> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Summer Tune, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

yoncopin
Jun 7 2015, 08:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Beginner Summer Tune by Piotr Kaczor

A mellow change of pace here, thanks for the recommendation Gab.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2015, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Yoncopin!

This lesson is a great choice. It seems to be simple, even from its name, but there is a lot happening on it regarding bending and vibrato. You are not doing a bad job with this one but there is still work to do in order to make each phrase sound good. There are some things that you must take care and other that you still need to practice more.

At first, I noticed that there are some parts in the first phrases where the vibrato is generating pitch issues. You must be careful and avoid bending the note when you do vibrato. For example at 00:13, the vibrato is wide and regular, but you are bending down the target note and it is felt as out.

There are also some details missed as the bend at 00:11 which is not included in your take. IT's a very small bend up and down that sounds like a trill. So re-checking each phrase and focusing on these details is a good idea. Pay attention to slides, micro bends, vibrato, articulation and dynamics.

Finally, that lick at 00:41 could sound clearer. Work on it.

To summarize, you are doing a great job with this one and it's a very cool lesson to make your playing more expressive so keep on working on this one for some days focusing on details.

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jun 8 2015, 03:57 PM
Instructor
I'm agree with Gab 100 percent smile.gif
I like your tone very much. This is an emotional lesson, so try to put more feelings into your playing. It will be perfect take for sure. Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 8 2015, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Gab got all points here. From the good things - it all sound quite pleasant and would not make me leave the room if I were at your concert smile.gif But treated as a lesson we need to capture every detail that could be fixed. Most of all - every single articulation mark in tabs (mainly in gp or pdf tabs) is important. Articulation is whole the magic in our playing smile.gif Always make sure you do your best to prepare the lesson exactly the way it was written/showed in original videos.

I' not sure is this a matter of your guitar sustain problems or your fingers - please recheck this cause you loose sustain of most of the notes that shoul ring much longer. Turn of any noise gate if tehre is one plugged in. I have nothing to complain about the color of your tone (frequency response). It nicely fits the track.

When doing vibrato try to move your finger more like "around" the string - micro bends upowards and downwards so you always cross the "perfect pitch point". What you do now is you slightly bend and then vibrate the note which is already above the right pitch.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 9 2015, 06:51 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:41 AM