This Is Brilliant!, Try it.
Opetholic
Jul 28 2012, 12:24 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
A brilliant way to teach improvising with different scales! Really nice..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 28 2012, 02:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 27 2012, 11:24 PM) *

This was a really cool concept. I will definitely try it out tonight. Thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2012, 08:07 AM
Instructor
I like the idea that the method doesn't just stick to making you memorize patterns and they give you other pointers as well, but in the same time, they don't mention anything about the characteristic scale degrees and other important note combinations which would be found all over the neck, regardless of the position.

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 28 2012, 09:08 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2012, 07:07 AM) *
I like the idea that the method doesn't just stick to making you memorize patterns and they give you other pointers as well, but in the same time, they don't mention anything about the characteristic scale degrees and other important note combinations which would be found all over the neck, regardless of the position.

I completely agree with you Cosmin on your criticism. On the other hand I think guitar learning should be very similar to how we learn languages when we are little babies smile.gif We don't learn complicated grammar structure or rules, we start with simple words and sentences and learn first how the language sounds. I think learning different scales should be the same. Before learning all the positions, scale degrees and combinations we should first learn how the scale sounds and feels. Then I think the theory is very easy, just a matter of practicing and learning.. I think this lesson does a great job in that regards..

--------------------

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jul 28 2012, 09:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 27 2012, 05:24 PM) *

I've tried these before - they're made by David Wallimann (he's got a bunch of lessons on gmc for those that don't know). You have to buy the map tracks, but there is a free sample on the website. I downloaded it and found it quite fun!

This post has been edited by spacebran: Jul 28 2012, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 28 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 27 2012, 11:24 PM) *

Very interesting! I like it a lot! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:39 PM