> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Purple Hayes - Flea Style Slap Bass, Bass!
purple hayes
Mar 19 2009, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Original Lesson by Bogdan: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ap-bass-lesson/

Equipment: Variax Bass into a POD X3 Live into Reaper

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 22 2009, 07:39 PM

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 19 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4,5
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4
Posture - 4
Sound - 3

I can hardly hear your original sound here. I know it's because of the camera but I need to hear it cleaner in order to mark your sound higher.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 20 2009, 07:53 AM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4
Posture - 4,5
Sound - 3

Yes, the sound isn't very clear because of the cam mic.
Your right hand attack when slapping & popping is too "shy" in my opinion : try to be more incisive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 20 2009, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 4,5
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 4
Posture - 4,5
Sound - 3,5

Sound is a bit in the background, I would definitely like to hear it more on top of backing track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 20 2009, 09:39 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement - 5
Cleanness - 4,5
Feel - 4,5
Posture - 4,5
Sound - 2,5

I think is a nice take but the sound is just really bad and that ruins all your effort. You're very precise, maybe as Stephane you could be more agressive but that's just something about taste.
Be sure to fix that sound problem so you won't have that stain in the sound grades smile.gif

Keep the good work!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 22 2009, 12:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Rhythm placement - 3
Cleanness - 4
Feel - 3
Posture - 4
Sound - 2

You rhythm was very good but it seems that you left out all left hand slaps (or you haven't played them strong enough to be heard) also hammer-ons could be tighter that's why I rated Rhythm placement 3.
I gave you a lower mark for feel because it seems that you need to play it with more force in order to sound well.Your thumping is there on the border, but plucks need to be stronger.You should come under the string bring it up and leave it to bounce back and hit the fretboard - you should hear a loud snappy sound...Just try slapping with more force , those thick strings won't break!
We talked about the sound before too , that is the main problem here and finding good slap sound isn't easy.One in this video was just too blurred and "effected" for everything to be heard right.Sound was Variax Bass into a POD X3 Live into Reaper not from the Camcorders mic right ? smile.gif

Good job overall, you're getting there ! smile.gif

p.s. feel free to get in contact with me over PM or instructor board when you plan to record next video so we can sort out these sound and other problems !

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 22 2009, 12:17 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 22 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Purple Hayes on bass, yeah, glad to see this one. Your final average for this lesson is 77.2%

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:31 PM