4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Festive Challenge 2010
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 15 2010, 03:00 PM
GMC Founder
Well if not sure if you've been: bad or good, naughty or nice...don't worry! I'm playing Santa and giving out the gifts at this years:

GMC Festive Challenge 2010

That's right, the FC is back! Grab your guitars because you only have 12 days to get those entries submitted. This should keep you busy during those boring holiday vacations. If you don't celebrate Christmas, don't worry, all are welcome.

We have a great competition for you this year - our very own Ben Higgins has tackled another 3 level lesson of various Christmas songs:

I am sure you will all agree that he has done an amazing job, and his arrangements of these popular Christmas songs are absolutely inspiring!

Thanks for your efforts Ben, you rocked it!

The challenge will be for you GMC'ers to, pick a level, learn the song, and post your attempt at playing it. Our panel of judges will pick a winner in each category based on playing mechanics and feel.

Prizes:

3 Winners will have the options to choose:

Private Lessons:
3 months of private lessons with an instructor of your choice.

OR

New Gear:

( A chorus pedal will give your tone a pro touch - use it for clean, solos or metal rhythm sounds )

Instructions:
1. Pick which level you will be entering
2. Study the lesson carefully
3. When you are ready, upload your take in the uploads thread

Rules:
1. Entries to the competition will be closed in the last minutes of December 27th, 2010 (EST, GMT-5). Even if the thread remains open, no entries will be considered after this time
2. Keep it real about what level you enter - we will disqualify anyone who picks too low a level in an effort to win!
3. Audio entries will be accepted however video entries are preferred
4. No substitution or cash alternatives for prizes will be offered

So get practicing and may the best guitarists win!

Backing tracks for download:

Attached File  Ding_Dong_180bpm.mp3 ( 952.64K ) Number of downloads: 341

Attached File  Away_150bpm.mp3 ( 741.06K ) Number of downloads: 318

Attached File  Deck_110bpm.mp3 ( 730.59K ) Number of downloads: 332

Uploads thread here!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Dec 15 2010, 03:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome!!! Cool prizes!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 15 2010, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Are TABS being provided or do we need to learn them by ear?

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 15 2010, 03:19 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
ah nice!!!

I see gp5 files purple hayes.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 15 2010, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 15 2010, 09:19 AM) *
ah nice!!!

I see gp5 files purple hayes.

I failed to click on the picture of Ben. Problem solved. mellow.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2010, 05:47 PM
Instructor
Right everybody, the Festive Challenge has been unveiled and you've all got something to keep your fingers warm with over the Festive Season !!

For anybody having a go at the Challenge, I will be doing a video chat this Sunday, 19th at 18:00 GMT to talk over each lesson. I'll be talking you through the lessons one by one starting with the Beginner lesson.

So have any questions ready and I look forward to seeing you then - let the festive fun begin !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 15 2010, 06:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Finally another challenge, really cool! I'm not sure wether to tackle the beginner or the intermediate lesson though, as I am somewhat a level 4 player... huh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2010, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 15 2010, 05:06 PM) *
Finally another challenge, really cool! I'm not sure wether to tackle the beginner or the intermediate lesson though, as I am somewhat a level 4 player... huh.gif

Perhaps maybe look at both just to get an idea of what feels comfortable and also what you think you can realistically achieve in time for the deadline of Dec 27th ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 15 2010, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
i might be a fool, but i can only get gp files for ding dong...are there gp5 for the advanced one?

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 15 2010, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
My prayes have been heard biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Good luck everyone!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 15 2010, 09:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome, gotta love the festive challenge cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 15 2010, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I am giving the Advanced a shot but the intermediate one lokked pretty hard aswell so it will be hard to learn whatever i choose to do.

Good luck to everyone else who is entering

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
AslanMontaz
Dec 15 2010, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 15 2010, 10:05 PM) *
I am giving the Advanced a shot but the intermediate one lokked pretty hard aswell so it will be hard to learn whatever i choose to do.

Good luck to everyone else who is entering

i think i will give inter a chance because i dont want to take on the advanced because of the sweeping heheh still practicing my sweep picking.

--------------------
Guitar is a part of me without it im Disabled

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 15 2010, 11:49 PM
Instructor
great pricez!! good luck everyone!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 16 2010, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (AslanMontaz @ Dec 15 2010, 11:11 PM) *
i think i will give inter a chance because i dont want to take on the advanced because of the sweeping heheh still practicing my sweep picking.

I am not sure if i will learn the advenced in time so i am alos learning Intermediate just to be on the safe side

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 16 2010, 11:37 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I m going to try the advanced lesson.. but given the time, I hope I can nail it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 16 2010, 11:57 AM
Instructor
Good stuff Guys, you can do it !! Come to the chatroom on Sunday 18:00 GMT and I'll go through all the lessons with you smile.gif

Don't forget to bring your Picks of Destiny !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 16 2010, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I think the advanced will be to hard for me but i am still learning it and hopefully i can nail it in time. Otherwise it will be the intermediate on wich right now is kicking my balls, some parts are really hard

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 16 2010, 12:46 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 16 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Good stuff Guys, you can do it !! Come to the chatroom on Sunday 18:00 GMT and I'll go through all the lessons with you smile.gif

Don't forget to bring your Picks of Destiny !! biggrin.gif

Oh how I wish my internet connection was faster so I could see video stream.. It stucks for me plus the time is a bit odd as well. But yeah, if you have any tips, that would be great. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2010, 01:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Nielzsz @ Dec 15 2010, 07:08 PM) *
My prayes have been heard biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Good luck everyone!

hehe yes wink.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 15 2010, 06:40 PM) *
i might be a fool, but i can only get gp files for ding dong...are there gp5 for the advanced one?

Yes look below the text of the lesson's main video!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:57 PM