> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
ElHombre
Feb 22 2014, 06:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
ok smile.gif

Lets have a look at my ideas and structures and you can comment on them.
For example, I have a riff in 4/4. All played 4/4.

Then i play like, triplets, like 123-123-123, or 123456. Works over 4/4, but wouldnt it be cool with a change to 6/8?
Didnt get a chance for this to work though

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Haha biggrin.gif Frankly no! I would keep it like that, exactly as you said it, because it sounds a lot more interesting smile.gif Check this out:

The sort of riff at 04:10 that's the sort of pulse I'd like to hear! Sorry for the shameless pluggin biggrin.gif But that was the closest example coming to my mind!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 23 2014, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 26 2014, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice one Cosmin, are you singing on this one? Sounds a little like your voice

One of the biggest challenges while composing for me is the transitions between different tempos and time signatures, to make them smooth with whatever methodes there are, like bass slides, fills, panned riffs and all.

I will soon present to you all the templates for the 3 new songs to be recorded and we can talk about this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Thanks man - yeah, I am singing smile.gif

Regarding the transitions between tempos and pulses - here's a great example in my opinion:

The shuffle pulse alternating with the straight 4/4 pulse both having different tempos smile.gif Looking forward to hear the tunes, man!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 28 2014, 01:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah they are coming up.
Thought we could have a look at all the structures.

So you can check if there is any error or anything unsmooth, give your point of view
and It can help me make the foundation good for the songs.

And then its time to write the solos wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2014, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Sure man smile.gif Shoot'em up my way.

You know, I think it's best for you if I will act as a listener at first smile.gif and then we'll get into the perspective of the player/writer, deal?

It's VERY important to be able to open up a channel to the listener - you decide what type, but you should make sure it exists wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 1 2014, 05:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here we go, first song, think I showed this before, anyway here it is smile.gif

This is basically it. This will be more of a typical structured song with verse coming again with lyrics
and the guitar does the chorus for this one wink.gif

And on the verse I will try to play the same melody the singer sings.

So here we have all the rythms for the song.

Riff, simple, and it sounds good to me.
I have become mature in my playing and try to make it musical instead of techincal.

After listening a month to this idea i still like the vibe of it, and the whole song

So questions

how will this verse fit the singer?
Structures of riffs, backing? listen to the chorus with the low tuned guitar and piano, i can remove the melody and send you
a track without it aswell

Attached File(s)
Attached File  nmtv1.7.mp3 ( 1.83MB ) Number of downloads: 51

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2014, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

The vocal has a lot of space to come up with lines, but first you need to create a structure - I could only hear a riff, a piano part and a guitar solo. When I am talking about a structure, I am referring to having an idea about how the song will go from the beginning to its end:

Intro - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - solo - final chorus - maybe outro.

You can't really come up with a vocal idea that easily when you don't know what's coming next smile.gif I mean, from my experience, it either goes like this: we work on the instrumental until it has an almost finished shape (90%) and then I start working on the vocals

or

I come up with the chord progressions of the song on the acoustic guitar ALREADY having vocal lines to go with them and THEN we create a structure based on the chord progression and the lines.

Have you thought of things like this?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 1 2014, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Of course smile.gif
The thing is, its not a guitar solo, its part of the song and its the chours, now i dont know if i will have it this way.
This will have to be experimented with.

But I will do as you say, I will present to you the whole track, with ONLY the instrumental structure, and i will explain the parts
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 2 2014, 04:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Also Cosmin, would it be worth trying to get hold of "techno" kind of person to record for me
I think this modern ambient stuff adds a lot to the composition as you can see I add some stuff I made myself with the guitar.

It removes the "dryness" from the tracks with only guitar, bass, drum I think.

Or should I do this with my guitar?
Works decently

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 01:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 1 2014, 04:09 PM) *
Of course smile.gif
The thing is, its not a guitar solo, its part of the song and its the chours, now i dont know if i will have it this way.
This will have to be experimented with.

But I will do as you say, I will present to you the whole track, with ONLY the instrumental structure, and i will explain the parts
smile.gif

The more organized you are, the better things will go and furthermore, the easier it will be to explain to other people what you want to do smile.gif

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 2 2014, 03:01 AM) *
Also Cosmin, would it be worth trying to get hold of "techno" kind of person to record for me
I think this modern ambient stuff adds a lot to the composition as you can see I add some stuff I made myself with the guitar.

It removes the "dryness" from the tracks with only guitar, bass, drum I think.

Or should I do this with my guitar?
Works decently

Yeah, by all means - I mean, I would do that smile.gif It's always cool to have some pads and ambient sounds to 'thicken the soup' biggrin.gif If I can say it like that.

In Days of Confusion, we have this backing track that has all sort of pads/synths that goes from a laptop and plays along with us when we are on stage. It is on a separate track because we don't have a 6thguy to operate pads/ambients in real time. But it has to be there - it REALLY makes a difference smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 3 2014, 03:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Damnit cosmin, all recordings lost.
Somehow, so difficult to recreate EXACTLY what you made, pianist doesnt remember what he played and so on, doesnt have time and..
guess I have to remake the other songs.

I just created out of joy and passion, and when its gone, as it is when you have lost your recordings trying to re-record them its frustrating

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Pfff... damn man. I know what you mean.. I should start making my backup files these days, as you never know what might happen. Don't you have any back ups prepared?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 13 2014, 09:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nope, now I have though, trying to put everything in "REAPER Media" and back it up once a week.

Now Cosmin, how do you write lyrics without ending up with sentimental mainstream phrases?
I can do nothing but that.

"oh baby i miss you" "thinking of you" haha.

If I would relate this to guitar phrasing.
Its like im a guy who just learned the pentatonic scale over a 1-4-5
and trying to create some modal fusion lead.

I got words, but no way to put them into context
Cheers

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 13 2014, 09:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Well, first of all you have to know very well what you want to transmit. I for one, have written all the lyrics on the Days of Confusion songs and I have only written about things which I have personally experienced. No mumbo jumbo, just facts. Be it in the mind or in everyday life, the lyrics reflect happenings, thoughts and situations that the Cosmin who's writing this right now has fully lived smile.gif

Make a list of the most important experiences - good, bad, sad, happy, scary... it doesn't matter AS LONG as they have had great impact on you. You will discover a lot about yourself when writing. After having this list, see which ones you want to tell a story about.

That's how you begin smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 3 2014, 02:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Cosmin
I have a question about a song Im transcribing right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAz2z2viJ7s

Its a drummer solos album, with the guitars programmed!
I did the first intro part which I also belive is the trickiest and Im now at 100 %

A thing that confuses me though

At 0:44-0:58

Im almost certain he does not change chord, its the G power chords all over
But the groove of the track almost make you think.

But he doesnt right? im 99 % sure just wanted to check with you

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2014, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Hey man! I know Anup biggrin.gif Damn awesome music this guy makes! Indeed, it doesn't sound like he is changing the chord there, to me as well smile.gif

How's life and practicing otherwise? I'd love to see a recording of this tune from you!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 3 2014, 05:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Its been a good year for me here in England
and I will return home in the summer.

That year I will work again and focus on the styles I want to play.
here I have more focused on music in general and a wide stylistic approach to become more
"complete".

So I will focus on my own stuff now and music I think is cool smile.gif

I will soon put togheter a home recorded medley of the song ideas that might feature on my first EP.
Only thing is I dont have a good way of marketing it since my youtube channel is not grown you know.

Im at 80 % at the moment in the song, still needs to work at a few things in the intro.
For example the muting, and the "bam" sound, you know when you strike it so
the note almost change it.

In the song it does a rythm like BAM - mute - BAM which is really tricky at 100 %

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 3 2014, 05:45 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  LEGENDintro80p.mp3 ( 352.65K ) Number of downloads: 47

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2014, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hehe smile.gif This is not bad at all man - you are djenting biggrin.gif And I like!

It's of course a matter of patience and focused practice here, as with all that requires execution at a certain level.

I am looking forward to hear the medley and about the EP smile.gif Don't hurry mate, at some point in our discussions, I remember you told me about it and the ideas, but I figured it's maybe too early and that's why you haven't mentioned anything anymore smile.gif

QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 3 2014, 04:29 PM) *
Its been a good year for me here in England
and I will return home in the summer.

That year I will work again and focus on the styles I want to play.
here I have more focused on music in general and a wide stylistic approach to become more
"complete".

So I will focus on my own stuff now and music I think is cool smile.gif

I will soon put togheter a home recorded medley of the song ideas that might feature on my first EP.
Only thing is I dont have a good way of marketing it since my youtube channel is not grown you know.

Im at 80 % at the moment in the song, still needs to work at a few things in the intro.
For example the muting, and the "bam" sound, you know when you strike it so
the note almost change it.

In the song it does a rythm like BAM - mute - BAM which is really tricky at 100 %

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 4 2014, 03:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Songs like this Is why I want to learn drums also.. no way I could come up with a groove like this right now.
Anyway Cosmin.

My 7 string is really good quality, its standard scale though, I have it slightly dropped, Drop A flat so a half step + 1.5 step on the 7th string.
And for this song I hit the G one more step.

Now the thing is besides this modern metal I also like shredding, like instrumental rock as you may remember.
So this 7 string is also for lead playing and has a medium like action with balanced pickups.

Well now something that im wondering about

Well for example this song is programmed guitars with perfect bass mix and everything.
To make the guitars sound like that, is that a production thing or do you need
like a big scale 7 string with "djent" pickups and high action? biggrin.gif

I was kind of wondering that, cause if that is the case I might as well had bought a baritone 6 string you know.
Cause I use my 7 string for mulitple purposes.

What do you think?

EDIT

Lots of questions today! hope you can answer both smile.gif
Okay second question, im sorting out the song and Im on a good way.
Im gonna sort out this part and I will first sort out the chords.

Which sounds like G - Eb - C
I attatched the soundfile, I only played the chords, non rythmical to the track.
Does this sound right to you? Listen to the original as well

This low tunings confuse me, I think I need to get a thicker 7th strick as well.
Im on a .64 in G (normally Ab)

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 4 2014, 08:27 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  chordtest.mp3 ( 389.79K ) Number of downloads: 48

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:20 PM