> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Jesssej's Guitar Expressionsim From A To Z
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Hey Jesse!

Sure thing - now, if you can already use them, I will direct you towards this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...inch-harmonics/

Take a look over it and let's start the work wink.gif Is it too difficult or if you don't like the way it sounds, we can look for something else smile.gif

If you can't use them yet, let me know so that I can explain the whole process.

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Aug 5 2012, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
Hi cosmin

I love that lesson it sounds very nice! Not sure how hard it will be I am not that good at judging but I will try my best smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Aug 5 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Hi cosmin

I love that lesson it sounds very nice! Not sure how hard it will be I am not that good at judging but I will try my best smile.gif

Hey Jesse smile.gif Try it out a bit and tell me how it feels, because if it's too difficult, we can go for another one, k?

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Aug 14 2012, 06:34 PM
Hi Cosmin smile.gif

I tried the lesson and the lesson in itself isn't that hard it is pinch harmonics that I am having trouble with. I just can't seem to do them. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on pinch harmonics and practiced and nothing like I can do them 1 out of 50 tries!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 15 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Aug 14 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Hi Cosmin smile.gif

I tried the lesson and the lesson in itself isn't that hard it is pinch harmonics that I am having trouble with. I just can't seem to do them. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on pinch harmonics and practiced and nothing like I can do them 1 out of 50 tries!

Hey Jesse smile.gif Let's try to spot the problem out:

- do you have enough gain in your tone?
- is the bridge pickup on?
- is your thumb also touching the string?
- are you picking the harmonic in the right spot on the string?

Let's take it from here then, shall we?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Aug 15 2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Cosmin

Okay this looks like a good place to start !

Okay my gain was all the way turned up ( And I get ALOT of gain out of my amp )
I was trying it on both pickups, but like you said I did find the results better on the bridge pickup
My thumb was touching the string but I find it just mutes it most of the time.
I am not sure about the right spot on the string ? Don't know where that would be ?

Thanks for all the help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2012, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Well, Jesse, watch out for the following things:

- the thumb must touch the string with a very little portion, otherwise, it will choke the string, much like you are describing the situation right now smile.gif

- there are several spots on each string (start exploring the G and D strings, as you will get the easiest results with these) between the neck and the bridge, where you can find various artificial harmonic spots smile.gif it's all about exploring man.

Here's a good exercise!

1) Play the A note on the G string in the second fret.
2) Play an A major arpeggio using the B and E strings as well - in this order: A C# E C# A having that A on the G string in the second fret.
3) You have heard the notes making up the arpeggio - keep their sound well in your mind
4) Find those notes ON THE G STRING ONLY, by playing artificial harmonics in various places and thus play the arpeggio, by using harmonics, on the G STRING ONLY biggrin.gif - you will discover that it is possible!

If you have any troubles, let me know wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Sep 28 2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Cosmin

Sorry I have so long in responding. I could list a million excuses but since none of them are any good I won't bother.
I cant seem to get this pinch harmonics thing so I was thinking maybe we could work on a different lesson? I would really love to learn to solo so what would be the first practical step to that long journey ?

Jesse

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Jesse! I was curious to see some lead playing from you smile.gif Do you have any recorded solo or lead oriented thing? If yes, send it my way so I would know where to pick it up with you in that direction wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:30 PM