4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Mtp Out - Private Lessons In, Launch of new pay feature which will replace MTP
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 10:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Jul 19 2010, 09:20 PM) *
In my opinion, $30 for what was free untill yesterday is too expensive.

I agree with you - in retrospect we should have done it differently from the start. As a customer I would not enjoy paying for something I have previously received for free.

I do however find the price $30/month for a personal learning plan and GMC instructor to be very competitive.

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 19 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Well, I dig this, and I dont think the prize isn't unfair either - but maybe there should be a "trial" month or so, You cant really tell if this way of learning/the instructors will suit You in particular. Pay for six months in advance seems to be a little too much if You're not sure of this method of learning. Another issue will be on the teacher side - what if the student thinks that the teacher doesn't put enough effort in the private lessons? Can You get the money back then ?

If you are unhappy with your instructor but want to continue with the program you would switch to another instructor!

Also, I would like to see some more instructors participate, right now we have the rock & metal teachers (nothing wrong with that), but what about teachers in other styles???

We should have most styles covered - as an example I have been contacted today by Jerry, Gera and Stephane who said they are available. You can expect more information on available instructors to appear.

EDIT: Btw. Im a big fan of the old system where students teaches students, there are a lot of skill amongst the students as well. If this can run at the same time, I think it will be great. (heard me Monte.. smile.gif ) If anyone is interested in learning some jazz theory, basic rock/jazz I will be happy to help !

It would of course be absolutely awesome if you would want to mentor people on the forum. I have said it before - but often you will get the best advice from people who are still learning, because they are in a similar learning phase as you.

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jul 19 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Kristofer,

Perhaps if you list what features are available for monthly subscribers, that would help make things clearer.

Am I correct in assuming the following are still included in the monthly fee?

1. Access to video lessons under the "Guitar Lessons Tab"
2. Instructor led Collaborations
3. REC program whereby students can still be graded for submissions based on lessons?
4. Instructor led video chat.

And the only thing that is changing is an added fee for Private Lessons, which is replacing the MTP program?

Thanks,
Christian A.

That is correct (we list member features here - but perhaps the page should be more specific)

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jul 19 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I am interested in this...but I really have a problem with everyone being able to follow your "private" lesson. It doesn't seem right that someone can get the same benefit from reading the thread for free, and take advantage of the paying member. It should be a seperate thread for the instructor and student only...maybe a password?

I have asked the techs for a suggestion on how we can achieve this! I will get back.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 19 2010, 10:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 19 2010, 02:09 PM) *
That is correct (we list member features here - but perhaps the page should be more specific)

oh! It is listed there! wasn't sure if it changed and because the sign-up link is way at the bottom, it didn't dawn on me to check rolleyes.gif

Christian A.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 19 2010, 11:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think this is a great thing. I really enjoyed doing MTP.....both learning and teaching. This is something that I will hopefully be able to participate in in the future as a student. I really enjoyed the teaching as well......and I agree that there are a lot of students on this site who would be great teachers.......such as Staffy, Zakk Wylde, MarcMaiden etc.

Hopefully this works out really well for everybody here.

I also agree with praetorian that private lessons should be private........not sure how to accomplish this but it would be nice.

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 20 2010, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
BRAVO GMC !! I honestly think that this is the best approach to to deal with the MTP/Private Lessons. IMO the extra rates are complete valid and i will for sure subscribe when my actual mess concerning time is back in order .. smile.gif

Yeah, to lower the standard subscription rate a tiny little bit would have been great (pure customer view ofc), but out of experiences i know, to keep a service like GMC running is really expensive. With fast, mirrored servers in the US and europe, a whole bunch of qualified instructors and constant developments to add/improve new features to the site. Maybe if Kris would one day start a forum topic like "Kris's Gear Purchase of the week" i would start to wonder, but up to then ... fair enough !! .. smile.gif

Oh btw .. i really appreciate that Kris is doing the communicate himself concerning the MTP/Private Lessons ... something i have missed a bit in the past.

Andy

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 20 2010, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Will the current MTP continue untill the end

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 20 2010, 12:33 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yes Superize. We will be able to complete our last MTP session -> End of August.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 20 2010, 07:41 PM
GMC Founder
Update:

We have now tweaked with permissions so that the Private Lessons mentoring will be 100% closed. You will notice that the correspondance between Adrian and his first Private Lessons student is no longer visible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 21 2010, 01:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 20 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Update:

We have now tweaked with permissions so that the Private Lessons mentoring will be 100% closed. You will notice that the correspondance between Adrian and his first Private Lessons student is no longer visible.

Outstanding! You just got another customer!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 21 2010, 01:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
I guess Ill post a post here aswell. Its good to see GMC evolving, and in a good direction. smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 21 2010, 04:00 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Wow.. now theres some secret going on.. wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Fusar
Jul 21 2010, 10:21 AM
GMC:er
I think this will be great. I think if people give money, both instructor and student will work more seriously.
Unfortunately atm, I don't have money neither for a GMC subscription, nor for 6 month of Private Lessons. Maybe you could shorten the time on 1 month, 3 and 6 months?
Furthermore, I'd really appreciate to see one thread of these Private Lessons. I understand why people want to have this closed if they pay for it, but for hesitating members, this would be great to see what's going on. Or the students could write a review...

And Kris, I really appreciate your work! GMC is the friendlist (and competent) (music)community I've ever found! I hope you will in the future work on GMC like you did the last years smile.gif

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Fre
Jul 21 2010, 11:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 19 2010, 07:20 PM) *
EDIT: Btw. Im a big fan of the old system where students teaches students, there are a lot of skill amongst the students as well. If this can run at the same time, I think it will be great. (heard me Monte.. smile.gif ) If anyone is interested in learning some jazz theory, basic rock/jazz I will be happy to help !

I would really love to learn some stuff of you Staffy (Jazz)! You have a lot of expierience (more than me) and I like your style.
Other than ruben_mcn I don't have much time during summer. I will have time starting in september.
How do you think of it? Will it be like the private lessons but not with an instructor?

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 21 2010, 11:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 21 2010, 05:00 AM) *
Wow.. now theres some secret going on.. wink.gif

I wanna learn some KGB-licks!!! laugh.gif

//Staffay

QUOTE (Fre @ Jul 21 2010, 12:32 PM) *
I would really love to learn some stuff of you Staffy (Jazz)! You have a lot of expierience (more than me) and I like your style.
Other than ruben_mcn I don't have much time during summer. I will have time starting in september.
How do you think of it? Will it be like the private lessons but not with an instructor?

Thats cool with me in september, I'm thinking of running it like the MTP was with assignments every week, or at the pace desired. Since this will be free, its gonna be like ordinary forum posts in a particular thread - just as the MTP was. I think its more fun when everyone can follow whats going on.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Fre
Jul 21 2010, 12:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 21 2010, 10:41 AM) *
Thats cool with me in september, I'm thinking of running it like the MTP was with assignments every week, or at the pace desired. Since this will be free, its gonna be like ordinary forum posts in a particular thread - just as the MTP was. I think its more fun when everyone can follow whats going on.

//Staffay

I'm excited to learn! I agreed that it is more fun when others can follow. I learned a lot from other members Mtp's.
Is it ok for you if it's free? Thanks in progress Staffy!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 21 2010, 12:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fre @ Jul 21 2010, 01:12 PM) *
I'm excited to learn! I agreed that it is more fun when others can follow. I learned a lot from other members Mtp's.
Is it ok for you if it's free? Thanks in progress Staffy!

Yeah, I dont mind sharing my knowledge - for what its worth... I dont make a living on music anymore, so I have no bills to pay by doin some teaching/coaching. But I will also tell that its a tough life beeing a musician, and I do think that the instructors here are worth every penny for the private lessons - even that it might look expensive. (which its in fact not imo.)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jul 21 2010, 01:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well there is a reason why most of our instructors are from poorer countries like mine, and members mostly from the richer ones...
Some people have not much more than 30$ per month for all their "entertainment", other spend more every day. This is one of the reasons why the option of "buying" a single lesson was a nice idea. For me 30$ isn't cheap, but I know it is a fair price to pay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fre
Jul 21 2010, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 21 2010, 11:29 AM) *
Yeah, I dont mind sharing my knowledge - for what its worth... I dont make a living on music anymore, so I have no bills to pay by doin some teaching/coaching. But I will also tell that its a tough life beeing a musician, and I do think that the instructors here are worth every penny for the private lessons - even that it might look expensive. (which its in fact not imo.)

//Staffay

I would like to 'buy' the private lessons from instructors, but as I'm still in high school I don't have much money from my own. I wouldn't be able to combine my current subscription with another monthly payment. So your offer is a really great alternative. And I think you already have the skills and expierience like an instructor.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 21 2010, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fre @ Jul 21 2010, 10:08 PM) *
I would like to 'buy' the private lessons from instructors, but as I'm still in high school I don't have much money from my own. I wouldn't be able to combine my current subscription with another monthly payment. So your offer is a really great alternative. And I think you already have the skills and expierience like an instructor.

Hmmm, I see... well, its perfectly OK for me, just give me an PM, when You like to start and we make a thread for You!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 23 2010, 03:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Kris, it would be really great to have a list of available teachers here or on the sign-up page. This would make the decision whether to take the private lessons or not much easier!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 23 2010, 08:48 PM
Instructor
glad to announce that i'm running the program with two students now!!
i'm very excited about this!

also if anyone is interested i got room for more students wink.gif.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:11 AM