Stuck In A Rhythm Rut
crazytrain101
Mar 14 2009, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
Guys i need help fast before it goes to far. It seems every time i pick up my guitar i get stuck in the same rhythms. I have tried various methods to start playing something new. I have tried listening to different bands before and while i play to try to spark some ideas. I have also tried going into guitar pro and to come up with different rhythms but it they sound stale and not exciting. Any advice is appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jesse
Mar 14 2009, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
We all get that sometimes! I'd say, do you know the 12 bar blues ? If not, look it up its easy. Probably some lessons on it too. Then just play with the rythms within the 12 bar progress. Its really fun because it all sounds good, but not the same. Also, listen to some surf music, dont know if youve tried that , but it has fun rythms. Jazz too, Dont know if you've tried that yet.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:00 PM