3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Anders Bootcamp, Ready, Aim, SHRED!!
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2014, 10:04 AM
GMC:er
I usually sit down when I practice as well. I practice quite a bit so standing the whole time might be a bit draining. Not to mention, I'm usually recording something so I need to sit to control all the software/mixer etc. Try to sit in classical position if possible!!!

I know I'm asking a lot of you here, but that is the point of our crazy Bootcamp!! To require you guys to push beyond what you thought was possible and see big gains in your playing.

Keep your picking hand somewhat loose and don't let your body go tense! smile.gif Pick in a relaxed and even way and your picking for doubles and quads will come up to speed in no time!!

SARGE

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 23 2014, 07:20 AM) *
Thanks Todd, i will try to manage double and quad picking, but i have to sit down and practice, im not used to play that style. I will update after a while. I can feel my wrist is more relaxed and the hand synch coming along smile.gif
Yes i hope my little boy wants to start playing guitar or some other instruments, perhaps singing smile.gif

Thanks for the advice Todd smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Feb 18 2014, 01:11 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Double and quad picking. There is some small mistakes in this clip, but I didn't had the time for the "perfect clip".

http://youtu.be/4Cga8z6XNpE

Regards

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2014, 07:58 AM
NICE!!! Some really fine picking in this video Soldier!! The picking is perfectly even and steady which is what we want to hear!! The only issue is that it doesn't seem connected to the metronome? You have plenty of speed going but it's floating free of the timing it seems. Maybe slow down a pinch and lock in to the metronome click. If you are playing quads for example, you can set the metronome to click once for every four strikes of the pick. That way you'll do a four count, hear a click, then play the next note. This makes it easier to lock in to the timing of the metronome.

A big part of the drills is being able to play the bits in lock step with a given count. You have done some great work on getting this lick up to speed, just need to connect it a pinch better on the timing clicks!!

Once More Into The Breach Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Feb 18 2014, 07:11 AM) *
Double and quad picking. There is some small mistakes in this clip, but I didn't had the time for the "perfect clip".

Regards

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Feb 21 2014, 09:44 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks for the advice Todd, im on it. I will slow it down and try to connect my hands to the metronome.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2014, 06:19 AM
Dig deep and give em Hell Soldier!!

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Feb 21 2014, 04:44 AM) *
Thanks for the advice Todd, im on it. I will slow it down and try to connect my hands to the metronome.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2014, 06:06 AM
Soldier, have you broken ranks? We are looking for your dog tags!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Feb 18 2014, 08:11 AM) *

Regards

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jul 29 2014, 09:19 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2014, 05:06 AM) *
Soldier, have you broken ranks? We are looking for your dog tags!!!

Sarge

Hi, i must say, I've have put most energy into ordinary AP. But i will upload a clip concering double and quad picking.

Regards

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jul 29 2014, 05:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru
A beer in right hand and pick in left hand. I'm on it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Jul 29 2014, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2014, 05:42 AM
Great to see you back in the fight soldier!! Some serious skill in your picking!!! Don't think you have to go crazy shred speed right out of the gate. The important thing with DOUBLE PICK and QUAD PICK is to keep it in synch with the metronome. It can be a little tedious but it's worst mastering. Fight on Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jul 29 2014, 12:26 PM) *

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Aug 20 2014, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi, i uploaded a clip as i wrote before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lusTY2K--h4...eature=youtu.be

Poor sound but i hope you can here every note:)

Regards.

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Aug 20 2014, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2014, 09:40 PM
You made the video PRIVATE and I can't see it sad.gif

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Aug 20 2014, 04:12 PM) *
Hi, i uploaded a clip as i wrote before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lusTY2K--h4...eature=youtu.be

Poor sound but i hope you can here every note:)

Regards.

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Aug 20 2014, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 20 2014, 08:40 PM) *
You made the video PRIVATE and I can't see it sad.gif

Okej...hmm...

i think it should be working now?

Btw: its my girlfreiend youtube account:)

New LINK:

http://youtu.be/lusTY2K--h4

Its bedtime for me now, if it doesnt work, i will fix it tomorrow:)

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Aug 20 2014, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2014, 05:00 AM
Working now Soldier!! I'll check it out smile.gif

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Aug 20 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Okej...hmm...

New LINK:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2014, 05:21 AM
Great to see you back on the FIELD OF BATTLE SOLDIER!!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)QUAD PICKING!!!!!
2.)Solid Techniques on all fronts, right hand, left hand, picking, synch, nice!
3.)Keeping Good right hand position, planted on the bridge.

Your picking has improved quite a bit soldier as has your overall technique!! Keep up this momentum and ATTACK THE NET MISSION!!!

You Sir have just earned your THIRD MISSION BADGE!!!!

and ...

!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Aug 20 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Okej...hmm...

New LINK:

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Aug 22 2014, 07:22 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 22 2014, 04:21 AM) *
Great to see you back on the FIELD OF BATTLE SOLDIER!!!!

Let's Debrief....

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)QUAD PICKING!!!!!
2.)Solid Techniques on all fronts, right hand, left hand, picking, synch, nice!
3.)Keeping Good right hand position, planted on the bridge.

Your picking has improved quite a bit soldier as has your overall technique!! Keep up this momentum and ATTACK THE NET MISSION!!!

You Sir have just earned your THIRD MISSION BADGE!!!!

and ...

!!!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Image

Thx

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 23 2014, 03:37 AM
Congrats Soldier!!! Keep the momentum!! ATTACK THE NEXT MISSION!!!!

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Aug 22 2014, 02:22 AM) *
Thx

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2014, 06:48 AM
Soldier!! YOU ARE MISSING IN ACTION!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jul 29 2014, 12:26 PM) *

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Nov 24 2014, 09:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2014, 05:48 AM) *
Soldier!! YOU ARE MISSING IN ACTION!!!! smile.gif

Yeah i know, but im playing guitar daily. Lesson 4, do u use metronome or not? I saw the instruction video and there was no metronome? For the moment i am praticing "technical difficulties" (Gilbert) for my alternate picking. Its hard piece but im trying.

Yes, will upload a clips soon. I have been a little lazy smile.gif

Thanks for pushing me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 09:36 PM
I used a metronome for years and now I can hear one in my head. But until you get to that level having something to help keep time can be a good thing but it can be anything! A drum beat, a song, anything smile.gif

In my Video Chats I use the metronome in GUITAR RIG 5 and just change the sounds in it to a kick and snare drum smile.gif

Looking forward to your clips Soldier!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Nov 24 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Yeah i know, but im playing guitar daily. Lesson 4, do u use metronome or not? I saw the instruction video and there was no metronome? For the moment i am praticing "technical difficulties" (Gilbert) for my alternate picking. Its hard piece but im trying.

Yes, will upload a clips soon. I have been a little lazy smile.gif

Thanks for pushing me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Sep 27 2015, 09:19 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 24 2014, 08:36 PM) *
I used a metronome for years and now I can hear one in my head. But until you get to that level having something to help keep time can be a good thing but it can be anything! A drum beat, a song, anything smile.gif

In my Video Chats I use the metronome in GUITAR RIG 5 and just change the sounds in it to a kick and snare drum smile.gif

Looking forward to your clips Soldier!!!

Sarge

Long time no see. Im back for mission four. I will do my best and it may take a while until i feeling satisfied with the mission. I also have to buy a decent web camera for my next rec.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:55 AM