5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Marek "gorim" Thread, Uploads and Discussion
opeth.db
Mar 3 2009, 07:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok Marek-

I have been assign by the doctor to help you out here. I will get a a pre-fretting video for you tonight hopefully. Gotta go pick up my axe from the shop tonight.

Where are you with the theory we are explaining here? I can explain how to get triads needed for the specific mode to play with? Do you know the basics? Terminology?

Let me know.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 3 2009, 08:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Monte, will do my best:)

Dan: well in fact my theory is so bad that I don't know what I know laugh.gif What I know is that there are 12 notes:
A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#

So with the formula for for example the pentatonic scale, or major scale, I can say what notes are in the scale..

I know that the major triad is made of the first, third and fifth note in the certain scale, and that the minor triad is made of the first, flattened third and fifth note in the scale.

I know that Major Scale will have the notes that Major Pentatonic scale has. And suspect that the Minor Scale will have the notes of Minor Pentatonic scale also ( can be wrong.. ).

I do not understand the whole concept of the major scale and it modes... In pentatonic scale I had 5 boxes of the same scale, without any "moods". Now I have a scale, and each part/box of it has different subname/mood and I don't understand that. Are there different formulas of different modes? I expect not, because it "is" the same scale after all.. Really confusing...
I can read Andrew theory lessons to understand it... Here is the link to the "where to start" thread, maybe You could give me the numbers of lessons I should read, I know the more the better, but keeping things basic at one moment would help me, as now I just have so much new material before me, that I am bit lost:/ Many thanks in advance for You dedicating Your time for me.. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 3 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 3 2009, 08:16 PM) *
Monte, will do my best:)

Dan: well in fact my theory is so bad that I don't know what I know laugh.gif What I know is that there are 12 notes:

So with the formula for for example the pentatonic scale, or major scale, I can say what notes are in the scale..

I know that the major triad is made of the first, third and fifth note in the certain scale, and that the minor triad is made of the first, flattened third and fifth note in the scale.

I know that Major Scale will have the notes that Major Pentatonic scale has. And suspect that the Minor Scale will have the notes of Minor Pentatonic scale also ( can be wrong.. ).

I do not understand the whole concept of the major scale and it modes... In pentatonic scale I had 5 boxes of the same scale, without any "moods". Now I have a scale, and each part/box of it has different subname/mood and I don't understand that. Are there different formulas of different modes? I expect not, because it "is" the same scale after all.. Really confusing...
I can read Andrew theory lessons to understand it... Here is the link to the "where to start" thread, maybe You could give me the numbers of lessons I should read, I know the more the better, but keeping things basic at one moment would help me, as now I just have so much new material before me, that I am bit lost:/ Many thanks in advance for You dedicating Your time for me.. ohmy.gif

Welcome to hell Dan!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Just kidding Marek. smile.gif Dan will get you squared away and I'll keep checking in and clarify if Dan needs help. You aren't that far behind you just need a little clarification on a few points.

All you Dan..... smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 3 2009, 08:42 PM
I understand about all this new material my friend. Right Monte! tongue.gif

Anyways..Lets start with some simple stuff.

Your right there are 12 notes. The chromatic scale.

Ill just ask a series of questions. I dont want you to get a ton of info at once.

So If I were to say...
1. Give me the Scale of GMajor.
2. Scale of Gminor?

Can you figure it out..

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Mar 3 2009, 08:44 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 3 2009, 10:19 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I assume that scale Gmajor is Major Scale of G dry.gif

Considering this is the formula for the major scale: 2 2 1 2 2 2 1

We have: G A B C D E F# G

Considering the formula for minor scale is : 2 1 2 2 1 2 2

We have: G A A# C D D# F G

Still I don't know these formulas by heart, had to check them before answering. I bet it won't need to much dedication to learn the formulas for pentatonic major and minor + major and minor scales, but it shows on "what level" I am.

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 3 2009, 10:35 PM
Im sorta at that same level Marek. Monte threw this at me to help solidfy the theory for me by helping you. SO bear with me too. smile.gif

Ok. Using the GMajor scale do you know what chords we would use to play in this key?

Major/Minor Scale formula I have seen written 3 different ways.
-TTSTTTS
-WWHWWWH

Minor
-WHWWHWW
-TSTTSTT

All the same but technically we should be using the TS for Tone and Semi-Tone but they are all correct.

Do you know what an interval is?

Why do we use modes?

To start infusing some mode theory what mode would be Major/Minor be?
Major = ? / What number is the mode? =
Minor = ? / What number is this mode? =

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Mar 3 2009, 10:41 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 3 2009, 11:40 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Interval is the distance between notes in a scale. When we count the notes, we also count the ones between which the distance is.

Ionian, Lydian and Mixolydian= Major Modes --> I, IV, V
Aeolian, Dorian and Phrygian= Minor modes --> II, III, VI

I took the info about modes from our announcement thread, and the numbers from the table provided. I assume that the numbers presents the intervals between the root note and the certain ( numbered ) note in the major scale.

I can't answer what chords can be used in Gmaj scale. Using the table provided for us( and the knowledge that I, IV and V intervals are major, and II III VI are minor ), I would bet that as these are the triads:
Gmaj Amin Bmin Cmaj Dmaj Emin F#dim

So we could use these chords for sure. But most probably there are multiple ways of making those chords "different" yet still containing the base notes.

Still can't think of why to use modes, will try to re-read Monte's post about that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 4 2009, 03:54 PM
Ok.

So in order to get or chords on the GMajor scale we use somethin called stacking thirds.

So we have,.,.
The formula for the major scale: 2 2 1 2 2 2 1

We have: G A B C D E F# G
So count every third..
Our chords for GMajor is... G B D

Cmajor is..
C D E F G A B C
Our chords here would be.. C E G

Does this make sense?

WE use modes to get different feelings and are good for improvisation.
Read Andrew's lesson here. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=5012

After you good here we will go into leaning how to find what you need for modes.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Mar 4 2009, 03:55 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 6 2009, 05:33 PM
Where'd you go Marek? smile.gif

I posted a prefretting video for you.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=25322

Let me know how you are doing...

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 6 2009, 11:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
First of all, I am very grateful for You making the video! I think that I actually knew it already, but didn't do it all the time, and I haven't put enough attention to it, now I will certainly look after that. Don't know how could I help You in anything "in exchange", but if there would be a way, than tell me:)

When it comes to "stacking thirds". I understand how You did it, but I am unsure why is it so? Considering we would be limited to one scale, would we be limited to the three chords that we have thanks to "stacking thirds" thing? I read this lesson few days ago lesson and from what I understood we could use chord based on any note that the scale consisted...

PS: excuses: I was quite busy last days, and also practiced playing quite heavily:)

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Mar 6 2009, 11:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 7 2009, 12:38 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Okay I just recorded two takes for the Lydian Phrasing Beginner lesson, I think the first one is better, but always better to have better players opinion:)

There are many things to improve for sure, but I didn't try to record better takes, as the more I try to record something the more mistakes I do dry.gif Can't wait for the comment:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 7 2009, 04:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 7 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Okay I just recorded two takes for the Lydian Phrasing Beginner lesson, I think the first one is better, but always better to have better players opinion:)

There are many things to improve for sure, but I didn't try to record better takes, as the more I try to record something the more mistakes I do dry.gif Can't wait for the comment:)

Good job Marek. Do the things that Muris and Kaz suggested and you will be fine. I really want you to work on bending with more than one finger and wrapping your thumb over the top of the neck. Watch how Muris does it in his video. This should be your goal. I want you to work on these things and get me a new take next week!! Good job Marek and I want you to keep working with Dan on the theory. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 7 2009, 09:44 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Oh my, I would rather spend some time on a different lesson, learning this one to the point shown on the video took much more time than my "set time" was, so I am bit tired playing it. But of course I will dedicate part of my time to polish it:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 7 2009, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 7 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Oh my, I would rather spend some time on a different lesson, learning this one to the point shown on the video took much more time than my "set time" was, so I am bit tired playing it. But of course I will dedicate part of my time to polish it:)

Why don't you go ahead and do the Phrygian beginner lesson then Marek......Up to you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 8 2009, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
I have been assign by the doctor to help you out here.

Does that make you a nurse?

smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 9 2009, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 6 2009, 06:08 PM) *
First of all, I am very grateful for You making the video! I think that I actually knew it already, but didn't do it all the time, and I haven't put enough attention to it, now I will certainly look after that. Don't know how could I help You in anything "in exchange", but if there would be a way, than tell me:)

When it comes to "stacking thirds". I understand how You did it, but I am unsure why is it so? Considering we would be limited to one scale, would we be limited to the three chords that we have thanks to "stacking thirds" thing? I read this lesson few days ago lesson and from what I understood we could use chord based on any note that the scale consisted...

PS: excuses: I was quite busy last days, and also practiced playing quite heavily:)

Stacking thirds is just the way it is and how we find our chords.

Ok. Let me know when your ready to go over modes. Are you comfortable enough to do so?

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 9 2009, 09:22 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I just want to say I uploaded my take on the Phrygian lesson here. I haven't practiced to much, because I found it easier than the lydian one, so the mistakes come more from lack of stable muscle memory of all the licks, than technique difficulty. Anyway I was in "maybe record something" mood. Don't know if uploading something You haven't learned 100% by heart is a good idea, but maybe it is?smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 09:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 9 2009, 09:22 PM) *
I just want to say I uploaded my take on the Phrygian lesson here. I haven't practiced to much, because I found it easier than the lydian one, so the mistakes come more from lack of stable muscle memory of all the licks, than technique difficulty. Anyway I was in "maybe record something" mood. Don't know if uploading something You haven't learned 100% by heart is a good idea, but maybe it is?smile.gif

It looked good Marek. I still think you can benefit from Kaz-box work here though. The arpeggios at the end could be cleaned up. Timing sound pretty good though. You need to really watch what Muris's hand is doing when he bends. Notice how he use his first and second finger to help his 3rd finger when he is bending. Still looks like you are bending with one finger to me. I think you should stick with both these lessons for awhile and just perfect them a little. Very good job though. I'll post a little later to make sure that you and I are on the same page as far as where you are with the MTP assignments. Good job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 9 2009, 10:29 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Thanks for nice words Monte:)

Considering how much stuff is going on, the plan could look more less like that:

Warm Up:

- play the triads and major scale positions provided by You in the "Triads__Diatonic_and_Pentatonic_boxes" guitar pro file.

Lessons to cope with:

Lydian Phrasing Beginner - well I will try to improve it, although I won't spend to much time on it, I play it bit better already, now need to focus on the things said already about bending with more than one finger and wrapping the thumb around the neck.

Phrygian Soloing Beginner -
more to learn here, especially those little sweeps, I am less than novice in this technique.

Rock Solo in Bb Major - this months intermediate challenge. I already had it in my bookmarks, so this is a good excuse to learn it finally, it should be very time consuming I hope.

Beginner Rock Solo - well not really learn the whole lesson, just use the legato lick to improve my legato and be able to record this cool lesson at full speed one day.

Playing what I learned already for fun, but do that when "fed up" with more directed practice.

COLAB

Don't know how I will be able to come with anything, but I believe You ( have no other choice laugh.gif ) that You will show us the way;)

Some tips about theory ( what I should learn ) especially considering the collaboration, would be nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Thanks for nice words Monte:)

Considering how much stuff is going on, the plan could look more less like that:

Warm Up:

- play the triads and major scale positions provided by You in the "Triads__Diatonic_and_Pentatonic_boxes" guitar pro file.

Lessons to cope with:

Lydian Phrasing Beginner - well I will try to improve it, although I won't spend to much time on it, I play it bit better already, now need to focus on the things said already about bending with more than one finger and wrapping the thumb around the neck.

Phrygian Soloing Beginner -
more to learn here, especially those little sweeps, I am less than novice in this technique.

Rock Solo in Bb Major - this months intermediate challenge. I already had it in my bookmarks, so this is a good excuse to learn it finally, it should be very time consuming I hope.

Beginner Rock Solo - well not really learn the whole lesson, just use the legato lick to improve my legato and be able to record this cool lesson at full speed one day.

Playing what I learned already for fun, but do that when "fed up" with more directed practice.

COLAB

Don't know how I will be able to come with anything, but I believe You ( have no other choice laugh.gif ) that You will show us the way;)

Some tips about theory ( what I should learn ) especially considering the collaboration, would be nice.

Sounds good Marek. You have plenty to keep you busy. Keep checking "Pedja's collab" thread for more info on this. Don't worry about your solo over the backing track right now. Focus on learning your triad shapes so you can use them in the collab. You can use nothing but those shapes for the whole collab. You are doing fine. Just keep reading the threads for he theory stuff and ask questions. We will all chime in with answers. Good job Marek. smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:39 AM