Mith's Bootcamp, You Have Chosen The Way of Blood!
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2014, 12:45 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Here is your link your personal training ground/HELL!

http://bitly.com/mithsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 14 2014, 02:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I Shall Decorate this place with the skulls of my enemies, broken strings, melted guitar picks and Pony's
DEATH PONY'S

Anyway what kinda BMP should I aim for with these. I guess 160-200 Mark?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2014, 04:31 PM
The speed of play is actually beside the point Soldier, believe it or not smile.gif I'm looking to see that you are playing in a precise manner at what appears to be the edge of your ability. That's different for each and every player. I may have you retackle certain Missions if I think you could do a bit better which is part of what makes BOOTCAMP so darn hard!

The good news is, the first mission is a cake walk, so get started! smile.gif

Sarge

QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 13 2014, 09:49 PM) *
I Shall Decorate this place with the skulls of my enemies, broken strings, melted guitar picks and Pony's
DEATH PONY'S

Anyway what kinda BMP should I aim for with these. I guess 160-200 Mark?

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 30 2014, 02:19 PM
Quick question Todd, is there a length of time you recommend you play at a certain BPM before you feel you can say you got that under your fingers?

At the moment I'm working off around 2min per drill. This overkill? under kill? atm at my "top speed at around 220bmp at 6th notes I hold out well till about the 1:30 mark then tend to fumble one note and throw myself off and crash into the wall of the race track and run around unfire screaming "The pain the pain"

Figure of speech, its not hurting at all playing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2014, 11:33 PM
I don't suggest a certain time typically. I'd say trust your fingers and your gut. If you are playing a bit, and doing it in a precise way that is near the edge of your ability, you are ready to record and submit the mission!!! If you can keep it up for just a few bars without mistakes, BINGO your there. smile.gif

That's really what I"m looking for. I want to see your fingers synched up and under control and playing right at the edge of your ability. If you go over the limit of your ability I'll hear it and you'll have to reshoot the mission. If you are playing well under your ability, same thing, reshoot. So push it as far as you can before it starts falling apart but only to the point where you still are in command of your fingers. Make sense Soldier??

Fight On!!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 30 2014, 09:19 AM) *
Quick question Todd, is there a length of time you recommend you play at a certain BPM before you feel you can say you got that under your fingers?

At the moment I'm working off around 2min per drill. This overkill? under kill? atm at my "top speed at around 220bmp at 6th notes I hold out well till about the 1:30 mark then tend to fumble one note and throw myself off and crash into the wall of the race track and run around unfire screaming "The pain the pain"

Figure of speech, its not hurting at all playing

+Quote Post
Mith
Aug 2 2014, 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JXph5SqhUQ

First blood has been drawn. 140bpm seems to be my upper level while keeping it clean, can push harder tho if you want sarge

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2014, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the Toughest Job You'll Ever Love Soldier!! You are off to a running start! let's debrief!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)Precise, Clean Strikes
2.)Steady Speed
3.)Blood on the frets from naked agression!

in other words, you just.....

!!!!!LEVELED UP!!!!!!!
Attached Image

On to the next fight Soldier!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Mith @ Aug 2 2014, 02:00 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JXph5SqhUQ

First blood has been drawn. 140bpm seems to be my upper level while keeping it clean, can push harder tho if you want sarge

+Quote Post
Mith
Aug 3 2014, 08:02 AM
And I just finished wiring up a special cable to run my Android phones metronome into my interface. Weapons upgraded for next mission sarge. The enemy won't know what hit them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2014, 11:37 PM
Well Done Soldier!! You can also use a Software Metronome that will live in side of your DAW. I'm using GUITAR RIG as my metronome currently. There is a free version of guitar rig that has the built in metronome which is very handy!

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/produ...r-rig-5-player/

I run this on it's own track in my daw (reaper etc.) during vid chats and run overloud for guitar processing on another track. I have this saved as a blank project so when I'm ready to play I just open this project and it's ready to go with processing and metronome. The more time you can shave off the "getting started" phase, the more time you can spend playing!

Todd

QUOTE (Mith @ Aug 3 2014, 03:02 AM) *
And I just finished wiring up a special cable to run my Android phones metronome into my interface. Weapons upgraded for next mission sarge. The enemy won't know what hit them.

+Quote Post
Mith
Aug 5 2014, 03:39 PM
yeah, but with my hardware I can set my webcam up so it picks up audio from the interface. si if I feed the metronome into that I don't have to sync audio and I can also have the metronome in chat so when I play everyone can hear its dead on time and not just guess.

Accept nothing but perfection

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2014, 10:49 AM
Whatever works for you in the field solder is the way you should fight!! Just offering some combat options smile.gif

I'm using a mixer to tie it all together but part of it is in LOGIC. You guys usually play along with me when I"m doing the metronome stuff, which is usually track 2 in my daw. But I used to use my iphone connected to an input on my interface (some folks will probably remember) as I had a spiff app I was suing so I feel ya!

Todd

QUOTE (Mith @ Aug 5 2014, 10:39 AM) *
yeah, but with my hardware I can set my webcam up so it picks up audio from the interface. si if I feed the metronome into that I don't have to sync audio and I can also have the metronome in chat so when I play everyone can hear its dead on time and not just guess.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2014, 06:47 AM
MITH!! WHERE ARE YOU SOLDIER?

QUOTE (Mith @ Aug 5 2014, 10:39 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mith
Nov 20 2014, 03:39 AM
I've been infiltrating other camps and gathering intel as well as developing weapons for the next battle.

Things have been a little hectic and might be for a few weeks still but I plan on getting stuck into this

Nice to know I'm missed tho lol

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2014, 01:47 PM) *
MITH!! WHERE ARE YOU SOLDIER?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2014, 12:16 AM
Doing RECON is certainly a noble actiity Soldier!! Look forward to your next MISSION!

Sarge

QUOTE (Mith @ Nov 19 2014, 10:39 PM) *
I've been infiltrating other camps and gathering intel as well as developing weapons for the next battle.

Things have been a little hectic and might be for a few weeks still but I plan on getting stuck into this

Nice to know I'm missed tho lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:03 PM