Time To Narrow My Focus.....gmc Overload!, (You've done it too!!)
derper
Feb 15 2012, 09:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's what I mean....

I'm still relatively "new" to GMC (joined in Nov). I absolutely LOVE it here!! But, I find myself becoming interested in so many lessons/workshops/riffs/exercises all at once!!

No more!! I've stared into the infinite abyss of awesome-ness that GMC and it's talented, hard-working instructors have to offer. Now, it's time to step back, and NARROW my focus to a few lessons at a time.

I'm certain I'm not the only one that has suffered from this "GMC overload" syndrome. And I don't mean I've been putting in too much time at GMC....that isn't possible (as long as you meet your other obligations in life, to keep the internet/electricity on!). It's more about "over-loading" myself with so many lessons and concepts at once.

For now, I will narrow my focus to the following....

-Finishing my Castlevania student lesson series, and getting the collab going!! (Dinaga, I just ordered my line 6 kb37 interface today, so I'll REALLY be able to take part in this collab!! No more crappy cam vids with "live" sound!!)

-Cosmin's "Antonia Vivaldi Winter" lesson

-My ever continuing quest to improve on Muris' "Country picking advanced" vid, as part of "Dinaga's INSANE lesson hunt" thread.

Then I'll move onto....

-Collabs!! I had to step back from them for a minute, in order to "narrow my focus", but I hope I can submit to Sinisa's Lydian Collab by the deadline, and also jump onboard Gabriel's Zeppelin Collab (2 Gabriels are better than 1!!) as well!

- improving sweep picking, with Alex Feather's tips from last week's video chat (I hope there end up being some notes, otherwise I may need a quick "refresher" on that pentatonic sweep practice riff you discussed)

-Perhaps Cosmin's "Guthrie Govan Arpeggios"

-Incorporate the "modal madness" lesson into my practice/warmup routine

-Work on my country chops!

-Work on some "shreddy" lessons. I'm not much of a metal player, so I'd like to "up my game" in that respect.

And to help "narrow my focus", I'll spend slightly less time in the forum. Just a little less.

Now....Go practice!! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dinaga
Feb 16 2012, 04:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 15 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Here's what I mean....

I'm still relatively "new" to GMC (joined in Nov). I absolutely LOVE it here!! But, I find myself becoming interested in so many lessons/workshops/riffs/exercises all at once!!

No more!! I've stared into the infinite abyss of awesome-ness that GMC and it's talented, hard-working instructors have to offer. Now, it's time to step back, and NARROW my focus to a few lessons at a time.

I'm certain I'm not the only one that has suffered from this "GMC overload" syndrome. And I don't mean I've been putting in too much time at GMC....that isn't possible (as long as you meet your other obligations in life, to keep the internet/electricity on!). It's more about "over-loading" myself with so many lessons and concepts at once.

For now, I will narrow my focus to the following....

-Finishing my Castlevania student lesson series, and getting the collab going!! (Dinaga, I just ordered my line 6 kb37 interface today, so I'll REALLY be able to take part in this collab!! No more crappy cam vids with "live" sound!!)

-Cosmin's "Antonia Vivaldi Winter" lesson

-My ever continuing quest to improve on Muris' "Country picking advanced" vid, as part of "Dinaga's INSANE lesson hunt" thread.

Then I'll move onto....

-Collabs!! I had to step back from them for a minute, in order to "narrow my focus", but I hope I can submit to Sinisa's Lydian Collab by the deadline, and also jump onboard Gabriel's Zeppelin Collab (2 Gabriels are better than 1!!) as well!

- improving sweep picking, with Alex Feather's tips from last week's video chat (I hope there end up being some notes, otherwise I may need a quick "refresher" on that pentatonic sweep practice riff you discussed)

-Perhaps Cosmin's "Guthrie Govan Arpeggios"

-Incorporate the "modal madness" lesson into my practice/warmup routine

-Work on my country chops!

-Work on some "shreddy" lessons. I'm not much of a metal player, so I'd like to "up my game" in that respect.

And to help "narrow my focus", I'll spend slightly less time in the forum. Just a little less.

Now....Go practice!! laugh.gif

I know exactly what you mean. It happens to me too. I salute your decision to narrow it down and I agree it's the best way to improve your playing! It's better to one or two things properly than 10 things wrong.

And congrats for the interface, looking forward to your collabs and VGM lessons man! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Feb 16 2012, 04:22 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:25 PM