Hyper Blues Sound
cynodont21
Apr 22 2009, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
Hi Zsolt,

I was browsing the Guitar MasterClass website and found your brilliant Hyper Blues. I joined up just to learn how to play this amazing piece.

My question is more about what effects you use to get that amazing blues/rock sound. Might sound like a stupid question but I'm having a real problem getting anything that sounds like it. Any chance you can provide some guidance?

Many thanks and if you come up with any more pieces like this I'd love to have a go at learning them as well.

Carmelo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 22 2009, 10:00 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (cynodont21 @ Apr 22 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Hi Zsolt,

I was browsing the Guitar MasterClass website and found your brilliant Hyper Blues. I joined up just to learn how to play this amazing piece.

My question is more about what effects you use to get that amazing blues/rock sound. Might sound like a stupid question but I'm having a real problem getting anything that sounds like it. Any chance you can provide some guidance?

Many thanks and if you come up with any more pieces like this I'd love to have a go at learning them as well.

Carmelo

Hi Carmelo!

Wow, this is a nice thing to hear!

The guitar I use is an ESP Horizon FR II, and the effect I use is a Line 6 Toneport UX1.

The amp model was an 1958 Tweed B-man (based on Fender Bassman )
- Drive 9, Bass 5, Middle 4.5, Treble 4, Presence 8

and the cab model was 4*12 2001 Treadplate (based on Mesa/Boogie cab) with an 57 mic off axis.

I also used a classic dist as a stomp
- drive 40%, gain 75% and the tone 51%

and a standard spring model reverb.

The idea was to pick the strings as hard as I can, and to use some wide vibratos.
You can play around with the classic dist and the amp model settings to achieve the tone.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zsolt Galambos: Apr 22 2009, 10:19 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
cynodont21
Apr 23 2009, 08:39 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 22 2009, 09:00 PM) *
Hi Carmelo!

Wow, this is a nice thing to hear!

The guitar I use is an ESP Horizon FR II, and the effect I use is a Line 6 Toneport UX1.

The amp model was an 1958 Tweed B-man (based on Fender Bassman )
- Drive 9, Bass 5, Middle 4.5, Treble 4, Presence 8

and the cab model was 4*12 2001 Treadplate (based on Mesa/Boogie cab) with an 57 mic off axis.

I also used a classic dist as a stomp
- drive 40%, gain 75% and the tone 51%

and a standard spring model reverb.

The idea was to pick the strings as hard as I can, and to use some wide vibratos.
You can play around with the classic dist and the amp model settings to achieve the tone.

Cheers

Thanks Zsolt, I have a POD XT and will play around with your suggested amps/settings until I get something that works on my old Westone Thunder guitar.

As I said great stuff, keep it up and thanks for the help.

Carmelo

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 23 2009, 10:51 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (cynodont21 @ Apr 23 2009, 08:39 AM) *
Thanks Zsolt, I have a POD XT and will play around with your suggested amps/settings until I get something that works on my old Westone Thunder guitar.

As I said great stuff, keep it up and thanks for the help.

Carmelo

Hi Carmelo,

Pod XT is also cool, and I think that you can achieve the sound on it as well.

Cheers

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 PM