> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Van Halen Style Rhythm, Lesson By Alex Feather
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Dieterle
May 11 2012, 05:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Van Halen Style Rhythm by Alex Feather

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=44168
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=44224

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 12 2012, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Morgen, Dieter.. this is the best you've done so far smile.gif

Your timing is gradually getting more in line. I've highlighted the main areas which you need to still improve, so you can know where you're in and where you're out wink.gif

0:22.. you always wait a bit too long to hit the notes on the E and B string. The A chord is fine, but you want to hit the E & B string directly after the riff that happens on the lower strings. Isolate this part and keep listening to Alex doing this.

0:35.. you start the descending lick too early. You need to wait for the next bar to start, wait something like half a beat and start that lick. Again, just keep using Alex as your guide.

0:42.. you're quite good with these descending chords already but just make sure you don't rush them !

0:54.. These are supposed to be played as natural harmonics, where you lightly barre your finger over the strings just enough (in the right places) to give you that ringing, bell sound.

If you can spend at least 2 days working on those areas, I think you might tighten this piece up enough to get you that passing score ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2012, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Ha! Guess Ben pinpointed every detail smile.gif all I have to add would be to ask you to listen to the piece enough times so that you won't be taken by surprise by the succession of the parts. This can be a very distracting phenomenon for a player - not being aware of what's next smile.gif

keep it up Dieter!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2012, 12:54 AM
Instructor
Hi Dieter! It's great to find a new take by you for this lesson. Ben gave you a very specific feedback about each section. I have to say that this is a tricky lesson and you still need to incorporate the different rhythms. Keep on practicing it, start working on other easier rhythm lessons and be patient. Keep on working hard! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
close man, 7 on this one.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:31 PM