling (or just move the excess notes in the next bar in case you have spare).

let us know if it worked. In some cases guitar pro (v.5) won't automatically fill n-tuplets, so you need to count it off.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 4 2012, 01:29 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 4 2012, 03:34 PM
Instructor
This is what I hate about Guitar Pro.. you really have to work hard to try and get the exact note values. A lot of it is trial and error and guesswork !!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM