3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Logic, Any logic users here?
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Is Andy a Logic user too?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 27 2009, 06:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 27 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Is Andy a Logic user too?

Yup!!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Cool!
I'll have to ask him questions too! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 27 2009, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
Hey! Here's another Logic-newbie! laugh.gif

Yup, I switched to it a week or so ago... my last collab (the satriani one) was still done in Garageband but I felt in need of something more professional!

Monte, I know you also used garageband... logic has MANY similarities. You have the same Apple loops and all the tools that are available in the "Arrange" area are the same. The magic starts when you start mixing or creating your own midi stuff. What I really love is all those options that help you personalize the working interface... it seems kinda discouraging first because of its complexity but there are many stuff that you have to set for yourself only once.

I'm currently trying to mount Addictive drums. Btw ALL manuals are available under Help. There's a 1000 page long users manual, but beginner introduction and plug-in manuals are also available! The working interface seems very well organized, I once had a peep into ProTools and Logic beats that in many ways.

So if anybody in this thread has any problems maybe we could sort it out together... or if anyone has some cool tips we could share those too wink.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 07:41 PM
Instructor
Awesome!
Yeah, I agree with you , Logic's interface is very cool!
I love the fact that it comes with all these cool softsynths!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 27 2009, 07:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (berko @ Apr 27 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Hey! Here's another Logic-newbie! laugh.gif

Yup, I switched to it a week or so ago... my last collab (the satriani one) was still done in Garageband but I felt in need of something more professional!

Monte, I know you also used garageband... logic has MANY similarities. You have the same Apple loops and all the tools that are available in the "Arrange" area are the same. The magic starts when you start mixing or creating your own midi stuff. What I really love is all those options that help you personalize the working interface... it seems kinda discouraging first because of its complexity but there are many stuff that you have to set for yourself only once.

I'm currently trying to mount Addictive drums. Btw ALL manuals are available under Help. There's a 1000 page long users manual, but beginner introduction and plug-in manuals are also available! The working interface seems very well organized, I once had a peep into ProTools and Logic beats that in many ways.

So if anybody in this thread has any problems maybe we could sort it out together... or if anyone has some cool tips we could share those too wink.gif

Thanks Berko....the more people I can bother the better. tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 07:48 PM
Instructor
Hahaha!
We should open up a Logic users hotline!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 27 2009, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 27 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Thanks Berko....the more people I can bother the better. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Sure thing man! laugh.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 27 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Hahaha!
We should open up a Logic users hotline!

That's right! Logic and Apple all the way biggrin.gif Hope we attract some other lurking Logic-useres here ph34r.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 27 2009, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have a program called screenium....it allows me to make a video of what I am doing on my desktop on a mac. It would be cool if we all had it....it costs like $30. Just makes it easier to explain stuff by showing rather than telling. I have an iDisk account we could upload the vids too so whoever wanted them could get them. Just a thought. smile.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 27 2009, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 27 2009, 09:01 PM) *
I have a program called screenium....it allows me to make a video of what I am doing on my desktop on a mac. It would be cool if we all had it....it costs like $30. Just makes it easier to explain stuff by showing rather than telling. I have an iDisk account we could upload the vids too so whoever wanted them could get them. Just a thought. smile.gif

Great idea! Especially because I have the program already... Btw a freeware version is available at the apple homepage. It only allows 30 sec long shots, but it can still be useful in the beginning for anyone who doesnt have it.... And with the built-in mic it's even more great

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 11:00 PM
Instructor
Cool idea!
I spent part of the afternoon trying to get my keyboard recognized and it would not work...
It's an old Evolution MK 249 midi controller.
It shows up in my Apple USB devices, but does not trigger any notes in Logic.
Any ideas?

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 27 2009, 11:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice to see some other Logic user here .. smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 27 2009, 09:01 PM) *

Just tested this screenium app .. easy to use !! You can even activate the webcam. Main window is the screen view (Logic) and the webcam captures the guitar.. funny. I just didn't manage to record the playback sound from logic .. any ideas for this? I could use a mic in front of my monitors, but the sound will be crappy and ... as i mainly play at night .. chances are quite high that my girlfriend will appear in the little webcam view and knock me out live on camera .. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 27 2009, 11:15 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 28 2009, 12:00 AM) *
Cool idea!
I spent part of the afternoon trying to get my keyboard recognized and it would not work...
It's an old Evolution MK 249 midi controller.
It shows up in my Apple USB devices, but does not trigger any notes in Logic.
Any ideas?

Maybe someone else will answer this better than me. So is the keyboard set as a default input in the "Audio Midi Setup"?
In Logic, click Preferences, then Control Surfaces, then Setup. You can scan for the device there!

Do you want to control the plugins etc. with the controller? Or do you have an external midi interface for it to use its samples and effects?

This post has been edited by berko: Apr 27 2009, 11:16 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 27 2009, 11:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 27 2009, 11:07 PM) *

chances are quite high that my girlfriend will appear in the little webcam view and knock me out live on camera .. laugh.gif

I for one wouldn't mind seeing that Andy. ohmy.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 27 2009, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Apr 28 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Just tested this screenium app .. easy to use !! You can even activate the webcam. Main window is the screen view (Logic) and the webcam captures the guitar.. funny. I just didn't manage to record the playback sound from logic .. any ideas for this? I could use a mic in front of my monitors, but the sound will be crappy and ... as i mainly play at night .. chances are quite high that my girlfriend will appear in the little webcam view and knock me out live on camera .. laugh.gif

Are you using the built-in camera for a Mac? Or a separate webcam? I can't locate my built-in one for screenium... I'll have to mess with my panasonic then mellow.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 27 2009, 11:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 28 2009, 12:15 AM) *
I for one wouldn't mind seeing that Andy. ohmy.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif ... not going to happen. I just figured it out. I have connected the speaker line-out of my sound card to the line-in of the mac and use this input as sound device for the screenium.

QUOTE (berko @ Apr 28 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Are you using the built-in camera for a Mac? Or a separate webcam? I can't locate my built-in one for screenium... I'll have to mess with my panasonic then mellow.gif

I used the build-in camera from my laptop, but just connected the miniDV camera (FireWire) which i normally use and it shows up in the pulldown menu. What kind of mac you have?

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 13 2009, 03:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Found this site for tutorials on how to use the various recording programs. Got the tutorial for logic....the pro bundle for like $80. Watched the first couple last night.......very well done. For anybody who is a NOOB like myself to using a DAW, this might be a good investment.

http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/

+Quote Post
berko
May 13 2009, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 13 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Found this site for tutorials on how to use the various recording programs. Got the tutorial for logic....the pro bundle for like $80. Watched the first couple last night.......very well done. For anybody who is a NOOB like myself to using a DAW, this might be a good investment.

http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/

Thanks man for the link. I'm getting warmed up now but I still consider myself a complete noob. There's so much stuff to do with this program, the manual is like 1000 pages long....

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 13 2009, 04:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (berko @ May 13 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Thanks man for the link. I'm getting warmed up now but I still consider myself a complete noob. There's so much stuff to do with this program, the manual is like 1000 pages long....

Just watching the "grand tour" video last night really cleared up a lot of things for me. This should help me A LOT....although I can see it is gonna take quite a bit of time. I'm gonna have to treat it like a class. Sit down and watch the movies and then try and do it myself. I do so much better being shown things than I do reading about them. I usually just get frustrated and move on. It's amazing I've stuck with guitar all these years....especially learning on my own. Shows the depths or my addiction.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
May 14 2009, 11:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Video tutorials are great for to learn new applications. I use them a lot for other software i need for work. Manuals are always in the 1000 pages range .. who is writing all that stuff ? ... laugh.gif

Monte, can you please give some feedback, if these tutorials explain some practical workflows as well or is it just an explanation of each tool, button, etc ... ?

I found this Logic youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SFLogicNinja
Some are interesting and i found them quite useful.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:56 PM