Djenting With A Les Paul, Didn't expect such quality!!
thefireball
Nov 8 2011, 11:52 PM
Learning Roadie
You gotta watch this in HD for the best sound quality. I was stunned. I didn't expect much, but you can't underestimate a Les Paul. This is Drop Ab (G#) and he has 13-65 strings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Nov 9 2011, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
If anybody's interested, the guitar is of the ESP LTD EC-1000 range.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 9 2011, 04:14 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (dark dude @ Nov 8 2011, 05:51 PM) *
If anybody's interested, the guitar is of the ESP LTD EC-1000 range.

tongue.gif Well it sure did look like a Les Paul at first glance.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 9 2011, 06:44 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've been subscribed to this guy for a long time, he is very good at using amp simulators. I'm not sure how a real amp would handle such a tuning.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
dark dude
Nov 9 2011, 12:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 9 2011, 03:14 AM) *
tongue.gif Well it sure did look like a Les Paul at first glance.

It is a Les Paul! smile.gif Not a Gibson though, if that's what you meant, hehe.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 9 2011, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
Why didn't you expect such a quality?!?
You can play djent on ANY guitar - in fact you can play ANYTHING on ANY guitar!
If you know how to to it and use the right equipment it will sound good.

And why should a Les Paul type guitar not sound as good as other guitars in djent metal? From my experience Les Pauls sound superior to 99% of the other guitars thanks to the way they are built - so why shouldn't they sound good in djent?

Oh and as long as you use a tubescreamer to boost your tube amp and cut the low end any real amp can handle these tunings.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2011, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Sounds REALLY good! the tone is huge!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2011, 04:08 PM
Instructor
It sounds great! I like Ltd Ec model.. it sounds great, it looks so nice and it's a les paul with 24 frets.. a perfect guitar!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 9 2011, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (dark dude @ Nov 9 2011, 05:53 AM) *
It is a Les Paul! smile.gif Not a Gibson though, if that's what you meant, hehe.

Oh, well I'm glad that it is at least a Les Paul, yes. I wasn't sure what type of guitar exactly. Thanks. happy.gif

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 9 2011, 07:01 AM) *
Why didn't you expect such a quality?!?
You can play djent on ANY guitar - in fact you can play ANYTHING on ANY guitar!
If you know how to to it and use the right equipment it will sound good.

And why should a Les Paul type guitar not sound as good as other guitars in djent metal? From my experience Les Pauls sound superior to 99% of the other guitars thanks to the way they are built - so why shouldn't they sound good in djent?

Oh and as long as you use a tubescreamer to boost your tube amp and cut the low end any real amp can handle these tunings.

Yeah, I have to admit that I was prejudice and ignorant of what to expect from a Les Paul. I just had never seen one played so Djenty before. tongue.gif But no more will I judge the shape or type of guitar! smile.gif I see the "light" now. wink.gif Thanks for the enlightenment as well, man.

I didn't find this video by the way - it was shared with me and they said "Don't worry, it's not another crappy video" laugh.gif So I thought, haha okay - and then... Mind=BLOWN! (Where's the glue?)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
I subscribed to his channel immediately after receiving this video from him smile.gif awesome stuff - indeed, if you take the time to think and do things properly, you can pull anything off biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 10 2011, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Sounds good, but I can do it better on my Strat cool.gif biggrin.gif buahauaahahah biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:41 PM