> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Yash's Preparation Spot
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2012, 09:07 AM
Instructor
Hey Yash! Check this out man:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44384

use this and your practice schedule will be the mirror of what you put in - I'll be around assisting you anyway smile.gif I wasn't online yesterday, so now I got your message

Great to hear you got a lot of time on your hands to practice wink.gif

That sort of riffing is a bit to advanced at this point - I suggest you tackle the chord shifting ideas first and gradually move up the ladder. I don't want any frustration cutting down your flight man wink.gif

let's rock!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 26 2012, 09:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
May 26 2012, 04:50 PM
GMC:er
K, got it. I am looking to get this guitar. Check it out, I am getting it modded, I'll tell you abut that in the chat (if you can come now, I hope you're online now, if yes come on).
Here's the link

http://www.cmcguitars.com/Jackson-USA-KV2-...g-v-kv2-sbd.htm

What do you think. And I am very sad to tell that the budget I had has gone down to probably $3000, coz the value of rupee has gone down. DAMN mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2012, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif man, it's got JAPANESE motifs on it! Gotta love that! I am a very big admirer of the Japanese culture and I think I would get it just for that tongue.gif Joking, well, one thing which I want to ask is: is there any place where you can test such an axe? I mean, it's gonna cost a lot of money so, you might want to have a pretty clear idea if it is what you REALLY need smile.gif

This is how I would think before buying an instrument smile.gif

let's share some thoughts shall we?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
May 28 2012, 11:45 AM
Hmmm, right. I don't think I can actually test any USA made Jackson, but there are some other Jacksons in India, like the X series and some other lower ends.

The main concern for me is the neck. It must be thin enough for me to shred. I've tried a very low-end Jackson some months ago, and it felt excellent. It was thin, just the right width, and I even played the clean parts of In My Darkest Hour which I've not done on my current guitar right to this day.

Next, it used to be Dave Mustaine's signature axe back in the day, during 1988-2000. He had a KV-1, but when he left they took his KV-1, changed the bridge to Floyd Rose, and changed the name to KV-2.

It looks cool, has a good tone from what I've heard from live recordings and other Jackson players. I really like the JB-4 pickup. Its got nice treble and mid range to it it, and kinda lacks some bass, which I love. (That's what my idea of a lead tone. Bass - 4, Mid - 7, Treble - 8 or 9).

I've made a seperate thread for this, so let's discuss it there.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44580

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2012, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I'll write my thoughts there wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 28 2012, 02:18 PM
As you wish

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 1 2012, 02:40 PM
Hey Cosmin, I am done with all my exams and now I'll give all my time and energy to my guitar playing. (Don't ask how it went, just pray that I get selected into the college I was born in wink.gif )

Now, I am recording my hammer on lesson, it will be imperfect, and can I record with Bear playing with me ? I tend to forget the progression.

And I'll be at today's chat biggrin.gif , although it'll be 3:30 AM here, but I got the permission from mom, yay biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash smile.gif no problem man, it doesn't matter that it's imperfect. Just send it over and we'll discuss together so that you will make it perfect in the end wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 08:55 AM
I want to integrate this and GMC stuff into my routine.

http://picksnlicks.com/Guitar%20Lessons/Ex..._workout_1.html

But, man, I want to confess something.
I cant stop my creativity. laugh.gif Most of the times during my playing, I tend to get bored with something after sometime and then I start toying around., playing riffs, random soloing etc. tongue.gif
How do I stop it ? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash smile.gif it's called discipline wink.gif You know, accomplishing something will require focus and discipline when studying. But if you love what you are learning and you are having fun along this journey, it's gonna feel good. Creativity is a VERY good thing and I can't stress enough on how much I bug people with this biggrin.gif

Here's what I would suggest. First, tell me how much REAL time will you be able to spend for music/ guitar related activities so that I may think a schedule for you.

As soon as you let me know, I'll cook up a routine for ya.

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 02:42 PM
Real Time, as much as you want man, I really want to be shredding soon. At least 6 or 7 hours, maybe even more. I want to progress, FAST. I want to cook up a routine today.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you about my little shopping trip.
In a word - HORRIBLE

Ooh those wretched salesmen in India, always looking to sell the stuff, and show even a $130 acoustic guitar as a great, having mahogany body and rosewood back, can you believe it Cosmin ?

And they won't let me play an electric with a pick, coz a $300 is very expensive and high end, its made in India. mad.gif
And no fx processor in stock. How do I know if its got a good tone ?

But there was one good news. I can get a little 20 watt speaker with two inputs (1 for guitar, 1 for vocals) for just $50-60. And I had a spring roll along the way smile.gif laugh.gif

And just in case I forgot to tell you my gear buying changes, I have a $1000-1500 budget. I am buying intermediate stuff, and saving those 4000$ for later, as FD, so that when I get better, I have better gear. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Okie dokie smile.gif

Let's divide time like this:

Technique - I am thinking of alternate picking, legato and sweeping for starting out - 2 hrs

Rhythm - riffing/ chord shifting/ groove - 1.30 hrs

Theory - scales/ intervals/ chords - 1 hrs

Ear training - 30 minutes

At your level if you would keep up with this constantly for 5-6 months, it'll only be for the best

What do you think? if you like this, I'll leave assignments - you got 2 weeks to solve and record the assignments smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 02:52 PM
OK, this is cool. smile.gif
And I am really gonna start learning to sweep, WOW.
Thanks mate.

Hey, I was just wondering, you are a lead vocalist too ? I got that info from the other site, wink.gif you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 2 2012, 03:26 PM
Update : 6/2/12, 19:55 - The vids are on their way. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 07:22 AM
Instructor
Mornin' man! Let's see the vids wink.gif In the mean time I am selecting stuff for your tasks! See you around!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 3 2012, 08:18 AM
Sorry man, the chord shifting vid couldnt be uploaded because the electricity went out while I was uploading. sad.gif Right now, I am out, so I'll re-upload tomorrow and hope nothing goes wrong this time.

Till then, enjoy this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBM0yw0t58

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Hey lil bro!

I have prepared your assignments smile.gif you have until the 17th of June to prepare them and record wink.gif Analyze them closely and then let me know if there's anything you'd like to ask about these:

1) Alternate Picking -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
Legato -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...r-23-Pull-Offs/ BUT smile.gif only after taking care of the one you are working on, k?
Sweeping -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweeps_Major_and_Minor/ I want you to try to grasp the idea with these first, so please focus only on Part 1 of this lesson ok?

2) You already have a lesson you are working on at this chapter biggrin.gif and I know you love it biggrin.gif

3) As for this task, I would like you to try the following exercise smile.gif look at the neck of your guitar and spot all the C notes everywhere. Try to memorize their places on the neck. Do something else for 5 minutes. Start a metronome at 70 BPM let's say and try to play one C note per beat biggrin.gif this will keep you focused and you will learn the places of the notes on the neck. You can try this exercise with every note you like wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 02:11 PM
The sweeping seems very difficult, am I ready for it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 03:48 PM
Here's covered of my favorite lesson tongue.gif

http://youtu.be/gr0je1sJDuE

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 4 2012, 05:38 PM
Playing a C note every beat is so tough. They are located so far apart.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 PM