> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Cassien’s Phrasing Concepts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Congrats!! The take is excellent! You played it perfectly and with a very nice feeling. Good vibrato and perfect pitch bends. This would be a 10 for me if you post the take at the REC. Well done!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cassien
Mar 29 2012, 11:48 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 28 2012, 01:56 PM) *
Hi man! Congrats!! The take is excellent! You played it perfectly and with a very nice feeling. Good vibrato and perfect pitch bends. This would be a 10 for me if you post the take at the REC. Well done!

Thanks Gab! I'll try another take this weekend and post it on REC.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Martin and Co Sigma Guitars TB-1B (electro acoustic)
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

My youtube channel: Cassien's Youtube

+Quote Post
Cassien
Mar 29 2012, 01:03 PM

Here's what I'm thinking on going with for the Blues Collab. It's unplugged, and a repeat of the first 1/4th of the track, the rest would be based on variations of that.

03-29-12

Let me know what you think!
Cheers!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2012, 12:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Mar 29 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Here's what I'm thinking on going with for the Blues Collab. It's unplugged, and a repeat of the first 1/4th of the track, the rest would be based on variations of that.

03-29-12

Let me know what you think!
Cheers!

Hi mate! It seems to be a very fresh solo with some original phrases , however I find very difficult to hear the backing track in this take so I can't analyse how every note sound over the chords. Could you add the backing to the mix?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Mar 30 2012, 04:01 AM
Hey,
another one, it's quick and dirty and doesn't sound too good. But you should get the gist of what I'm going for.
I don't seem to find the right sound from my Korg pandora, though I haven't played with it much.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_collab_03_29_12.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 70

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2012, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Mar 30 2012, 12:01 AM) *
Hey,
another one, it's quick and dirty and doesn't sound too good. But you should get the gist of what I'm going for.
I don't seem to find the right sound from my Korg pandora, though I haven't played with it much.

Now I can understand it more! I like the main motive of your solo. Maybe you could make some more variations or repeat it a bit less (mainly in the second half of the solo). I also think that your tone could be improve on this one, try to make it sound warmer. Add some bass or decrease the highs level. Regarding your technique, everything is played ok excepting some bends that don't reach the correct pitch.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Mar 31 2012, 06:20 PM
Hey Gab!

Here's my latest take on the blues collab.

Blues Collab

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2012, 09:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Mar 31 2012, 02:20 PM) *
Hey Gab!

Here's my latest take on the blues collab.

Blues Collab

Hi mate! The solo is becoming more interesting but now I feel that you should work on making the connection between the ideas smoother. It would be also great if you can find a way to make your solo more intense in the second half, maybe more double string bengs with long vibratos, and some fast passages... something that makes the solo evolve a bit more. Regarding your technique I think that you have to work hard on bending. There are many of them that don't reach the pitch. If you still have some time, keep on working! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 1 2012, 02:26 PM
Hey gab,
I have a few more days for the collab, so I'll keep at it. Though I don't think I can play much faster, my technique is not quite there yet...

I have a question for you. I feel like I'm trying to tackle too many things at once. How would you recommend I organize my practice. Let's say I have about 1hr/day. Right now I'm working on a couple of courses, the collab and the first of your intense course. I'm just wondering what time allocation for each of those would be best for my overall progress.

Thanks!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2012, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! If you have one hour for practising I would divide it in 4 lapses of 15 minutes. As you are now in the process of improving your technique we will use more time for training than for creating music but then this should change...

1. Left Hand: You could use lessons 1 and 2 from the Intensive Guitar Course.
2. Right Hand: Right hand basics lessons
3. Learning any musical lesson (like the Tasty Etude, we can select one together if you want).
4. Jamming, Improvisation, Collabs // Learning any new scale, chords.

Tell me what you think!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 2 2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks gab, that sounds great.
I'm still working on the "String bending" course and the "one note per string alternate picking" one too. I'll post a take in a few days for each of those so you can tell me what you think. But if you have any suggestion for a course that you think would be good for me I'm up for it!

Cheers!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 2 2012, 01:40 PM) *
Thanks gab, that sounds great.
I'm still working on the "String bending" course and the "one note per string alternate picking" one too. I'll post a take in a few days for each of those so you can tell me what you think. But if you have any suggestion for a course that you think would be good for me I'm up for it!

Cheers!

That sounds good man! Let's go for those lessons! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 4 2012, 12:03 PM
Hey gab,
here is where I'm at with the String bending lesson and the One string per note one.

Can I also post what I'm doing with your intense course? I'm not sure I'm doing it right and the ligatos are proving quite difficult for me. I'm not sure my left hand is positioned correctly...

Thanks

This post has been edited by Cassien: Apr 4 2012, 12:03 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2012, 04:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 4 2012, 08:03 AM) *
Hey gab,
here is where I'm at with the String bending lesson and the One string per note one.

Can I also post what I'm doing with your intense course? I'm not sure I'm doing it right and the ligatos are proving quite difficult for me. I'm not sure my left hand is positioned correctly...

Thanks

Hi mate! You are doing a very good job! The bending lesson is close to perfection, there are only two or three bends that don't reach the perfect pitch. I think that you could record a take for the REC. The other lesson is also good, all the notes sound clean and the timing is ok. I note that your right hand still need some more hours of practice to feel comfortable with the movement but in a few days you will be able to record a flawless take.

Off course you can post here your videos playing the ITC exercises! smile.gif

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 8 2012, 04:10 PM
Hey gab,
I just finished and posted my take of Alex's Blues Collab on the collab page. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Thanks!
C.

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2012, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 8 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Hey gab,
I just finished and posted my take of Alex's Blues Collab on the collab page. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Thanks!
C.

Hi man! I like the final take! I think that if we compare your first one and this one, the improvement is very notorious! There are some bends reaching the half of the track that sound a bit weird there, but the overall is cool. Also the last bends don't sound perfect, I think that they don't reach perfectly the pitch. I like how you developed the melody in the second half. It really makes sense now. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 10 2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks gab! Thanks also for your guidance, loads of help you've been!

I have a question for the Gab's army's album, can I use a song I've got basic chords and lyrics for and work on it to make it the whole package or should it be a whole new thing? And, can we include vocals? I'm not really good at singing but I like the lyrics of that one.

Cheers!!!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2012, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 10 2012, 07:46 AM) *
Thanks gab! Thanks also for your guidance, loads of help you've been!

I have a question for the Gab's army's album, can I use a song I've got basic chords and lyrics for and work on it to make it the whole package or should it be a whole new thing? And, can we include vocals? I'm not really good at singing but I like the lyrics of that one.

Cheers!!!

Hi Cassien! Yes! You can use whatever you want to record for it. The only rule is that if must be an original piece, not a cover.
Please post a demo or something here! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cassien
Apr 11 2012, 11:11 AM
Hey gab,
so here's a few ideas for the army's song. I included a potential intro, and then the main riff and the chorus. And then maybe a second guitar with distortion ( like in the background...)
Let me know what you think.

gab's army song
Oh, and can we do vocals as well?
Cheers!

--------------------
My Gear:
Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez S series
Seagull S6 Cedar
Peavy Bandit 65
Peavy Backstage Plus
Korg Pandora PX4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cassien @ Apr 11 2012, 07:11 AM) *
Hey gab,
so here's a few ideas for the army's song. I included a potential intro, and then the main riff and the chorus. And then maybe a second guitar with distortion ( like in the background...)
Let me know what you think.

gab's army song
Oh, and can we do vocals as well?
Cheers!

Hi mate! I like those ideas! I think that you already have stuff to structure the whole song. Maybe then you can create a part C and a solo but let's structure this ideas. Do you have the possibility of writing midi drums and bass? What soft do you use?

vocals? Yes mate! Are you also a singer?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:35 PM