> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Dslr Freaks !, tips and tricks
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 26 2011, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Just kidding mate smile.gif take your time,no rush wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 2 2011, 12:49 PM
Instructor
That is awesome add-on to the camera biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2011, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Alrighty guys! Since I am quite a newbie tongue.gif I would ask your opinion on this one, as I'm about to buy it this week!

Nikon D3100

It's about 480 euros new from the store, so I was wondering if there would be better options in this price range! What do you think?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 3 2011, 09:19 AM
Instructor
I'm not really sure about other cams mate. What I can tell you about that cam is that it is a very good amateur/semi-pro DSLR. It's easy to use, and not so heavy as "bigger" Nikons, so as a workhorse cam, with a good lens, it can produce very good photos, without the need to carry around bulky higher priced Nikon.

I used very similar model for several lessons, and I can tell you that for video I didn't like it that much. Good side is that Vegas is handling it's video files (avc codec, .mov) reasonably well, so you won't have much trouble when editing. Preview is watchable. The thing that I couldn't get off the picture was some type of artifact (that appeared on every Nikon I used), where very mild horizontal stripes go from down to up on the shot, like some sort of a scan phasing that goes upwards. These could be fluorescent light artifacts, cause I'm using halogen lights for recording, or just a problem with the sensor technology, but the artifact is there. It's not a big deal, but if you are paying 500e for cam, it's better not to have this.

So, if for video, better to do with good Panasonic HD camcorder in the same price range. If for shooting photos, better to go with Nikon. Bare in mind that HD camcorders are capable for making very decent amateur photographs these days too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 3 2011, 09:56 AM
Instructor
If we talk about the video mode I do not know much about Nikon, but I think it is good choice for the money! Here's a link that says a lot about this camera, compared with a camera that I have (Canon 550D)! The only thing I don't like about D3100 is that doesn't record in 25p in full 1080HD,but 24p.But suppose that a one frame does not mean much biggrin.gif ! Yeah,there's one big advantage - it has a useful auto focus in video mode, which Canon doesn't!

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Oct 3 2011, 10:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 3 2011, 10:46 AM
Instructor
I gotta say that I didn't liked that autofocus that much, cause it's a bit slow, but at least it's accurate.

PS somehow I always end up saying "bad" things about these cams laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 3 2011, 10:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 3 2011, 11:07 AM
Instructor
I noticed that, you'll ruin this topic !!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 3 2011, 11:15 AM
Instructor
I better watch it, or I'll be forbidden to post cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2011, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Thank you guys! I'll consider my options thrice biggrin.gif in order not to spoil the money on something which would not be that useful! I'm heading towards the shop today wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 4 2011, 10:04 AM
Instructor
These were my experiences with this Nikon camera. But as I said, this is for video, you can manage (I'm not sure what's the limit for recording, either 5 or 10 minutes per clip), but since it's 500e already, well, HD camcorders will do much more comfortable job.

On the other hand.. for photography, that Nikon is one hell of a cam. I wouldn't mind having it for that smile.gif

decisions, decisions.. sweet torture biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 10 2011, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Update:
Playing around with Vegas Pro plug-in " Magic bullet Looks". 50mm 1.8 lens

!! don't comment on playing !! biggrin.gif

Watch in 720p HD

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 10 2011, 09:23 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I saw this thread when you first posted it Sinsa and it made me start thinking about getting a nice camera. Then while on a business trip to San Francisco last week, my associate showed up with his Canon 7D and some killer lenses. It sealed the deal for me when I googled around looking for DSLR info and stumbled on an article describing the "convergence of video and still photophography equipment. I've thought about getting a nice camera for quite awhile but the article made me think the timing is right. So I went to amazon, checked out the various product offerings and pulled the trigger on a Canon 60D with the 17-135mm zoom and one extra 50mm, F1.4 fixed lens. I'm a total newbie to photography but my dad was quite the enthusiast. He took photos of us on just about every event till we were sick of it. biggrin.gif But I'm glad he did that cause now we've got a pretty good chronology of our childhoods and growing up. I'll probably use the new DSLR for the usual stuff like family photos, & landscapes. But for sure I'm going to explore it's video capabilities with future REC takes. By the time I do another 40 REC's, I'll probably be a decent guitar player, AND a decent videographer. tongue.gif Great posts everyone. I plan to check them out some more after I learn a bit about the new camera.
cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 10 2011, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Good choice James,I can guarantee that you'll enjoy with your new toy! The only question is how much you are willing to explore it, because, I repeat again, that's not point and shoot unit, at least for the video recording. "50mm, F1.4 fixed lens"- great great lens ! If the price is acceptable- go for it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 11 2011, 12:11 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
No doubt, there is a huge number of possiblities for making good shots as well as wrecking them biggrin.gif . I've been reading the users manual a bit. The good news is that there are several fully automatic modes which will produce great results if not ideal for every situation. Venturing into the manual modes will be another story and the fun part I'm sure.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2011, 07:30 AM
Instructor
Nice shooting and playing Sinisa! biggrin.gif Today IS SHOPPING DAY biggrin.gif The biggest photo hardware dealer in Romania has opened a huge store - the grand opening is today and I am going to look around for the cam I was talking about in the earlier post : Wish me luck biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 11 2011, 11:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Oct 11 2011, 01:11 AM) *
No doubt, there is a huge number of possiblities for making good shots as well as wrecking them biggrin.gif . I've been reading the users manual a bit. The good news is that there are several fully automatic modes which will produce great results if not ideal for every situation. Venturing into the manual modes will be another story and the fun part I'm sure.

Oh,you already bought the camera ?!? I thought you just intend to !

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 11 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Nice shooting and playing Sinisa! biggrin.gif Today IS SHOPPING DAY biggrin.gif The biggest photo hardware dealer in Romania has opened a huge store - the grand opening is today and I am going to look around for the cam I was talking about in the earlier post : Wish me luck biggrin.gif

Hey Cosmin good luck buddy, though I think that luck has nothing to do with your choice, but with good price ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

Our small DSLR community is growing! Great !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 15 2011, 05:28 PM
GMC:er
SINISA! smile.gif Todd here. I started a thread on EXPERIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY and wanted to shoot you the link. I'm sure you have some wacky stuff!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry548843

Here are a couple of experimental pix to give you the general idea. I shot these in low light and tried to use the image sensor as a canvas and the light source as the brush.

Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gary
Oct 15 2011, 06:32 PM
GMC:er
Great thread. I bought a Canon T2i last year and it's a great camera. I believe the European version of this camera is the 550?
My main reason for purchase was to take pictures or my 8 year old sons sporting events as I got tired of blurry shots from not having a fast enough shutter(common problem of point and shoot cameras). I have used it to take quite a few family videos and rarely use my video camera these days. I just picked up a tripod with the goal of taking some guitar playing vids, so I will get a lot from this thead.

Gary

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 15 2011, 08:56 PM
Instructor
@Todd
I saw it man, will be an interesting topic wink.gif

@Garry
Yes, 550D is the European version, I have a Japanese radioactive version Kiss X4 ! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 15 2011, 10:21 PM
Instructor
Very interesting new articles Sinisa, I'm learning a lot from these smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 PM