> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lydian Spring Love Song Video Collab
thefireball
Mar 21 2012, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm pulling my hair out!! I am so weak in leads! sad.gif I'm going to go eat something. Maybe then I will fine a melody in my heart. I can't quit this time. I gotta do it...because I can...I know it... unsure.gif I have pieces of melodies - I just need to fit them together to make sense.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 21 2012, 04:21 AM) *
Hey mates! How are you faring with the takes so far? The deadline is closing in and it would be awesome if you could send your materials until the 25th (that day included wink.gif)

thank you!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 21 2012, 08:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Coz,

Do I play through 4 cymbal crashes? meaning my take should end right at the 5th crash? Not sure about what defines a bar. Maybe that is the 16 bars? I think I can sum it up in that amount of time. smile.gif Sometimes I feels like I could use 32 bars in that case, or 8 cymbal crashes. wink.gif
I'm getting somewhere now... (It sounded like your take went through 5 cymbal crashes, and so i was wondering..)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Mar 21 2012, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2012, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 21 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Hey Coz,

Do I play through 4 cymbal crashes? meaning my take should end right at the 5th crash? Not sure about what defines a bar. Maybe that is the 16 bars? I think I can sum it up in that amount of time. smile.gif Sometimes I feels like I could use 32 bars in that case, or 8 cymbal crashes. wink.gif
I'm getting somewhere now... (It sounded like your take went through 5 cymbal crashes, and so i was wondering..)

Brandon, as I said at the v-chat - record as much as you think fit wink.gif I wouldn't want to stop your creative flow!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 21 2012, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 21 2012, 04:59 PM) *
Brandon, as I said at the v-chat - record as much as you think fit wink.gif I wouldn't want to stop your creative flow!

I enjoyed the chat and I just finished recording my take. I will get the editing soon.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Perfect matey biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 22 2012, 01:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Cosmin

What do you think about a soft glow effect for my video? Or should I just leave off the video effects so you can do what you want with the video? Here's an example.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2012, 01:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 22 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Hey Cosmin

What do you think about a soft glow effect for my video? Or should I just leave off the video effects so you can do what you want with the video? Here's an example.

Hey Brandon, you can send me two versions tongue.gif one with the effect and one without it wink.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 23 2012, 06:28 PM
Learning Roadie
COSMIN, I DID IT!! I don't know how good it is, but I did my best with this brand new scale (for me).
I included a story for those interested. It tells the story (pretty deep story, too) I am actually telling with my guitar. smile.gif
It's a PDF, guys, and I encourage you to download and read it for yourself. It's just an easter egg. wink.gif

And Cosmin, I did include video two versions. One video take with a glow effect and the other is raw video. It's three separate takes for each "stanza" pieced together, but each take is recorded live. I have no prop, really, because the story is future. Haha. Maybe you could say my shoes in the background are the props laugh.gif because of the "journey" I speak of!! laugh.gif Totally not on purpose, but hey, it works I guess. wink.gif

My audios included are my normal soloed tone and the other is a dry input just in case my tone needs to be altered to your liking. smile.gif
I hope you all enjoy! I poured my heart into it.

Brandon's Lydian Take

-Brandon

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 24 2012, 01:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
Ok, I found time today to work something up and get a take! I didn't get to put as much time in as possible, but given the "inspiration" behind this piece, I think it came out great!! Well, I didn't face the camera properly either, since you told me to put a picture of Claire in the room. Of course I'm going to get distracted/inspired and stare at it!! biggrin.gif

There's one catch Cosmin.... My take combines a solid intro idea, some noodling in the middle (which I edited out), which leads to some great stuff near the end. Obviously, you can use what you want. The section I edited out is in time perfectly, so it's seamless. Here's a video example of the edited take to video (didn't sync up "perfectly", not did I add a cool fade....but so you get the idea) of what I consider to be the take. It flows pretty well.

I'm submitting guitar-only and w/backing for the full version, and my "edited" version....just so you have whatever you want to use. Fun collab!!

ARGH!! Just realized the video file is too large to upload here. I wonder if you can download it from youtube if I drop it there? Otherwise, I'll start a dropbox account tonight when I get home. Always SOMETHING when I try to get on a video collab....

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2012, 10:38 AM
Instructor
hey man!! I love it biggrin.gif so cheerful and happy tongue.gif I can see little birds laugh.gif

I will try and download from youtube and if there's something amiss I shall let you know smile.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (derper @ Mar 24 2012, 12:04 AM) *
Ok, I found time today to work something up and get a take! I didn't get to put as much time in as possible, but given the "inspiration" behind this piece, I think it came out great!! Well, I didn't face the camera properly either, since you told me to put a picture of Claire in the room. Of course I'm going to get distracted/inspired and stare at it!! biggrin.gif

There's one catch Cosmin.... My take combines a solid intro idea, some noodling in the middle (which I edited out), which leads to some great stuff near the end. Obviously, you can use what you want. The section I edited out is in time perfectly, so it's seamless. Here's a video example of the edited take to video (didn't sync up "perfectly", not did I add a cool fade....but so you get the idea) of what I consider to be the take. It flows pretty well.

I'm submitting guitar-only and w/backing for the full version, and my "edited" version....just so you have whatever you want to use. Fun collab!!

ARGH!! Just realized the video file is too large to upload here. I wonder if you can download it from youtube if I drop it there? Otherwise, I'll start a dropbox account tonight when I get home. Always SOMETHING when I try to get on a video collab....

QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 23 2012, 05:28 PM) *
COSMIN, I DID IT!! I don't know how good it is, but I did my best with this brand new scale (for me).
I included a story for those interested. It tells the story (pretty deep story, too) I am actually telling with my guitar. smile.gif
It's a PDF, guys, and I encourage you to download and read it for yourself. It's just an easter egg. wink.gif

And Cosmin, I did include video two versions. One video take with a glow effect and the other is raw video. It's three separate takes for each "stanza" pieced together, but each take is recorded live. I have no prop, really, because the story is future. Haha. Maybe you could say my shoes in the background are the props laugh.gif because of the "journey" I speak of!! laugh.gif Totally not on purpose, but hey, it works I guess. wink.gif

My audios included are my normal soloed tone and the other is a dry input just in case my tone needs to be altered to your liking. smile.gif
I hope you all enjoy! I poured my heart into it.

Brandon's Lydian Take

-Brandon

Hey Brandon thanks man! I'll download as soon as I reach the mountain house biggrin.gif spring cleaning has to be done!

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Mar 24 2012, 05:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 19 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Hey gang, here's my audio take biggrin.gif still a bit polishing here and there needed, but this is the main idea.

What do you guys think? This little piece is like a dialogue: I am starting with the theme from E and going on with the fast run telling my girl how busy I was and that I can't always be there all the time, and she answers with the second theme starting from B telling me she misses me smile.gif this is what came to mind when I wrote this.

Cosmin

Wow! That was very cool and smooth!

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 24 2012, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks! Even though I didn't get much time to put into it, I feel that the "inspiration" brought out some great ideas rather quickly.

I'll still upload the full video to a dropbox or something today when I get home from work in a few hours. Just in case!! wink.gif

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2012, 11:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Mar 24 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Wow! That was very cool and smooth!

Thanks man biggrin.gif

QUOTE (derper @ Mar 24 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Thanks! Even though I didn't get much time to put into it, I feel that the "inspiration" brought out some great ideas rather quickly.

I'll still upload the full video to a dropbox or something today when I get home from work in a few hours. Just in case!! wink.gif

Good choice mate wink.gif thanks!

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 25 2012, 08:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's the full vid download, at dropbox. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59772393/Lydian%20Vid%20Unedit.AVI

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2012, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Thanks again Gabe!

Mates - tomorrow morning, the entries are officially over smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 26 2012, 07:38 PM
GMC:er
Here's mine, hope I'm not too late!
It's not great but it was a great help i learning the Video software so I learned something form the whole exercise!!!
biggrin.gif

Vid Link:- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18648651/Cosmin%20...id%20Collab.wmv
[attachment=26899:Cosmin_L...complete.wav]
[attachment=26902:Cosmin_L..._DryGuit.wav]

Is this all you need?

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 26 2012, 06:38 PM) *
Here's mine, hope I'm not too late!
It's not great but it was a great help i learning the Video software so I learned something form the whole exercise!!!
biggrin.gif

Vid Link:- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18648651/Cosmin%20...id%20Collab.wmv
[attachment=26899:Cosmin_L...complete.wav]
[attachment=26902:Cosmin_L..._DryGuit.wav]

Is this all you need?

Hey man! Take accepted smile.gif let's see what we got here biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Lads! The entries are over and the final mix will be available this weekend wink.gif Monday means a new collab! biggrin.gif So if you missed this one, get ready for what's cooking in the oven wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2012, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Alrightie guys! biggrin.gif tomorrow is the big day wink.gif hope you'll like the final mix and of course, get ready for the new collab which I shall release tomorrow!

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Apr 1 2012, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 1 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Alrightie guys! biggrin.gif tomorrow is the big day wink.gif hope you'll like the final mix and of course, get ready for the new collab which I shall release tomorrow!

Yeah! Thats cool! Just got back from vacation. Great timing biggrin.gif !

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:04 PM