Newbie, Beginner guitar player need advice on where to begin
deckel
Mar 3 2012, 01:14 AM
GMC:er
My name is David and I am a beginner guitar player. I am looking for some advice on where to begin. What would be the first step to get off on the right foot. Thanks for any help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Mar 3 2012, 02:59 AM
QUOTE (deckel @ Mar 2 2012, 04:14 PM) *
My name is David and I am a beginner guitar player. I am looking for some advice on where to begin. What would be the first step to get off on the right foot. Thanks for any help.

there is a lesson series here, which would be a great place to start:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonseries/First-Steps/

And then do this, Instructor, Bear Rose:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ginners-Corner/

After that just search lessons level 1 and 2 and that should keep you plenty busy.

What I have found though is don't try to do too many lessons at the same time, or you can get overwhelmed.

Michael

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Mar 3 2012, 03:12 AM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 3 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Hey David, welcome to GMC smile.gif

Well done for being pro active and seeking to learn !

Michael has already hit the nail on the head with the Bear Rose lessons.. we've seen so many people make massive improvements in a short space of time, developing their rhythm ability and chord changes.

Also, what style of music / guitar playing inerests you most ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2012, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Deckel!! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif
You already received the correct lessons to start so let us know if you need some help with it.
enjoy the site!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2012, 07:01 AM
Welcome to GMC David! smile.gif I'm Todd and I'm on of our Instructors here. As Ben Higgins mentioned, you are already heading the right direction by asking questions. Jump in to the Bear Rose lessons and attend as many live video chat lessons as you can and ask questions galore!

Todd
QUOTE (deckel @ Mar 2 2012, 07:14 PM) *

+Quote Post
spacebran
Mar 4 2012, 07:56 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Also check out Ivan's Chord Workshop - I've been playing for years and recently discovered it. It's been quite helpful!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 4 2012, 03:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Daaaave! You made a great choice coming here. Can't go wrong with anything that's been mentioned already.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:05 PM