Don't Be Stubborn
Opossum
Apr 28 2012, 03:50 PM
GMC:er
Switching from .009 to .010 gauge strings on my Fender Strat has made a HUGE difference in my overall sound. I made the switch because I was having trouble getting chords to sound in tune even though my guitar was properly set up. I'm sure some of this could be the result of poor touch or perhaps too many years playing Martin guitars, I don't know, but whatever it was, it was driving me crazy. The main reason I didn't want to make the switch was because I thought it would make string bending harder. And since bending strings is one of my greatest joys in life, I said not a chance. I'd rather sit here and have my chords sound a tad out of tune than to be denied of effortless bending. But one day the sharps and flats became too great for me to endure any longer and I made the switch. Best musical decision I've made in a while. Now my guitar sounds great and my bending skills have improved dramatically! I can't believe how much easier it is to control a bend from going sharp or flat on slightly thicker strings. Hope this helps someone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Nihilist1
Apr 29 2012, 09:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It is nice that you have used that as a solution, but you might still consider playing with a softer touch. It will do wonders for your speed, articulation, and tone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:12 PM