2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Improve Your Improvising, Step out of 'em old routines...
ztevie
May 10 2008, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (wrk @ May 10 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Hi ztevie,

great topic .. i always have problems to integrate those scales in my playing and to make them sound like music smile.gif
I will try it out, maybe this time it will work... it definitely sounds interesting.

Beside the topic ... damn, i would like to have your right hand picking skills.
The inlays of your guitar are exceptional beautiful.

Thank you and good luck !!

Hey!
Integrate scales is really only a matter of learning the scale. You shouldn't have to think where you should put your finger next time, your fingers should just flow within the scale without too much thinkin, if you know what I mean? If you know every note of the scale all over the fretboard, then you're there...

You can have my right hand picking skills, just give me your address and you'll have it in the mail next week! laugh.gif
I don't consider any of my skills anything above the ordinary, but thanks for those words, it gives self confidence a boost! I have always liked to pick every note, it's just something that suited me and I developed to do, on the other hand I suck at hammerons/pull offs..

Yeah, those inlays were suggested by the luthier that built me the guitar, and they are 3 different exotic woods, as you can see their different colors... Even the pickup-rings are wood, ebony.. And the cavity plate on the back is wenge-wood.. THese guys like wood, not plastic...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ztevie: May 10 2008, 07:40 PM

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
May 12 2008, 11:17 PM

Great Playing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
May 13 2008, 05:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I voted for you Ztevie and congrats on your accomplishments. I like your style. Very smooth and melodic.

When I watched it I was reminded of a young John P. (Dream Theater). Got to meet him in my younger years working at the local music store. Set up the show at the time and he gave me a CD along with some great advice.

Very motivating to me at the time, just as your lesson is now.

Congrats

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
ztevie
May 13 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks so much, had never expected such nice response from so many! Really motivates me to make another, and improve myself.
UncleSkillet: Wow!! Reminds of young JP? Ok, i'll quit the guitar now, i dont need anything else in life! Altough i am lightyears from his technique and playing, he is one of the players i admire most.
Thanks! :-D

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:48 PM