3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Let's Make A Hit Song Collaboration!, Can we do it? Sure we can! Hope in! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Okay guys I've had this crazy idea, and wanna put it in action right here on GMC. I know in the end I will screaming and going like:"I've created a MONSTER!!" and all but it will be a hell of a fun trust me smile.gif

Here are the GENERAL RULES for this COLLABORATION:

1. All participants gather around to record one whole song.
2. No one knows how the song sounds like except drums - they are the only thing that exists so far.
3. Every Participant will get a TASK - a portion of the song that he must record in a certain key.
4. The song will be in 120bpm, key of A (thats Cmajor\Aminor Tonality).
5. Some parts will have to be recorded first, and some after.
6. Participants can do the bass guitar, rhythm, fill and solo guitars and even vocals if they want to.
7. No need for words, we are making an instrumental here that resembles to a regular song.
8. The song must be a rockish type of song, because it is universal for all of us, an many of us know how to play some rock riffs. But surely we can add some other genres if it sounds good.

Here's the deal, you will all get one portion of the song. I have already made a skeleton of the song, and you must add the remaining parts. It will be a lot of fun and we will hopefully learn to write songs better after this! smile.gif

In the atached image we can see the drum project from Nuendo with markers. Each marker represents a section of the songs that you can play. Fill all the sections and we have our very own GMC hit on our hands smile.gif

Now the slots are limited on this one and hurry to sign in. Collabs dedaline is relative, but it will surely last till 25th of january.
Also some slots needs to be recorded before others.
I ask you to do the recordings as best as you can, so we will have one great song on our hands smile.gif

And here are the slots:

1. Intro theme (beginning of a song) Slot taken by leedbreak
2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...) Done by me
3. Main theme (catchy main theme melody, simple one, repeats twice in the whole song) Slot taken by Iluha
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song) Slot taken by Xuchpra
5. Solo Number 1 (beginners style solo) Slot taken by Nick325
6. Bridge (different chord progression from the main riff) Slot taken by Cuchulain
7. Chorus fills (background guitar that will fill the chorus so it not sound "boring" when repeated, simple melody or something..)
8. Solo 2 (intermediate style solo) Slot taken by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn
9. Solo 3 (Advanced style solo) Slot taken by Majickal
10. Bass line for a whole song Slot taken by Bogdan
11. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)Slot taken by AudunESP
12. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif Slot taken by Scoob
13. Back vocals (if you have some ideas to add to main vocals - do it by all means, maybe some aaaaaaaaas, or oooooooooohs, would be nice smile.gif )

And now the shedule:

We will need somethings first, to mix it up, and then to do some other things on top of that off course. Every participant can do only one slot and I suggest that you apply for next slots only if you can record them in a couple of days, so the other participants don't have to wait too long smile.gif

1. Main riff (we need this so we can do main theme and solos on top of it)
2. Chorus (we need this so we can do chorus fills on top of it)

Here it is guys.

To apply just write what slot would you like to record and I will post the drums for EACH ONE OF YOU SEPARATELY in the "Upload only" topic. First drums goes to slots Main Riff and Chorus
smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 23 2008, 12:02 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Jan 6 2008, 06:21 PM
GMC:er
The idea is great!
But I'm afraid that you'll need a voice... smile.gif
Maybe you could ask Luciana!

Ciao, Eddie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 6 2008, 06:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ill give the intermediate style solo a try smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Ok your'e in smile.gif I'll post you backing as soon as I get Main Riff recorded. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 6 2008, 06:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 6 2008, 05:25 PM) *
Ok your'e in smile.gif I'll post you backing as soon as I get Main Riff recorded. smile.gif

ok sounds good

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jan 6 2008, 06:38 PM
ill take the beginers solo even though im not a beginner wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 06:58 PM
Instructor
U got it m8 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 6 2008, 07:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 6 2008, 08:33 PM
Cool, this is like Marcus's collab, but evolved! smile.gif
I will only take part in this one if there's still room in two days.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 6 2008, 09:18 PM
How come, every time I think I Think have enough GMC projects going someone starts one that's just too cool to resist. Can I have then intro.

Can have it up within a couple days,

Or should I say up for approval LOL

I'm Ready.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 6 2008, 09:28 PM
Ok.. I can't resist.. this is just my turf.. I know I said I'll wait but I have to jump in.. if possible could I do the main theme?

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 01:13 AM
Instructor
You're singed in smile.gif I'll send you the backings tomorrow guys, you can check the list in the first post for slots that are allready taken. thanks! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 7 2008, 01:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 7 2008, 09:50 AM
Learning Roadie
What a great idea Ivan!!! biggrin.gif

I'm just thinking which part I could take....I'd hate to ruin a good song

Can I take the fills for the chorus?

Thanks

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
Jan 7 2008, 10:06 AM
I'll take the bridge if that's ok, I love writing bridges biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez JPM2, Ibanez XPT700
Amps: Atomic Reactor 212-50, Marshall MG100DFx, Fender Eighty-Five
Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 12:21 PM
Instructor
You got it guys smile.gif

OK, here we have whats left and we really do need the first two so we can start recording. smile.gif

2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...)
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song)
9. Solo 3 (Advanced style solo)
11. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)
12. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 7 2008, 12:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 7 2008, 01:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 7 2008, 12:21 PM) *
You got it guys smile.gif

OK, here we have whats left and we really do need the first two so we can start recording. smile.gif

2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...)
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song)
9. Solo 3 (Advanced style solo)
11. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)
12. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif

Leedbreak wants to do the intro !! You missed his post..He will be the first one to start this song.. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 7 2008, 01:29 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 01:40 PM
Instructor
I know, I'll post the backings in a few hours guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 7 2008, 02:09 PM
I'd do the main riff but I have no way to record well. sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 7 2008, 04:07 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, this idea is awesome, I really want to se what people come up with for each part!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 7 2008, 02:09 PM) *
I'd do the main riff but I have no way to record well. sad.gif

If you can record it decently (meaning in the beat and decent sound) you're in. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 7 2008, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 7 2008, 03:31 PM) *
If you can record it decently (meaning in the beat and decent sound) you're in. smile.gif

I'm best leaving it for now. I'm buying a Toneport in 3 weeks so then I will be able to contribute to some collaborations smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:36 AM