Mahogany Half Stack?, Curious...
Nihilist1
Mar 31 2012, 05:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I get to choose the wood that will go into my custom cabinet that Krank Amplifiers will be making for me. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a company using mahogany in theirs. Mahogany happens to be my favourite guitar tonewood and I am curious if it would have any significant tonal properties. I am going to ask my amp tech at Krank, but I was curious to see if anyone here knew anything about it.

AAAANNNNDDDD..... They finally finished the video from our trip.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 31 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
I've never heard of such a quality wood being used for amp cabinets. In all honesty, I can't see the wood used for the casing really helping or hindering the tone at all so. I could be wrong though so yeah, see what the tech comes back with. But for me, I know that myself and anyone in the audience is hearing what comes out of the speakers themslves and will never identify something that maybe is a millionth of a fraction of an effect on the sound.

It would make the cabinet incredibly heavy to lift though, and cabs are heavy enough as they are !! ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:32 AM