Theory Help With A Song
Brandon Earman
Sep 13 2011, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC, been awhile since I've posted here - been busy with getting back into fall semester.

Anyways check out this song on Grooveshark. I am trying to figure out how I can imitate some of the lead guitar played in this song. I have the chords down:

A7 - A#/A - Bm - Adim2 (Key of A I think?)

It has a jazzy feel to it which I love, but I can't seem to get any good licks or improv going like the guitarist does in this recording.

Any help with the theory/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Sep 13 2011, 08:45 PM
GMC:er
he is using a slide!!! search about slide techniques, and also the guitar tunnig could be different than the standard, for example it could be "open G tunning"

"I say when i drink what i think when i am sober" biggrin.gif soooo truee

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by El Fortinero: Sep 13 2011, 08:46 PM

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 13 2011, 09:57 PM
Instructor
I think that the pedal steel guitar has been used here. Perhaps a combination of slide + whammy bar, but very difficult to achieve !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Sep 13 2011, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, I was almost positive that there was an electric guitar used for some lead here. Regardless, if I wanted to play over the progression, would there be any special modes or scales to use? I'm guessing it would just be a matter of playing the arpeggios correctly and mixing them into the A major pentatonic?

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 16 2011, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Mate smile.gif

what do you think if you would start from trying to imitate the vocal line with your guitar smile.gif nail it down perfectly and start analyzing: what notes make it up and how are they arranged? Then, start straying from the vocal line smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:33 AM