Mario Garza Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jul 5 2012, 05:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Mario! I am very happy that you have decided to join!!!
Here is a few questions!
-What are your goals?
-What is your weakness?
-What is your strongest point?
-Your favorite guitar players?
I am looking forward to start mentoring you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mario Garza
Jul 5 2012, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 5 2012, 04:17 PM) *
Hi Mario! I am very happy that you have decided to join!!!
Here is a few questions!
-What are your goals?
-What is your weakness?
-What is your strongest point?
-Your favorite guitar players?
I am looking forward to start mentoring you!

Hi Alex! Thanks for letting me join your mentoring program smile.gif

Goals

Ultimately, I would like to be able to play with control and creativity, like you do. Your profile video portrays perfectly how I would like to play.

But I know that it will take years for me to achieve the above, so in the short term I'd like to improve my timing, vibrato, increase my lick vocabulary, and be able to improvise over chord changes.

Weaknesses

My vibrato and knowledge of the fretboard.

Strongest Points

I think I have a good grasp of alternate picking.

Favorite Players

Marty Friedman, Eric Clapton, Guthrie Govan, Jimmy Hendrix, Paul Gilbert, and many more smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 5 2012, 11:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mario Garza @ Jul 5 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Hi Alex! Thanks for letting me join your mentoring program smile.gif

Goals

Ultimately, I would like to be able to play with control and creativity, like you do. Your profile video portrays perfectly how I would like to play.

But I know that it will take years for me to achieve the above, so in the short term I'd like to improve my timing, vibrato, increase my lick vocabulary, and be able to improvise over chord changes.

Weaknesses

My vibrato and knowledge of the fretboard.

Strongest Points

I think I have a good grasp of alternate picking.

Favorite Players

Marty Friedman, Eric Clapton, Guthrie Govan, Jimmy Hendrix, Paul Gilbert, and many more smile.gif

Awesome!!! So let's start with a neck learning process! And I will start preparing a vibrato exercise in a meantime!
So to learn the neck might seem very complicated, but it's not as hard as it seems!
Let's simplify it!
First and sixth strings are the same and after 12 fret everything is starting over!
So all you need to learn is 5 strings up to 12 frets!
Here is the trick!
First I want you to learn all the dots and open strings!
Open strings are easy to remember if we will use a little rhyme smile.gif starting with a low E
Eat
All
Day
Get
Big
Eeasy

So for now I want you to memorize this:

To speed up the process play a note and call it out loud and than check if you are correct!
Don't go any farther just yet! Let me know when you feel comfortable and I will show you what to do next! smile.gif

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Mario Garza
Jul 10 2012, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 5 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Awesome!!! So let's start with a neck learning process! And I will start preparing a vibrato exercise in a meantime!
So to learn the neck might seem very complicated, but it's not as hard as it seems!
Let's simplify it!
First and sixth strings are the same and after 12 fret everything is starting over!
So all you need to learn is 5 strings up to 12 frets!
Here is the trick!
First I want you to learn all the dots and open strings!
Open strings are easy to remember if we will use a little rhyme smile.gif starting with a low E
Eat
All
Day
Get
Big
Eeasy

So for now I want you to memorize this:

To speed up the process play a note and call it out loud and than check if you are correct!
Don't go any farther just yet! Let me know when you feel comfortable and I will show you what to do next! smile.gif

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

I've been studying the notes, Alex. How well do I need to know them to continue? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 10 2012, 01:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mario Garza @ Jul 9 2012, 11:38 PM) *
I've been studying the notes, Alex. How well do I need to know them to continue? smile.gif

You need to feel comfortable and pretty much know more or less where you at! Doesn't have to be perfect tho! Let me know if you are ready for the next one!

+Quote Post
Mario Garza
Jul 12 2012, 06:11 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 10 2012, 12:49 AM) *
You need to feel comfortable and pretty much know more or less where you at! Doesn't have to be perfect tho! Let me know if you are ready for the next one!

I'm ready smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 12:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mario Garza @ Jul 12 2012, 05:11 PM) *
I'm ready smile.gif

Awesome! So now let's take it to the next level!
That's what I would like you to do:
Take open strings and learn the same notes on the rest of the neck
Find it on every string!

Etc.

Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 8 2012, 09:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mario Garza @ Jul 12 2012, 05:11 PM) *
I'm ready smile.gif

Hi Mario! Are you ready for the next assignment?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Ready for a new challenge?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:34 PM