2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Amplittube 3 Free!, Vinnie Moore Lesson Try
maharzan
Aug 6 2011, 06:10 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Peeps,

I have been messing around with AmpliTube 3 Free version for about 2 weeks now. I am minimalist person and trying to record a song needs quite some dedicated time, mainly to connect wires all over. It feels boring when you have to do it everyday so I thought I would try Guitar Rig or AmpliTube (which are pretty popular). Interestingly, I saw there are actually nice presets (solo/clean) in AmpliTube 3 Free and even save your custom ones. Besides the great advantage is you don't have to open another recording software or connect another DAW hardware to record. It has a 4 track recorder which is just perfect. At one I load a backing track and at another I just record it. I wanted this feature so bad with the iPhone version but Its just too much to pay ($19.99 for AmpliTube and $9.99 for recorder, and I already bought like $40 iRig). At least they should be giving the software for free you know.

Anyway, I just need to connect my jack to the line in of my Macbook Pro and all work just perfect. I have mostly been practicing without connecting to any amp coz of the hassles but now when I am using this, I have felt improvement mainly in control, noise etc.

Here is what I have been practicing all along and finally seem to have nailed it more or less (oh I always miss notes biggrin.gif ) Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Chandra

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Chandra dude i have told you, you should apply for an instructor position, you got a great rig going on, audio and video, i think that's a 7d with a 1.8 - 2.8 lens? looks like so.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 7 2011, 08:58 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yep Adrian 7d and a 35m 1.4 smile.gif I will definitely try later but like I said, I am really not ready for making lessons. I have been a good monkey. biggrin.gif Creating content is completely another thing. smile.gif Thanks again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 7 2011, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Great shot ! Canon 35mm USM ?

Btw, nice bokeh wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 8 2011, 12:09 AM
Instructor
yeah the bokeh is SO nice smile.gif
i got myself a t2i modified with magic lanterns, a cheapo canon 50 1.8 and a sigma 18-35 2.8 is coming, yay smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 8 2011, 03:24 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yep Sinisa.

Nice Adrian. T2i has the same video quality as 7D. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 8 2011, 03:27 AM
Instructor
well, yes and no, the 7d eats my camera handling high iso, and feels like a tank vs a mini cooper biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 8 2011, 04:37 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
hehe, yep the tank starts getting heavy if you are hand helding though. My wife doesn't even touch it. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 8 2011, 06:14 AM
Instructor
Well.. you ar right, small is better sometimes biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Aug 8 2011, 06:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (maharzan @ Aug 6 2011, 07:10 AM) *
Hey Peeps,

I have been messing around with AmpliTube 3 Free version for about 2 weeks now. I am minimalist person and trying to record a song needs quite some dedicated time, mainly to connect wires all over. It feels boring when you have to do it everyday so I thought I would try Guitar Rig or AmpliTube (which are pretty popular). Interestingly, I saw there are actually nice presets (solo/clean) in AmpliTube 3 Free and even save your custom ones. Besides the great advantage is you don't have to open another recording software or connect another DAW hardware to record. It has a 4 track recorder which is just perfect. At one I load a backing track and at another I just record it. I wanted this feature so bad with the iPhone version but Its just too much to pay ($19.99 for AmpliTube and $9.99 for recorder, and I already bought like $40 iRig). At least they should be giving the software for free you know.

Anyway, I just need to connect my jack to the line in of my Macbook Pro and all work just perfect. I have mostly been practicing without connecting to any amp coz of the hassles but now when I am using this, I have felt improvement mainly in control, noise etc.

Here is what I have been practicing all along and finally seem to have nailed it more or less (oh I always miss notes biggrin.gif ) Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Chandra

Great work Chandra

Focus on the missing notes (just a few ones) to have 100%
What settings did you use for the tone?

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 8 2011, 06:59 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Playaxeman. The tone is just the default Lead Solo patch with reduced delay. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2011, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Sounds very good man! smile.gif Are you connecting your guitar straight into line in of the laptop?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 8 2011, 11:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 8 2011, 01:09 AM) *
yeah the bokeh is SO nice smile.gif
i got myself a t2i modified with magic lanterns, a cheapo canon 50 1.8 and a sigma 18-35 2.8 is coming, yay smile.gif

Heheeh ,me too, latest oriental video lesson is with t2i and kit lens 18-55 wink.gif. Now thinking of taking 50mm 1.4 !
Adrian,what is your opinion on ML ? thinking of installing it, is it safe ?

Sorry on off topic Chandra smile.gif
btw, 35 1.4 is 1400e here,to expensive for me sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 8 2011, 11:42 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yep Ivan. I am using a small 1/4" to 1/8" connector and connecting directly to my laptop's line in port. It works really well. smile.gif

No problem, Sinisa. Yeah 35mm is a prime lens, 50mm 1.4 is a must have lens. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2011, 04:02 AM
GMC:er
Great vid and sound! Not to mention well played smile.gif Gotta love Guitar Emulation! I"m doing something similar but I"m using a bit more gear (audio interface and powered direct box) but it's the same idea. For recording it's just impossible to beat the ease of use, the speed of setup, the flexibility in mixdown, etc. I"ve stopped using my Amp for my Saturday Video Chats and have gone to using Guitar Rig entirely. It's much cleaner, less noise, signal bleed, etc.

I"m all for a big loud amp, but it has it's place. Mainly live situations, studio recording where you have a great sounding main room separate from the mixing console, when your laptop is broken, etc. smile.gif

I've been using the Amplitude Metal plugin in addition to Guitar Rig and the more I use them, the more I love em.

HERE IS THE AMPLITUDE FREE INFO/DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/includedgear/

Shows you what you get for free. Quite a bit of stuff smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 9 2011, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 9 2011, 04:14 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Todd. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 9 2011, 05:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 8 2011, 05:04 AM) *
Heheeh ,me too, latest oriental video lesson is with t2i and kit lens 18-55 wink.gif. Now thinking of taking 50mm 1.4 !
Adrian,what is your opinion on ML ? thinking of installing it, is it safe ?

Sorry on off topic Chandra smile.gif
btw, 35 1.4 is 1400e here,to expensive for me sad.gif

aha, that video sure looks awesome, and well about the 50mm, is a great lens yeah, BUT, out cameras a crop sensor type, that mean that for every lens value you have to multiply it for 1.6x, that means that lens would be a 80mm, that could be to tight.

Im looking for a 15-35mm now, you can try other brands like sigma, theyre very good and less expensive by far.

Im MORE than happy with ML, it really turns the camera into a little monster, zebra stripes for under/over exposed, kelvin white balance YAY! and many many more things, sometimes it lags a bit on the menus, but you get some amazing features, totally recommendable 0 problems.

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 9 2011, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Thanks on info guys wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinister
Aug 10 2011, 05:22 AM
GMC:er
I went to Guitar Center and picked up a stealth plug for my computer. I tried out Amplitube and wow I am amazed. I never knew they had anything like that! I know next to nothing about gear and I feel like this will help a ton, especially matching everything according to different lessons, etc.

Oh and Chandra, I love the tone of your setup there. Kinda reminds me of a distorted and echoey Eric Johnson tone haha

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 10 2011, 06:17 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great Sinister. Yep, I have been very frustrated with digital tones past few years and I moved to Tube Amp setup. Then, the wires and all was tedious to setup. So, I tried AmpliTube Free and I was really blown away. While the tone is not there yet but its really great for quick setup and practice. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:42 AM