Who Makes The Best "simple" Music?
Bear Rose
Nov 3 2010, 04:23 AM
Beginner Instructor
My new lesson is up on the front page and it is dealing with power chords! Now, two of the things that are awesome about power chords are that they rock and that they are simple! This got me to thinking.....

Who do you think makes the best "simple" music?

Lots of bands do extremely complicated music, especially when it comes to some of the bands that guitarists tend to listen to. But, as I said in the lesson, sometimes simplicity is best.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 3 2010, 06:26 AM
GMC:er
Without thinking twice about it, I'd have to put forward Jack White or his inspiration for simplicity in music: Son House.

If I gave it more though I might come up with something a little more contemporary but ... really, the recording being played there is pretty raw; one old guy and his own hands clapping. Jack & Meg alone on stage is pretty simple too, and some of their tunes are incredibly well done and listenable. It's hard not to respect his direction.

edit: funny story, don't put hard returns before & after the youtube video id wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Nov 3 2010, 06:27 AM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 3 2010, 07:03 AM
Instructor
agree about jack, he's fantastic.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 3 2010, 07:31 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Best simple music? I would have to say Green Day, I don't think it gets much simpler than that.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:14 PM