3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
The New Virtual Band, Let's rock!
Ulrik
Oct 18 2011, 09:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi all.

I joined a GMC virtual band earlier this year, sadly it didn't go anywhere.
So now I'll start one myself.

As I'm a metalfan, I'd prefer this genre, but something softer might be ok too.

A cover could be a possibility for a first song.

I was thinking of doing some rythm parts and maybe some vocals, depending on what we decide to play.
And I'll get to do some mixing too I think.

So if you think you can contribute you're welcome.
So far users Gitarrero and MonkeyDAthos have shown interrest, and also our instructor Todd Simpson.

Please write what you would like to do in the band.
I think we need 2-3 guitarists
A drummer or drumprogrammer.
A bassist.
Maybe some keyboards.
And what about some female vocals too

I really don't want to dictate, so let's see, what we can decide together.

Ulrik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Oct 18 2011, 10:01 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 18 2011, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
i would love originals, have alot of riff's ideas tongue.gif! but i am up to covers, "i am not petrucci btw ahah so beware the amount of shred".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2011, 10:19 PM
I"m Stoked! Can't wait smile.gif If anyone doesn't have it yet, Go download REAPER! So we can all share files.

http://www.reaper.fm/

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 18 2011, 10:21 PM
me have reaper biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 18 2011, 10:22 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 19 2011, 01:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I do not think I am there yet, but how does the whole virtual band thing work? Sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2011, 03:59 AM
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Oct 18 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I do not think I am there yet, but how does the whole virtual band thing work? Sounds interesting.

Well, generally, you get a bunch of folks together and then start coming up with some song ideas. We are working remotely so having the same software certainly helps. Anybody can participate, according to their desire, etc. smile.gif You can be involved by listening and critiquing if nothing else, or giving a mix a shot, etc. I'd say the more the merrier smile.gif People have different schedules so it's great to have a decent size batch of folks to pitch in as a song moves forward.

So don't think you aren't there yet, you are! smile.gif Your ears alone would help the project. I'm hoping we keep an open vibe on this project and try to let folks participate in any way they can. What do you think Ulrik?

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 19 2011, 08:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 19 2011, 04:59 AM) *
So don't think you aren't there yet, you are! smile.gif Your ears alone would help the project. I'm hoping we keep an open vibe on this project and try to let folks participate in any way they can. What do you think Ulrik?

Yes, I think a virtual band is vulnerable with few members. So we'll let many members participate on different levels.

I too think making our own material would be preferable. Project Quadrium made some cool things, so lets se if we can too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 19 2011, 03:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
As I already told you, I'm in!
I also think that project quadrium is gonna get moving again now that Dogukan has recovered and is back on the forum, but the more band projects, the merrier!
I am up for rhythm, easy solo stuff and bass...oh, and drum programming, once my new drum program arrives (which was today, gotta pick it up at the post office tomorrow wink.gif ).
I'd also try some vocals again once my voice recovered from the cold.
How about covering a "non-metal" song? I know this kind of stuff is all over the place on youtube, but it might be a fun thing and (now comes the marketing part) it might get us quite a bunch of viewers when we put that stuff up on youtbe, facebook or whatever virtual place. Maybe some recent hit, Rihanna and Lady Gaga stuff for sure would bring the most viewers (given that is one of our goals).
But I am happy with original stuff as well.

Christian

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Oct 19 2011, 03:54 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Oct 19 2011, 03:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
I can join too if you want guys, since i am back from hospital i am hoping to work in a virtual band project again. I like it biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 19 2011, 04:53 PM) *
How about covering a "non-metal" song?

Do you mean non-metal turned into metal?

I can't standz Rihaga and Gaga

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 19 2011, 06:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's what I meant Ulrik! Who can stand Rihanna and Lady Gaga? xD
As I said, to create lots of youtube-views this might be a way to start out. But I am perfectly happy with original stuff. Let's hear what the others say smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Oct 19 2011, 07:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
I also have some tunes and lyrics i wrote. If you want i can share them with you guys. smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2011, 08:02 PM
Instructor
This sounds so exciting guys!! If you find a place for a solo guest in any of your future songs I would be happy to participate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 19 2011, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (quadrium @ Oct 19 2011, 08:54 PM) *
I also have some tunes and lyrics i wrote. If you want i can share them with you guys. smile.gif

Unless they were meant for Project Quadrium.
We don't want to kill that project, if it is still breathing.

Anyone can present some material or propose a song to cover/metalize

Let's see if we can get 2 more band members maybe before we start for real.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 19 2011, 08:39 PM
Instructor
This will be extra interesting! Keep us informed,guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 19 2011, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
this thread was hard to find!

I want to be in the loop! I can't commit to contributing, though if I do find time I'll submit a track or idea. I just have alot of practicing to do for some open mics and band practice so my time will be really limited by that.

Will you be using Kompoz again? Or are you just going to be mailing around files? Invite me if you're going to track your project on Kompoz!

SirJamsalot

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 19 2011, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Oct 19 2011, 10:46 PM) *
this thread was hard to find!

I want to be in the loop! I can't commit to contributing, though if I do find time I'll submit a track or idea. I just have alot of practicing to do for some open mics and band practice so my time will be really limited by that.

Will you be using Kompoz again? Or are you just going to be mailing around files? Invite me if you're going to track your project on Kompoz!

SirJamsalot

I haven't used Kompoz before, but I just checked it out.
If this will help our work, we might as well use it.

I saw your open mic video, looks fun, you'd better concentrate on that, and if you get more time we'll gladly have you here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Oct 20 2011, 02:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Oct 19 2011, 07:24 PM) *
Unless they were meant for Project Quadrium.
We don't want to kill that project, if it is still breathing.

Anyone can present some material or propose a song to cover/metalize

Let's see if we can get 2 more band members maybe before we start for real.

Since all of PQ members are in this project too we can go on from here if it is ok for Todd and Christian smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 20 2011, 03:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This will be fun to follow! smile.gif
One of the easiest ways to share files is to install http://www.dropbox.com/.
It will make a local shared folder on your harddrives and you can easily copy paste files there when working on the project.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 20 2011, 03:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 20 2011, 04:15 PM) *
This will be fun to follow! smile.gif
One of the easiest ways to share files is to install http://www.dropbox.com/.
It will make a local shared folder on your harddrives and you can easily copy paste files there when working on the project.

I allready use dropbox, it seems you get more storage space when adding more friends.

And Dogukan you can just share some of your stuff, you know I liked your Paradox lyrics

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:12 PM